Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Time has come to Act 14:44 - Jan 11 with 272 viewsPortman_Pie

It's got to be done Marcus. It's a seeming tradition for Ipswich to give their managers plenty of time - even in adversity - even this Ipswich 'Tradition' is becoming way too predictable / boring to me now. Lamberts time is up. It's not a gentle rumbling going down out there - it's more like a megaphone approach from all corners of the stands now...

As suggested by the South West supporters branch, and i'm not piggy backing onto their statement today - just merely venting my anger following yet another unacceptable performance and result at the weekend. (I've only this afternoon calmed down sadly!). I've reached the point now - where I am seriously considering whether I can continue to follow the goings on of my beloved club - and similar to many feel this to be the lowest point of my supporting them.

Swindon was a chance of an enforced break - to group the players, practice formations, tactics, and inject some passion and determination - and we were served up the content of those 90 odd minutes....

Aside from the strange tactics employed by the manager and personnel selected - there are WAY TOO MANY repetitive signs of Lamberts inability to warrant anything less than moving on. We deployed the 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 formation he has turned out for more or less every minute of every game this season, with no regard for who we are playing. We could be playing any team with any variant of formation in this league - yet it seems that Lambert doesn't need to study their squad, nor predicted line up.

Coupled with the formation he continues to turn out - are the same strange, baffling team selections. Again - similar to last season. We brought in Garbutt - whom Lambert quickly pointed out - wasn't a full back in his eyes. After the more encouraging performances as a wide midfield - he quickly reverted to LB, and his potency diminished. The crazy swapping of GK, again is starting to prevail agin - too - much the same as last season. Both last year, and this year - all of the Keepers in question have been identified and brought in by none other than Lambert - yet between Holy, Norris and Cornell - he has never known who is the settled No.1.

I've never known a successful promotion team to juggle keepers effectively - hence fail to ever identify a team who gets promoted doing anything other than playing the No.1. Another reason why we see this repetition and ultimately what will be failure if we don't act now.

Prior to this season players had seemingly been isolated from the Photo shoot. Dobra, whom had looked like one of the prospects potentially capable of getting you off your seat (when football was in front of a crowd) El Mizouni - glimpses of possible magic too. Both out the picture. Who would have thought Drinnan was ever going to play again - having been out to anyone whom would take him off the squad list - yet now he is our 1st choice striker in Lamberts eyes..? Bizarre....Nsiala - who again, people knew he needed a change of scenery - first choice pick for the first 10 games? In short Lambert - yet again as per last season seems to have little grasp on his preferred line up, and how to pick the players and formation whom work to their strengths.

Chambers - we all know isn't a full back. I actually think he's been OK there this season - but we are in League 1 as opposed to the Championship - where he was deployed unsuccessfully previously. It's just another 'We've been here and done this previously - with no success'.

The persistence to play 1 striker is perhaps the most glaring and frustrating 'Tactic' that Lambert provides. We have 1 striker on our books who is capable of playing - the lone striker role - and that's Norwood - whom through injury has been missing 90% of the season to date.

Last season Lambert stated that he wasn't a huge fan of loanees - and again Bennetts and McGuiness seem to be a shoe in when fit. I appreciate that we've had a terrible injury record - but there is then the opportunity to play a different formation with the personnel left - rather than shoe horn them in into the beloved 4-3-3/ 4-5-1 aren't however people best describe it.

Reading about Sears today - I've always liked Freddy - but would I be too bothered if he did go to Colchester. In short - No, because he is a CF who plays best as part of a 4-4-2 and shoved out on the wing this season just hasn't looked effective, and dare I say it too interested when he has played - but after 4 years of being played out of position - I can forgive him for that. He should be played as part of a 2 CF 4-4-2 for the rest of the season, or sub as a CF to see what he could provide in a direct CF role. Otherwise - let the man go, and score goals as that striker for Col U.

Everyone can clearly see that if we remain with Lambert in charge - in what has to be the most crucial year to gain promotion - that things will be different at PR next season - for the worse. The Salary cap will likely dictate wholesale changes, and probably as most are predicting a long run of League 1 football for probably 5+ years to come at least.

Sorry for the long rant - but for me - it's got to be this week. Get rid of, and lets salvage at least some hope for the possibility of a late run to promotion. I'm at that stage where almost anyone for me would be better than what we currently have - it really is THAT bad.
The Time has come to Act on 14:47 - Jan 11 with 248 viewsMrTown

Yeah.... he isn't going anywhere.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

The Time has come to Act on 14:47 - Jan 11 with 247 viewsJ2BLUE

The fans must unite. We have Blue Action and supporter's clubs making statements. Feels like we have a limited window to organise before full on apathy sets in.

I think we all know how this ends though. Lambert will be sacked in the summer and everyone will return with renewed hope...again.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024