Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? 18:05 - May 19 with 6941 viewschristiand

Another drab affair, appreciate these finals don’t always deliver, but when was the last entertaining FA Cup final in your opinion?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 18:08 - May 19 with 5211 viewsTrequartista

Blackpool v bolton

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 18:08 - May 19 with 5212 viewsTLA

I think it was the Liverpool v West Ham one, which I think was 2006.

I'm sure I'm forgetting one though.
When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 18:09 - May 19 with 5204 viewschristiand

1989 - Liverpool 3-2 Everton for me

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 18:14 - May 19 with 5175 viewsSteve_M

Arsenal beating Hull 3-2 was pretty good, when was that 2014?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 18:16 - May 19 with 5159 viewsbritbiker

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 18:18 - May 19 with 5153 viewschristiand

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 18:14 - May 19 by Steve_M

Arsenal beating Hull 3-2 was pretty good, when was that 2014?

Probably just me, but the more recent finals seem to all blend together. They just appear less memorable or am I just seeing it through nostalgic eyes?

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 18:29 - May 19 with 5118 viewstractordownsouth

Last year was actually ok. The ( slight) underdog won, there was a red card and two late goals.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 18:36 - May 19 with 5111 viewsDanFord

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 18:18 - May 19 by christiand

Probably just me, but the more recent finals seem to all blend together. They just appear less memorable or am I just seeing it through nostalgic eyes?

I just named every Cup Final from 1970 to 2000. After that I can remember some but no idea which years. They’ve just lost their meaning. Same teams largely, late kick offs, no real build up, teams in them have bigger fish to fry.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Login to get fewer ads

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 19:15 - May 19 with 5060 viewsBlueNomad

1981 replay
When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 19:22 - May 19 with 5046 viewspeterleeblue

The point is I can tell you who won all the Fa Cups say 75-85. If you asked me who won last year I simply couldn't tell you!
I doubt this one will live long in the memory either.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 19:23]
When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 21:10 - May 19 with 4922 viewsjaykay

the most one sided 1-0 final ever

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 21:45 - May 19 with 4890 viewsMelford

I remember the two crackers in 1987 and 1988. Coventry v Spurs and Wimbledon v Liverpool.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 22:01 - May 19 with 4866 viewsWestover

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 21:10 - May 19 by jaykay

Agree spot on
When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 22:36 - May 19 with 4822 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Watching all the passing back to the keeper reminds us why that rule was changed.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 22:37 - May 19 with 4815 viewsjaykay

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 22:36 - May 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Watching all the passing back to the keeper reminds us why that rule was changed.

you cant back to your keeper ?

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 22:42 - May 19 with 4811 viewsNthsuffolkblue

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 22:37 - May 19 by jaykay

you cant back to your keeper ?

The rule used to be that the keeper can pick up the ball from a pass back … but I am sure you knew that.

That rule change is probably the one that has made the biggest difference to the game. It is strange watching matches from the past and seeing it now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 01:37 - May 20 with 4725 viewsbournemouthblue

was it Liverpool West Ham which has a decent final

Gerrard dragging them through on one leg or was that the League Cup?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 01:50 - May 20 with 4718 viewsosborne

Yep. We thrashed 'em that day
When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 07:03 - May 20 with 4659 viewsLeoMuff

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 18:18 - May 19 by christiand

Yes me too, I don’t even bother to watch anymore it’s been so devalued, tragic really as it was very special.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 08:01 - May 20 with 4640 viewsPendejo

I keep telling that to young folks, especially the mid-20s Gooner who sometimes comes to matches with us now... watched it again recently, had all clear cut chances been taken we'd have still won but something like 6-4.
Beattie, Hunter & Mills all put in excellent tackles and I'm sure there's a quick bit of Cooperman Action

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 08:14 - May 20 with 4626 viewsRadlett_blue

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 22:36 - May 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

I remember watching the Crystal Palace - Man U replay in 1990 & for most of the game, Palace passed the ball around between their back 4 & then passed it back to the keeper, who then faffed around with the ball for a while, before rolling it out to another defender & the exercise was repeated.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 08:17 - May 20 with 4613 viewsNo9

What made yesterdays final worse was the appalling commentary
When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 08:19 - May 20 with 4614 viewsJohnny_Boy

I generally relate 'entertaining' to an upset. Wigan winning was the last one I really remember being half decent.
When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 08:54 - May 20 with 4584 viewsPendejo

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 08:14 - May 20 by Radlett_blue

I remember watching the Crystal Palace - Man U replay in 1990 & for most of the game, Palace passed the ball around between their back 4 & then passed it back to the keeper, who then faffed around with the ball for a while, before rolling it out to another defender & the exercise was repeated.

Rule change was around start of 89/90 season wasn't it?

Watch Liverpool v Everton 1989 Cup Final to see the passing back to goalkeeper from half way line

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 09:10 - May 20 with 4554 viewsRadlett_blue

When was the last entertaining FA Cup final? on 08:54 - May 20 by Pendejo

Rule change was around start of 89/90 season wasn't it?

Watch Liverpool v Everton 1989 Cup Final to see the passing back to goalkeeper from half way line

It was changed in 1992 as a response to much of the dull football played at Italia 90 (although that tournament is fondly remembered here because England did well). The Palace - Man U replay was one of the best examples of a game which I recall was crying out for a change in that law, but I'm sure there were many others.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024