Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NHS Help 16:36 - Apr 2 with 2993 viewsBlueorder

Took my 11 year old for a blood test last Thursday and have so far missed 3 phone calls from them this weekend, presumably to discuss the results. Does anyone know if this is standard practice for them to call over the weekend . This has made my wife and I very worried. Thanks for any advice.
NHS Help on 16:42 - Apr 2 with 2473 viewsLord_Lucan

Where were the blood tests done and can't you speak with the local hospital?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

NHS Help on 16:47 - Apr 2 with 2448 viewsBlueorder

NHS Help on 16:42 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

Where were the blood tests done and can't you speak with the local hospital?

They were done at my local hospital (Bedford). But the number on my phone is one of those no call back ones.
NHS Help on 17:29 - Apr 2 with 2398 viewsjas0999

NHS Help on 16:47 - Apr 2 by Blueorder

They were done at my local hospital (Bedford). But the number on my phone is one of those no call back ones.

I'd run down to the hospital. Just for piece of mind.
NHS Help on 17:39 - Apr 2 with 2368 viewsMJallday

ive had calls on a saturday/sunday from my local hospital. nothign to worry about, if they WANT you to get hold of them theyll say "ring us"

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

NHS Help on 17:51 - Apr 2 with 2333 viewsLord_Lucan

NHS Help on 17:39 - Apr 2 by MJallday

ive had calls on a saturday/sunday from my local hospital. nothign to worry about, if they WANT you to get hold of them theyll say "ring us"

Yeah I reckon, they doorstepped Mariner when they got his results.

Mind you, I think I'd go down there, or even call 111 for advice.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

NHS Help on 17:56 - Apr 2 with 2321 viewsMJallday

NHS Help on 17:51 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

Yeah I reckon, they doorstepped Mariner when they got his results.

Mind you, I think I'd go down there, or even call 111 for advice.

ive been told to keep my mobile on by them as im on an emergency list for my op.
cant blooming wait, getting fed up of going to a+e

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

NHS Help on 17:57 - Apr 2 with 2314 viewsLord_Lucan

NHS Help on 17:56 - Apr 2 by MJallday

ive been told to keep my mobile on by them as im on an emergency list for my op.
cant blooming wait, getting fed up of going to a+e

Nothing serious I hope

NHS Help on 20:31 - Apr 2 with 2202 viewsMJallday

NHS Help on 17:57 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

Nothing serious I hope

cancer scan on liver , then having gallbladder removed

been in a+e 3 times with 4 weeks with various attacks. not pleasent. they can see some abnormalities in liver which is either gallstones (best i can hope for) or liver/pancreatic cancer (obviosuly not what i would like)

find out in the next 2-3 weeks

Login to get fewer ads

NHS Help on 20:33 - Apr 2 with 2192 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

NHS Help on 20:31 - Apr 2 by MJallday

been in a+e 3 times with 4 weeks with various attacks. not pleasent. they can see some abnormalities in liver which is either gallstones (best i can hope for) or liver/pancreatic cancer (obviosuly not what i would like)

Blimey MJ, keep safe bud

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

NHS Help on 20:35 - Apr 2 with 2186 viewsMJallday

NHS Help on 20:33 - Apr 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Blimey MJ, keep safe bud

cheers, worst bit about it is sitting around waiting. im on more drugs than a 70's rock star - hence why ive been on here a lot, only going to work 2-3 day a week at the moment. just pleased they are going to operate tbh. gallbladder pain is horrific, i had one attack at work, couldnt breath, got carted off in an ambulance. wasnt my finest hour.

NHS Help on 20:38 - Apr 2 with 2173 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

NHS Help on 20:35 - Apr 2 by MJallday

cheers, worst bit about it is sitting around waiting. im on more drugs than a 70's rock star - hence why ive been on here a lot, only going to work 2-3 day a week at the moment. just pleased they are going to operate tbh. gallbladder pain is horrific, i had one attack at work, couldnt breath, got carted off in an ambulance. wasnt my finest hour.

Bloody hell

Just googled where the gallbladder actually is as I wasn't sure

Hopefully all is ok, sounds scary and painful.

I assume the MJ I have on Twitter is you. I'm usually up during the night if you ever want a chat and everyone's asleep.

All the best

NHS Help on 20:44 - Apr 2 with 2154 viewsJ2BLUE

I'd give them a call mate. Someone will be able to help.

On a side note I spent 4 hours with my dad in A+E today. It was packed. The staff are excellent but clearly need more help. I bet every day is a struggle for them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

NHS Help on 20:47 - Apr 2 with 2144 viewsMJallday

NHS Help on 20:38 - Apr 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Bloody hell

Just googled where the gallbladder actually is as I wasn't sure

Hopefully all is ok, sounds scary and painful.

I assume the MJ I have on Twitter is you. I'm usually up during the night if you ever want a chat and everyone's asleep.

All the best

just below the ribs. sadly it only weight about an ounce so i wont be winning any weight loss awards this week

as for twitter - i cant see you on my list, send me a tweet/pm

NHS Help on 20:49 - Apr 2 with 2124 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

NHS Help on 20:47 - Apr 2 by MJallday

just below the ribs. sadly it only weight about an ounce so i wont be winning any weight loss awards this week

as for twitter - i cant see you on my list, send me a tweet/pm

Have sent it

Someone with that name on Twitter followed me who supports Town and I assumed it was you

That person just replied.. not you

NHS Help on 20:49 - Apr 2 with 2126 viewsCoco

Had a call back this weekend actually on a minor issue. I'm sure it was just a quick response to ease your concerns. Stay positive.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

NHS Help on 20:50 - Apr 2 with 2117 viewsBlueLikeJazz

When I had my gallbladder out they said they'd got it just in time cos my liver was about to go funny- hopefully that's all yours is.....
*thinks encouraging thoughts, crosses fingers etc.*
NHS Help on 20:53 - Apr 2 with 2099 viewsLord_Lucan

oh god that sounds sh1t. Best of British.

NHS Help on 21:34 - Apr 2 with 2035 viewsWeWereZombies

Hope things improve for you, MJallday, and you are not kept waiting too much longer.

All the best.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2017 22:13]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

NHS Help on 22:06 - Apr 2 with 1999 viewsfactual_blue

Blimey. I never thought I say to someone 'I hope you've got gallstones', but I hope you've got gallstones. If you see what I mean.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

NHS Help on 22:13 - Apr 2 with 1965 viewsElderGrizzly

Christ. Hope you get some good news in the next few weeks.

I had my gallbladder whipped out a few years ago after it apparently became 'lazy'. No stones and had no after effects. Another one of those that appears to serve minimal purpose!
NHS Help on 11:44 - Apr 3 with 1808 viewsLord_Lucan

NHS Help on 22:13 - Apr 2 by ElderGrizzly

Christ. Hope you get some good news in the next few weeks.

I had my gallbladder whipped out a few years ago after it apparently became 'lazy'. No stones and had no after effects. Another one of those that appears to serve minimal purpose!

Mother had severe pain and her innefective GP didn't want to do anything until my Dad kicked off. Ended up in hospital and it turns out she had gangrene in the gall bladder. Could have easily snuffed it.

NHS Help on 12:52 - Apr 3 with 1749 viewsHarryfromBath

Keep us posted, MJ. We will keep you hugely in our thoughts.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

NHS Help on 13:01 - Apr 3 with 1726 viewsGlasgowBlue

All the best to you MJ.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

NHS Help on 13:04 - Apr 3 with 1708 viewsWestSussexBlue

Very Best Wishes, Hope all comes back good news.
NHS Help on 18:31 - Apr 3 with 1620 viewsMJallday

thanks all. trying to keep chin up etc...

when i get to hospital i look forward to giving you all commentry on my unsuccessful attempts to woo the nurses.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024