Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whilst I agree that his uncle Tony is indeed mad 18:54 - Jul 15 with 3516 viewsartsbossbeard

He's not better than his dad.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Whilst I agree that his uncle Tony is indeed mad on 19:50 - Jul 15 with 3400 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Funnily enough his Dad agrees.

Poll: Best Football Song

Whilst I agree that his uncle Tony is indeed mad on 21:02 - Jul 15 with 3290 viewsitfcjoe

I can't say I saw Jason's prime, but Andre is something special. Hopefully he can show it when he plays this year as struggled last year

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Whilst I agree that his uncle Tony is indeed mad on 21:12 - Jul 15 with 3250 viewsPJH

Whilst I agree that his uncle Tony is indeed mad on 21:02 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

I can't say I saw Jason's prime, but Andre is something special. Hopefully he can show it when he plays this year as struggled last year

If Andre becomes as good as Jason was he will be a very good player.
The obvious thing that Andre lacked last season was the ability to physically compete at Championship level.
He needs to be in a side that is playing well but if he is not in the side if/when they are playing well then how does he get into it?
He looked out of his depth in a struggling side but that was understandable.
Whilst I agree that his uncle Tony is indeed mad on 21:36 - Jul 15 with 3171 viewsblueislander

I thought this was about the Nadal familt . Uncle Tony's brother was a real axeman for Barcelona ar centre back.
Whilst I agree that his uncle Tony is indeed mad on 21:42 - Jul 15 with 3156 viewsSteve_M

Whilst I agree that his uncle Tony is indeed mad on 21:12 - Jul 15 by PJH

If Andre becomes as good as Jason was he will be a very good player.
The obvious thing that Andre lacked last season was the ability to physically compete at Championship level.
He needs to be in a side that is playing well but if he is not in the side if/when they are playing well then how does he get into it?
He looked out of his depth in a struggling side but that was understandable.

The shining exception was the Bristol City game where he came on when the game was stretched and looked class.

We shouldn't forget how physical this league is though, and that isn't McCarthy's fault.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Whilst I agree that his uncle Tony is indeed mad on 21:46 - Jul 15 with 3127 viewsPJH

Whilst I agree that his uncle Tony is indeed mad on 21:42 - Jul 15 by Steve_M

The shining exception was the Bristol City game where he came on when the game was stretched and looked class.

We shouldn't forget how physical this league is though, and that isn't McCarthy's fault.

He did look good in that game but in contrast to that he looked very poor (in my opinion) at Huddersfield and was rightly (in my opinion) subbed at halftime.
Almost everyone was poor at Huddersfield but it did emphasize to me that, at the moment at least, he needs to be in a side playing well to shine.
Whilst I agree that his uncle Tony is indeed mad on 22:57 - Jul 15 with 2986 viewsRocky

I think too much is made of physicality in this league. There have been tiny/ wafer-thin footballers playing at the highest level for many years - often when pitches were poorer and tackles were more robust. Muhren and Gates spring to mind, just to mention a couple.Messi in recent times isn't built like a brick outhouse. What would have helped Andre as much as anything else last season is if we had a team with a passing ethic, that played through the midfield, that had players always available to receive the ball.
The way we set up to play it is little wonder that he struggled.
Whilst I agree that his uncle Tony is indeed mad on 22:59 - Jul 15 with 2978 viewsxrayspecs

Watched Jason play for Town as a youngster (even played against him at U13/U14 level when he was with Langham Lions. At 13, he was 6 foot plus, his manager had to bring ID to games to prove his age. He was big for his age in a way that Andre is not yet).

The other thing to bear in mind is how much faster and physical the game is today than it was in the mid 80s.

Not sure it is fair to compare them directly as we are comparing apples and pears. Andre will physically develop, it may just take a bit longer than his dad.
Login to get fewer ads

Whilst I agree that his uncle Tony is indeed mad on 12:01 - Jul 16 with 2606 viewsBluebell

Does Uncle Tony still go to games?

He used to sit along from us in the SBR Lower but haven't seen him for a few years. Was he banned?
Whilst I agree that his uncle Tony is indeed mad on 12:13 - Jul 16 with 2569 viewsDyland

Whilst I agree that his uncle Tony is indeed mad on 22:57 - Jul 15 by Rocky

I think too much is made of physicality in this league. There have been tiny/ wafer-thin footballers playing at the highest level for many years - often when pitches were poorer and tackles were more robust. Muhren and Gates spring to mind, just to mention a couple.Messi in recent times isn't built like a brick outhouse. What would have helped Andre as much as anything else last season is if we had a team with a passing ethic, that played through the midfield, that had players always available to receive the ball.
The way we set up to play it is little wonder that he struggled.

You say too much is made of physicality in this league, and then talk exclusively about different leagues and eras. Ask Jason's opinion on the matter.

I agree in some part with your last point. More about a struggling side generally though, not simply the way we are set up.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024