Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suits - recommendations please 13:25 - Dec 4 with 1232 viewsuefacup81

I need to pick up a new suit for a funeral next week, and could do with some advice as to where might be my best bet.

I'm after something in Black/Charcoal/Navy, ideally in a 3-piece, and have a budget of £200 (although I could probably stretch to £300 for something perfect).

I've tried M&S and although they have a good range, and sell the various items separately, they have very little in the way of tailored fit suits in store, and I'm loath to order online, especially when I'm in a time-is-of-the-essence situation.

I'm based in Norwich, but probably willing to travel to Ipswich/Cambridge/Spalding Outlet Village if I'm likely to benefit from the journey.

Any recommendations? Ideally I'm after something multi-purpose, but in a worst case scenario I'm willing to pick up something cheap and cheerful for next week, and spend a little more time sourcing something more day-to-day.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 13:28]

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Suits - recommendations please on 13:31 - Dec 4 with 1020 viewsitfcpaul

Hi

I would suggest going to your local Jeff Banks outlet as they have some amazing offers on on off the peg stuff as well as made to measure

I got 4 suits made to measure for my wedding for £1200 and that was top range material. so should be able to get either that sitting your budget but certainly off the peg well below that

Quality is fantastic

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Suits - recommendations please on 13:31 - Dec 4 with 1015 viewsElephantintheRoom

When the same predicament I turned to good old John Lewis and Next - John Lewis had just the job for under £200 and I've since worn my funeral suit to a christening.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Suits - recommendations please on 13:33 - Dec 4 with 1003 viewschicoazul

Go to Slaters Norwich. They will sort you out.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Suits - recommendations please on 13:35 - Dec 4 with 999 viewsfabian_illness

I went to Coes on Norwich Rd for my last suit.
Proper old fashioned service.
They have a car park round the back.
Suits - recommendations please on 13:35 - Dec 4 with 994 viewsuefacup81

Suits - recommendations please on 13:33 - Dec 4 by chicoazul

Go to Slaters Norwich. They will sort you out.

I was in there on my lunch hour in fact! Not at all bad at the price point, but I'm just not 100% keen on having to have stuff adjusted (even though they do it for free).

I'm an odd-ish shape, so when I'm buying off-the-peg outfits I can either have a jacket that fits or trousers that fit, but not both! From my experience, so far at least, I prefer to be able to mix and match separates.

Suits - recommendations please on 13:36 - Dec 4 with 994 viewsBrixtonBlue

I have no idea.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Suits - recommendations please on 13:36 - Dec 4 with 989 viewsuefacup81

Suits - recommendations please on 13:35 - Dec 4 by fabian_illness

What's their pricing like? I've never been in to Coes for anything, but labour under the impression that they're at the pricier end of the scale.

Suits - recommendations please on 13:37 - Dec 4 with 982 viewsuefacup81

Suits - recommendations please on 13:31 - Dec 4 by itfcpaul

Hi

I would suggest going to your local Jeff Banks outlet as they have some amazing offers on on off the peg stuff as well as made to measure

I got 4 suits made to measure for my wedding for £1200 and that was top range material. so should be able to get either that sitting your budget but certainly off the peg well below that

Quality is fantastic

I was wondering about Jeff Banks in fact - hence the mention of Spalding Outlet Village. Cheers for the input there!

Login to get fewer ads

Suits - recommendations please on 13:38 - Dec 4 with 978 viewsclive_baker

Suits - recommendations please on 13:36 - Dec 4 by uefacup81

What's their pricing like? I've never been in to Coes for anything, but labour under the impression that they're at the pricier end of the scale.

You would be right with that assumption. Not on all things, but they've always struck me as more expensive generally, although the quality has always been good.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Suits - recommendations please on 13:39 - Dec 4 with 975 viewsSouperJim

Moss Bros surely? There's one in Cambridge near the market square, but probably closer to you too.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Suits - recommendations please on 13:50 - Dec 4 with 950 viewsBrixtonBlue

Suits - recommendations please on 13:36 - Dec 4 by uefacup81

Suits will be free under labour.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Suits - recommendations please on 13:51 - Dec 4 with 942 viewsclive_baker

Suits - recommendations please on 13:50 - Dec 4 by BrixtonBlue

Suits will be free under labour.

Season 1 on Netflix?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Suits - recommendations please on 13:57 - Dec 4 with 917 viewsKieran_Knows

I brought a decent suit from Next earlier in the year for a Wedding. Very good fit, true to size also.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Suits - recommendations please on 14:13 - Dec 4 with 877 viewsuefacup81

Suits - recommendations please on 13:57 - Dec 4 by Kieran_Knows

I brought a decent suit from Next earlier in the year for a Wedding. Very good fit, true to size also.

The problem I have with Next is that almost everything they have in store is either slim or skinny fit - even the stuff with a 46" chest! It's almost as if they don't want the portlier gentleman to be seen in their stores...

Suits - recommendations please on 14:19 - Dec 4 with 863 viewsbluelagos

Suits - recommendations please on 13:36 - Dec 4 by BrixtonBlue

I have no idea.

POTY sorted there Dolly :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Suits - recommendations please on 14:28 - Dec 4 with 849 viewsgiant_stow

Suits - recommendations please on 13:35 - Dec 4 by fabian_illness

I used to take my pa to Coes in Lowerstoft and they too had a car back round the back.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Suits - recommendations please on 14:29 - Dec 4 with 846 viewshoppy

Suits - recommendations please on 14:19 - Dec 4 by bluelagos

POTY sorted there Dolly :-)

I was amazed to see that this post had been up for a full 25 minutes without anyone else having mentioned Dolly being the go-to man for this kind of info!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Suits - recommendations please on 14:36 - Dec 4 with 828 viewsfactual_blue

Suits - recommendations please on 13:36 - Dec 4 by BrixtonBlue

I have no idea.

Are you talking about suits here, or just generally?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Suits - recommendations please on 15:16 - Dec 4 with 794 viewsBrixtonBlue

Suits - recommendations please on 14:36 - Dec 4 by factual_blue

Are you talking about suits here, or just generally?

I'm talking about why I still like you as a poster.

Suits - recommendations please on 15:17 - Dec 4 with 787 viewshampstead_blue

Duchamp.
Check out the outlet part of the website.

I've got lots of their suits and the quality is wonderful. Linings stunning, and they are classics.

I love their stuff and if you get the news emails you grab bargains at the end of each season.

Fill thy boots, sorry to hear about the loss.

https://www.duchamplondon.com/collections/black-friday-sale?utm_campaign=AW19%20

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Suits - recommendations please on 15:23 - Dec 4 with 776 viewsParky

I purchased a couple of suits for work a few weeks ago from Next.

Really good pricing, they didn't have the size trousers I wanted in the store; but paid no more to get them delivered to my house the next day.

Have a dry cleaners at work and used it a few times now, the suit hasn't worn or anything either.
Suits - recommendations please on 15:30 - Dec 4 with 767 viewsZoloft

+1 for Slaters on St Stephens St. My son bought a suit there, free alterations and very reasonable. I picked it up for him and was surprised at the size of the place.
Suits - recommendations please on 15:34 - Dec 4 with 762 viewsfactual_blue

Suits - recommendations please on 15:16 - Dec 4 by BrixtonBlue

I'm talking about why I still like you as a poster.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Suits - recommendations please on 16:07 - Dec 4 with 725 viewsOldsmoker

I rent my suits for weddings, funerals and the odd posh bash now.
My waist keeps getting bigger so old trousers don't fit.
Unless you plan on going to 4 funerals in the next 3 years it's an economical option.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Suits - recommendations please on 17:30 - Dec 4 with 684 viewsfabian_illness

Suits - recommendations please on 14:28 - Dec 4 by giant_stow

I used to take my pa to Coes in Lowerstoft and they too had a car back round the back.

Was the only reason I went there.
Rubbish shop, great car park.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024