Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... 12:08 - May 18 with 4859 viewsBLUEBEAT

Is this the beginning of the end in regards to the Adidas connection?

I hope not.

Last thing I want is another Punch-like range. Cringe.

Poll: W or W

This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 16:01 - May 18 with 1281 viewsTractorgirlforever

This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 15:10 - May 18 by BLUEBEAT

I care about Adidas.

It’s a cult label.

I collect Trefoil and Spezial ranges.

The brand is associated with ITFC’s greatest years.

I agree, the 81 shirt is iconic, never to be forgotten.
This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 16:06 - May 18 with 1266 viewsnorfsufblue

This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 15:42 - May 18 by The_Last_Baron

We had three great home kits under Punch. 1997-99, 1999-2001 and 2003-05.

There were also a plethora of fine away kits, the black/cream stripes, orange/navy, white/black 2000-02.

Adidas is solid, still one year to go on the current deal.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 15:45]

The 99-01 kit would be my favourite along with the iconic Adidas pinstripe though any shirt which is linked to a successful team i tend to have a soft spot for... one I did like was around 72 which was all blue with a v neck except the white collar , I always picture Trevor Whymark in it?
This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 16:07 - May 18 with 1265 viewsWallingford_Boy

This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 15:50 - May 18 by MattinLondon

Speaking personally, I much prefer the kits made by Punch than any of the lazy efforts by Adidas.

Saying that it’s down to the club to pick the right template so maybe they’ve just picked the most drab option.

Stick with adidas but just go back to the pinstripes.

Oh my....

RIP Sir Bobby

This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 16:47 - May 18 with 1230 viewspablo_canooga

That Kit Factor chap has produced a few kits with Hope & Glory @hgsportswear. Stuff looks pretty decent. British based, make kits using recycled plastics as well. Big brands have the pull tho sadly.
This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 17:49 - May 18 with 1177 viewsWD19

This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 12:58 - May 18 by TieDyedIn95

I am sorry but in terms of aesthetic and being unique the Punch range trumps the standard adidas templates we have had by a country mile. Punch created an identify for Ipswich Town, which we lost when we switched to Mitre and even more so now it's Adidas.

And as if by magic, a mint 1992 kit landed on my doormat from my mum today. I was complaining on the phone to her that she had probably chucked it out and she has found it.
This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 17:53 - May 18 with 1175 viewsstonojnr

This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 16:06 - May 18 by norfsufblue

The 99-01 kit would be my favourite along with the iconic Adidas pinstripe though any shirt which is linked to a successful team i tend to have a soft spot for... one I did like was around 72 which was all blue with a v neck except the white collar , I always picture Trevor Whymark in it?

yep I figured even the cloud away kit might have got some love from fans if the team had got promotion, now it will just be that kit that looks abit like some of the teams in the Euros wear.

the Athleisure range looks ok to me, think of it as the same as the training kit except without the adidas branding, its stuff you wear at the gym, or when exercising, make a good cycling top too I reckon.
This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 17:56 - May 18 with 1166 viewsMattinLondon

This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 12:20 - May 18 by JackSted

who even buys this stuff?

Stick the Adidas sign on it and a lot of people will buy it.
This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 19:52 - May 18 with 1094 viewsMisterBlue

I care about Adidas.

It’s a cult label.

and is now also associated with our worst ever!
Login to get fewer ads

This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 20:03 - May 18 with 1077 viewsMetal_Hacker

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Thinking the kit would’ve been sorted and confirmed way before the takeover

Poll: If it were one or the other

This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 20:20 - May 18 with 1052 viewsMattinLondon

This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 20:03 - May 18 by Metal_Hacker

Thinking the kit would’ve been sorted and confirmed way before the takeover

Pretty sure that when a new kit is launched clubs sign off the kit for the next season.
This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 21:12 - May 18 with 1030 viewsWicklowBlue

I am sorry but in terms of aesthetic and being unique the Punch range trumps the standard adidas templates we have had by a country mile. Punch created an identify for Ipswich Town, which we lost when we switched to Mitre and even more so now it's Adidas.

Loved the simplicity of the 2001 shirt, plus it was the first time I realised I could order ITFC shirts over here in Ireland. An ex bought it for me as a birthday pressie, always brings back great memories! (ITFC wise not the ex )

I agree with what others said in that the Punch kit is heavy, but the 2013 Mitre shirt is horrible quality wise. Going out on a limb from my tiny collection, my Fav is the 2015 pin stripped effort. This season's home kit is pretty special too and growing on me.

Was it the 05 kit which was designed by a supporter? Had that one as well until it went missing due to an acrimonious break up.

Personally my fav that I wish I had, is the 92 shirt with the laces, that EPL inaugural year, TWTD's!

This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 22:32 - May 18 with 980 viewsSuperCoops

I wouldn't think it would matter once iota and even come into their conscious thinking to have both clubs with the same manufacturer etc.

Both clubs are separate entities and separate deals & sponsorship arrangements.
This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 01:29 - May 19 with 932 viewsBLUEBEAT

This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 22:32 - May 18 by SuperCoops

I wouldn't think it would matter once iota and even come into their conscious thinking to have both clubs with the same manufacturer etc.

Both clubs are separate entities and separate deals & sponsorship arrangements.

I think it would matter as Adidas would no doubt angle for a space in the club shops to sell merch of the other. Like they do with other linked clubs.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have a bit of Phoenix Rising at ITFC? If only in name!

Poll: W or W

This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 08:59 - May 19 with 845 viewshype313

The 86 vintage is my favorite, partly due to the fact it was when I first started going and my first shirt, but I just love the simplicity of it, the rest all following on are meh, bar the white away shirt in 92.
[Post edited 19 May 2021 8:59]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 10:44 - May 19 with 820 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Depends more on Adidas than us. They've dumped clubs before due to them doing poorly. When the last contract was signed around 2017/18 we were a m id table Championship club with aspirations of making the play-offs. Now we're a mid table League One side with a massive clear out in operation. I feel that this could be the final year of Adidas coming up.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 12:59 - May 19 with 777 viewsJ2BLUE

I care about Adidas.

It’s a cult label.

Fair enough. When they came in though it was met wit a lot of excitement and that soon turned to people being annoyed with template kits.

What does this mean? I know what the two things are but what exactly do you collect?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 13:23 - May 19 with 760 viewsEnigma_Blue

This ITFC ‘Athleisure’ range... on 14:57 - May 18 by hoppy

I’d say they were equals on that front, to be honest.

Possibly controversial, but I’d put the Umbro one with laces not far behind those 2.

Completely agree. For me they are two of the worst 3 kits in our history.

1. 01 shirt, wrong shade of blue(far to light) plain as hell and the TXU energi sponsor looks sh*te.

2 95 shirt. A tie dyed monstrosity.

3. 92 shirt. The laces on the massive winged collar and the shield around the badge just looks naff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024