Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THE STATE OF THIS FOOTBALL CLUB 13:33 - Jan 1 with 507 viewsthebooks

17 wins in 63? Relegation? No promotion?

Here’s a 3 year contract extension.

Sums us up: no ambition, no plan, clueless.
THE STATE OF THIS FOOTBALL CLUB on 13:38 - Jan 1 with 462 viewsjas0999

... and folk wonder why we are in our current predicament. The owner of the football club is incompetent at best. Baffling decision.
THE STATE OF THIS FOOTBALL CLUB on 13:41 - Jan 1 with 433 viewsBobbychase

The opposite. It suggests the owner and the manager have a plan and have decided to stick to it. I'd prefer that to more change tbh.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

THE STATE OF THIS FOOTBALL CLUB on 14:09 - Jan 1 with 343 viewsthebooks

THE STATE OF THIS FOOTBALL CLUB on 13:38 - Jan 1 by jas0999

... and folk wonder why we are in our current predicament. The owner of the football club is incompetent at best. Baffling decision.

I can only think PL threatened to walk after the Gillingham game. If that’s the case, it is breathtakingly weak to reward him with a better contract.

I would also hope there are various release clauses, especially if we’re not promoted this year, if we come straight back down etc.

Either way, sums us up. No direction, drifting along, rewarding failure.
THE STATE OF THIS FOOTBALL CLUB on 14:10 - Jan 1 with 331 viewsITFC_96

THE STATE OF THIS FOOTBALL CLUB on 13:41 - Jan 1 by Bobbychase

The opposite. It suggests the owner and the manager have a plan and have decided to stick to it. I'd prefer that to more change tbh.

The plan that is to play people who consistently underperform and yet still change tactics all the time?
THE STATE OF THIS FOOTBALL CLUB on 14:11 - Jan 1 with 314 viewsthebooks

I actually like Lambert, but there is zero evidence of a plan. No shape, no recognisable style, no settled team.

It’s simply ME not wanting to find another manager and PL holding him to ransom.
THE STATE OF THIS FOOTBALL CLUB on 14:12 - Jan 1 with 306 viewsTractorWood

He was hinting at walking away on Boxing day. The timing is bizarre, the length of contract is bizarre.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024