Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Saturday 18:38 - Dec 12 with 3211 viewsgtsb1966

I fear a humiliation against P'boro. If they get an early goal it could be cricket score.
Next Saturday on 19:05 - Dec 12 with 3141 viewsstrikalite

Said exactly this about an hour ago to a mate who saw PBoro rip Rochdale apart, creating chances at ease he said...

My prediction is that they'll stick four past us, but that will be Lamberts last game..
Next Saturday on 19:26 - Dec 12 with 3088 viewsswede

It can't get worse than the 7-1 can it......?
Next Saturday on 19:30 - Dec 12 with 3052 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Next Saturday on 19:05 - Dec 12 by strikalite

Said exactly this about an hour ago to a mate who saw PBoro rip Rochdale apart, creating chances at ease he said...

My prediction is that they'll stick four past us, but that will be Lamberts last game..

Agree. I'm going for 4-0 to the Posh. Wouldn't be surprised if it was six.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Next Saturday on 19:33 - Dec 12 with 3037 viewshadleighboyblue

I'd take a defeat next week if it meant a change of manager
Next Saturday on 19:34 - Dec 12 with 3025 viewsPlums

Next Saturday on 19:30 - Dec 12 by The_Last_Baron

Agree. I'm going for 4-0 to the Posh. Wouldn't be surprised if it was six.

If ever there was a measure of how far we have fallen it’s our own fans predicting 4-0 home defeats against Peterborough and no one being surprised!
We are well and truly through the bottom of the barrel.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Next Saturday on 19:43 - Dec 12 with 2987 viewsbrogansnose

Next Saturday on 19:34 - Dec 12 by Plums

If ever there was a measure of how far we have fallen it’s our own fans predicting 4-0 home defeats against Peterborough and no one being surprised!
We are well and truly through the bottom of the barrel.

We are in some messed up alternative universe where- forget about Norwich - Luton and P'boro are higher ranked than us.

Thanks Marcus.
Next Saturday on 19:44 - Dec 12 with 2965 viewsFrimleyBlue

The way they develop strikers it'll be at least 5-6 at half time

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Next Saturday on 19:46 - Dec 12 with 2952 viewsfooters

Easiest bet you'll make all year.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Next Saturday on 19:47 - Dec 12 with 2945 viewsTheBoyBlue

Incredible how certain I am that we won't get anything from these teams. There is absolutely no way short of Peterborough ending up with seven on the pitch that we will get anything at all from next Saturday's game and I think you're spot on. It could be a hammering. Staggering that we are so far off even teams like this. Well done Marcus Evans.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Next Saturday on 19:53 - Dec 12 with 2907 viewssolemio

Next Saturday on 19:43 - Dec 12 by brogansnose

We are in some messed up alternative universe where- forget about Norwich - Luton and P'boro are higher ranked than us.

Thanks Marcus.

In fairness Luton have been a top division team and played in the FA Cup Final when all clubs took it seriously.
Next Saturday on 19:59 - Dec 12 with 2870 viewsBeckets

If the players get wind that a heavy defeat would mean the end for Lambert I’d go 6-0 Peterborough.
Next Saturday on 21:39 - Dec 12 with 2665 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Next Saturday on 19:43 - Dec 12 by brogansnose

Thanks Marcus.

Not only are they ahead of us, they would all batter us by at least four goals.

Next Saturday on 21:40 - Dec 12 with 2661 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Next Saturday on 19:53 - Dec 12 by solemio

In fairness Luton have been a top division team and played in the FA Cup Final when all clubs took it seriously.

It was 1959 though.

Next Saturday on 21:49 - Dec 12 with 2629 viewsChurchman

The lads will ‘put in a shift’ and hold mighty Peterborough to a backs to the wall 2-0. I’m optimistic.
Next Saturday on 21:52 - Dec 12 with 2604 viewslazyblue

Next Saturday on 19:33 - Dec 12 by hadleighboyblue

I'd take a defeat next week if it meant a change of manager

But it won’t so hope for a bloody win
Next Saturday on 00:21 - Dec 13 with 2473 viewsSuffolkPOSH

Posh have been in poor form lately so today's 4-1 win against Rochdale was a bit of a surprise. Before today I was thinking the Posh vs Ispwich game was going to be a case of the lesser poor team wins. Interestingly Poshs social media, in the last few weeks, has resembled TWTD with calls for the manager to be sacked, criticism of the teams commitment and the slating of the forwards. Yes, Posh fans have been very critical of JCH even though he has scored 11 in 17, stating he's not good enough. Another player who has been heavily criticised has been Szmodics, but not as bad as Judge :) & he was actually dropped today.

Posh have been very inconsistent lately and the key for them is how Dembele plays. If he turns up I would be confident of a Posh winn, if he doesn't I can see a boring 0-0. Living in Ipswich I would love to see Ipswich do well as I miss going to watch football but tbh the few times I have been to a game I have been hugely disappointed with the negative style of play and by all accounts on here it has got even worse under PL.

The question is do I get ifollow because the way both teams have played lately I m not confident it;s going to be a very watchable game. That & I hear ifollow is pants.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 5:57]
Next Saturday on 00:49 - Dec 13 with 2436 viewsChrisd

Next Saturday on 19:53 - Dec 12 by solemio

Did you mean League Cup finals? Played Arsenal in ‘88 and won, then the following year they lost to Nottingham Forest. To be fair, I think they made a couple of FA Cup semi finals in the 80s, I’m sure they lost to Everton in ‘84 and then lost to Wimbledon in ‘88, but could be wrong.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Next Saturday on 02:00 - Dec 13 with 2393 viewshaynes_toe1

I actually think we might get something despite having an absolute waster for a manager. Today will have hurt the players and sometimes professional personal pride can have a big impact.
Next Saturday on 09:07 - Dec 13 with 2097 viewsNBVJohn

Next Saturday on 02:00 - Dec 13 by haynes_toe1

I actually think we might get something despite having an absolute waster for a manager. Today will have hurt the players and sometimes professional personal pride can have a big impact.

I’m sure that one of the players will be sent out to trot out the usual ‘we’re all hurting’ horsesh!t to the media, but professional pride; this squad? This manager? This owner and LON?

I can’t see it. Sorry.
Next Saturday on 10:55 - Dec 13 with 1942 viewsPinewoodblue

Next Saturday on 21:40 - Dec 12 by The_Last_Baron

It was 1959 though.

Most Toen fans were pleased Luton made the final, they beat Norwich, after a replay, in the semi.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Next Saturday on 11:24 - Dec 13 with 1884 viewsstrikalite

Next Saturday on 00:21 - Dec 13 by SuffolkPOSH

Posh have been in poor form lately so today's 4-1 win against Rochdale was a bit of a surprise. Before today I was thinking the Posh vs Ispwich game was going to be a case of the lesser poor team wins. Interestingly Poshs social media, in the last few weeks, has resembled TWTD with calls for the manager to be sacked, criticism of the teams commitment and the slating of the forwards. Yes, Posh fans have been very critical of JCH even though he has scored 11 in 17, stating he's not good enough. Another player who has been heavily criticised has been Szmodics, but not as bad as Judge :) & he was actually dropped today.

Posh have been very inconsistent lately and the key for them is how Dembele plays. If he turns up I would be confident of a Posh winn, if he doesn't I can see a boring 0-0. Living in Ipswich I would love to see Ipswich do well as I miss going to watch football but tbh the few times I have been to a game I have been hugely disappointed with the negative style of play and by all accounts on here it has got even worse under PL.

The question is do I get ifollow because the way both teams have played lately I m not confident it;s going to be a very watchable game. That & I hear ifollow is pants.

Your fans here(live in Woodston)don't realize how lucky they are in having proper football men running the Club(DM. Fry, Fergie - who knows his stuff)but at the same time trying to balance the books, they have such a good eye for a player, I could give many examples over the years, we all could, it's hard to keep doing that season after season and still remain competitive on gates with a core of around 5 thousand....

Would like to see a simple stat on how many times in the last five years(we could make that 10!)have Posh scored more than two goals at home per game, as opposed to how many times we have...it's a simplistic telling stat in heading in the right direction to win football matches..
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 11:25]
Next Saturday on 12:19 - Dec 13 with 1826 viewsLankHenners

Next Saturday on 00:21 - Dec 13 by SuffolkPOSH

All you have to do is turn up half awake and set up relatively organised and you'll win comfortably.

We're not very good.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024