Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre challenge looks high from this angle... 21:30 - Nov 3 with 5484 viewsMatt_Netherlands

But then again looks very soft from this photo:

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 08:25 - Nov 5 with 398 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 12:34 - Nov 4 by itfcjoe

it's also a ref who had let so much go, so many challenges worthy of a yellow card didn't get one.

If the ref had booked 4 or 5 players prior to it then it would be more understandable, but the first card was a red one

If you watch Max Power (6), he initially has a go at the ref and assumes he has blown up for the push, before giving the thumbs up when he see's the ref has given it in Sunderlands favour.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 08:37 - Nov 5 with 388 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 19:10 - Nov 4 by Herbivore

If he's standing on his right foot then he's either got an incredibly flexible ankle joint or he's going to be out for the season.

Eh? He's on his right foot and it slips from under him, so the outside edge of his foot slides across the grass. His ankle joint has nothing to do with it (other than being attached!) I suggest you watch the clip above; stop it at 0.02 then play and pause in quick succession until 0.03. He goes in for the tackle with his left with the right on the grass, slipping from under him.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 09:25 - Nov 5 with 362 viewsHerbivore

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 08:37 - Nov 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

Eh? He's on his right foot and it slips from under him, so the outside edge of his foot slides across the grass. His ankle joint has nothing to do with it (other than being attached!) I suggest you watch the clip above; stop it at 0.02 then play and pause in quick succession until 0.03. He goes in for the tackle with his left with the right on the grass, slipping from under him.

Righto.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 09:44 - Nov 5 with 351 viewsPilgrimblue

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 21:54 - Nov 3 by Vic

My first impression is that AD launches himself into the tackle, both feet off the ground. The photo suggests the same.

If the ref saw it that way he has to give a red.

But if you look at the still AD is on the ground before he touches Leadbitter!

I'd like to see what Leadbitter does once the red card is shown! I bet he jumps up and races off. This is what football has come to, cheating!! And the FA etc does nothing, it's ruining the game.
PL needs to get our guys to fall over at slightest touch if thats the only way of winning.
Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 10:50 - Nov 5 with 324 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 08:37 - Nov 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

"Stop it at 0.02 then play and pause in quick succession until 0.03" - that's the whole problem though isn't it, the ref has only seen it in real time and doesn't have the luxury of VAR to slow it down and see what we can see on the replays.
Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 10:59 - Nov 5 with 318 viewsHerbivore

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 10:50 - Nov 5 by Matt_Netherlands

"Stop it at 0.02 then play and pause in quick succession until 0.03" - that's the whole problem though isn't it, the ref has only seen it in real time and doesn't have the luxury of VAR to slow it down and see what we can see on the replays.

Indeed. I don't see how pausing it between the second and the third second is especially helpful. Of course there was a point at which Dozzell was on his feet but there was then a point at which he wasn't.

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 11:16 - Nov 5 with 309 viewsrugbytomc

If the appeal is to be successful, hopefully the panel will see a) Dozzell was pushed and b) he actually got to the ball before Leadbitter - you can see Leadbitter actually kicks him in the leg thinking the ball would be there but it had already gone - after Dozzell made contact.

I CAN SEE why the ref gave a red - because he had himself in a poor position (must have, because he must have missed the push and not seen Dozzell kick the ball first) plus he only gets one look at it. I think it was the wrong decision and hopefully overturned as Dozzell had played every minute or every game until then and him, Bishop, Lankester was looking a decent trio in that game.

Shame you can't retrospectively appeal penalties!

Blog: We Should Encourage the Club and the League to Stream All Games

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 11:26 - Nov 5 with 295 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 10:59 - Nov 5 by Herbivore

Indeed. I don't see how pausing it between the second and the third second is especially helpful. Of course there was a point at which Dozzell was on his feet but there was then a point at which he wasn't.

It enables you to see that he leads with his left leg, not both.

I give up, you're not interested in even looking at the evidence, are clearly just looking for a row and then will accuse me of the same and say have a nice day. So, have a nice day.

Login to get fewer ads

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 11:30 - Nov 5 with 291 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 10:50 - Nov 5 by Matt_Netherlands

The ref sees it at a totally different angle anyway. Nothing we can do about that, we can only go on what the footage shows. My only point is that people are saying he dives in with both feet raised. From the evidence we have, the iFollow footage, that's not the case. His left foot clearly shoots out towards the shin of the Sunderland player, while the right foot is on the ground.

In short, from the footage we have access to it's not a two-footed challenge.

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 11:31 - Nov 5 with 289 viewsHerbivore

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 11:26 - Nov 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

It enables you to see that he leads with his left leg, not both.

I give up, you're not interested in even looking at the evidence, are clearly just looking for a row and then will accuse me of the same and say have a nice day. So, have a nice day.

So there's a millisecond where he's leading with his left and his right foot is still planted? I'm not sure how that really changes anything. The ref isn't viewing it millisecond by millisecond, he gets one look and watching it through in real time it looks like he goes in with both feet. I'm not looking for an argument, but you are trying to tell me to disbelieve the evidence of my own eyes and not for the first time. I'm tired of your gaslighting if I'm honest. I'd rather you just accept that we disagree.

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 11:36 - Nov 5 with 284 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 11:31 - Nov 5 by Herbivore

So there's a millisecond where he's leading with his left and his right foot is still planted? I'm not sure how that really changes anything. The ref isn't viewing it millisecond by millisecond, he gets one look and watching it through in real time it looks like he goes in with both feet. I'm not looking for an argument, but you are trying to tell me to disbelieve the evidence of my own eyes and not for the first time. I'm tired of your gaslighting if I'm honest. I'd rather you just accept that we disagree.

I already said several posts ago 'let's agree to disagree' but you've decided to keep it going.

I didn't see it as a two-footed challenge when it happened in real time either - I'm not sure anyone did; fans, commentators or players, as everyone was utterly stunned by the decision. Except you, apparently.

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 11:40 - Nov 5 with 276 viewsHerbivore

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 11:36 - Nov 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

I already said several posts ago 'let's agree to disagree' but you've decided to keep it going.

I didn't see it as a two-footed challenge when it happened in real time either - I'm not sure anyone did; fans, commentators or players, as everyone was utterly stunned by the decision. Except you, apparently.

Except me and a number of other people on this thread. There you go with your gaslighting again. And it was you who responded to me replying to another poster, not me "carrying on". More gaslighting. Maybe next time you take a break stay away for long enough to reflect on your online behaviour.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2020 11:49]

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 11:55 - Nov 5 with 266 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 11:40 - Nov 5 by Herbivore

Except me and a number of other people on this thread. There you go with your gaslighting again. And it was you who responded to me replying to another poster, not me "carrying on". More gaslighting. Maybe next time you take a break stay away for long enough to reflect on your online behaviour.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2020 11:49]

No, it's you doing the gaslighting. My online behaviour has been absolutely fine since I've returned and I'm not going to be dragged back to my old ways by you.

After I posted let's agree to disagree, I then replied to another poster and you replied to me again on the same subject. So it was definitely YOU carrying it on after I said let's agree to disagree. It's all there at the bottom of page 2.
So who needs to do the reflecting?

There's maybe 2 other people who think he went in with both feet raised. Everyone else is up in arms about the decision. Even the club are officially contesting it. If he made a two-footed challenge they wouldn't be bothering.

The funny thing is, you said earlier you didn't think it was a red. Now you're saying, and I quote "watching it through in real time it looks like he goes in with both feet." If that's the case then it's a red. Dangerous play if you go in with both feet. But you said earlier it's not a red!

Looks like you've been hoisted by your own petard.

(I'm expecting a glib comment now instead of actually answering these points)

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 11:59 - Nov 5 with 261 viewsHerbivore

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 11:55 - Nov 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

No, it's you doing the gaslighting. My online behaviour has been absolutely fine since I've returned and I'm not going to be dragged back to my old ways by you.

After I posted let's agree to disagree, I then replied to another poster and you replied to me again on the same subject. So it was definitely YOU carrying it on after I said let's agree to disagree. It's all there at the bottom of page 2.
So who needs to do the reflecting?

There's maybe 2 other people who think he went in with both feet raised. Everyone else is up in arms about the decision. Even the club are officially contesting it. If he made a two-footed challenge they wouldn't be bothering.

The funny thing is, you said earlier you didn't think it was a red. Now you're saying, and I quote "watching it through in real time it looks like he goes in with both feet." If that's the case then it's a red. Dangerous play if you go in with both feet. But you said earlier it's not a red!

Looks like you've been hoisted by your own petard.

(I'm expecting a glib comment now instead of actually answering these points)

You haven't changed a jot, Dollers. Shame.

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 12:00 - Nov 5 with 258 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Andre challenge looks high from this angle... on 11:59 - Nov 5 by Herbivore

You haven't changed a jot, Dollers. Shame.

BINGO!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024