Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby signing James Collins 12:24 - Jul 13 with 2533 viewsclive_baker

from Cardiff. Balls, he'll score goals for sure.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Derby signing James Collins on 12:28 - Jul 13 with 2487 viewsSTYG

Was hoping that one didn't happen.

Cardiff fans had been saying he'd been excellent in pre-season and they'd hope to give him a chance.
Derby signing James Collins on 12:36 - Jul 13 with 2395 viewsJDB23

25 goals the last time he was in league 1 and double figures in the Champ twice. People were very premature in writing Derby off, I think they will be contenders for top 6. You just know the banter era won’t die and we’ll lose to them in the play off semi’s.
Derby signing James Collins on 12:37 - Jul 13 with 2358 viewsWallingford_Boy

Derby signing James Collins on 12:36 - Jul 13 by JDB23

25 goals the last time he was in league 1 and double figures in the Champ twice. People were very premature in writing Derby off, I think they will be contenders for top 6. You just know the banter era won’t die and we’ll lose to them in the play off semi’s.

Who on earth wrote Derby off?

Surely they were nailed on certs for the title?!

Far too big a club for this league (and yes I know that was said about Sunderland).

I'd say its them and the rest....

RIP Sir Bobby

Derby signing James Collins on 12:39 - Jul 13 with 2350 viewsclive_baker

Yeah he scores goals, he's a really good player and very much in his prime years I would say. Annoyingly they got their sh1t together in time, they'll be a force this season.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Derby signing James Collins on 12:42 - Jul 13 with 2283 viewsElderGrizzly

Derby signing James Collins on 12:37 - Jul 13 by Wallingford_Boy

Far too big a club for this league (and yes I know that was said about Sunderland).

They aren't allowed to lose money for 2 years and every signing needs to be approved by the EFL.

Not saying they won't be up there, but they will struggle to walk it as they need to live within their means (for once)
Derby signing James Collins on 12:45 - Jul 13 with 2221 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Looks a very good signing.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Derby signing James Collins on 12:53 - Jul 13 with 2163 viewspointofblue

Derby signing James Collins on 12:42 - Jul 13 by ElderGrizzly

They aren't allowed to lose money for 2 years and every signing needs to be approved by the EFL.

Not saying they won't be up there, but they will struggle to walk it as they need to live within their means (for once)

Doesn’t seem like they’re living within their means at the moment - Wildsmith, Forsyth, Chester, Sherman, Davies, Knight, Hourihane, Barkhuizen, Mendez-Laing, McGoldrick, Collins… they’re putting together a very strong squad who must all be on a decent amount, wage wise.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Derby signing James Collins on 12:55 - Jul 13 with 2126 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Derby signing James Collins on 12:39 - Jul 13 by clive_baker

Yeah he scores goals, he's a really good player and very much in his prime years I would say. Annoyingly they got their sh1t together in time, they'll be a force this season.

Surely he was on MA's dashboard??

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Derby signing James Collins on 12:57 - Jul 13 with 2114 viewsElderGrizzly

Derby signing James Collins on 12:53 - Jul 13 by pointofblue

Doesn’t seem like they’re living within their means at the moment - Wildsmith, Forsyth, Chester, Sherman, Davies, Knight, Hourihane, Barkhuizen, Mendez-Laing, McGoldrick, Collins… they’re putting together a very strong squad who must all be on a decent amount, wage wise.

They had 5 players until that point.

The EFL are auditing them in real-time, so under the terms of exiting administration they are. Of course predicted 27,000 crowds and 20,000 ST holders will help them have a budget bigger than most.
Derby signing James Collins on 13:08 - Jul 13 with 1981 viewspointofblue

Derby signing James Collins on 12:55 - Jul 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Surely he was on MA's dashboard??

Based on finances, if we wanted him surely we would have offered a higher wage than Derby, going by what’s been said about auditing?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Derby signing James Collins on 13:38 - Jul 13 with 1803 viewsVaughan8

So all their transfers have to be approved by the EFL? I didn't know that. At least something is being done to keep them in line.

Seems a decent striker but a lot of his goals have been at a lower level. Did very well at Luton to get them through the leagues. His records seems OK at Cardiff. A striker like this would have been great for us I feel.

However, 31 so hopefully on the decline haha
Derby signing James Collins on 13:50 - Jul 13 with 1717 viewsChurchman

They haven’t bothered with the rules before and they don’t need to now. The EFL won’t touch them whatever they do. They’re just too important a club.

They question will be whether their players can fit together into a team. If so, they’ll be strong.
Derby signing James Collins on 14:10 - Jul 13 with 1585 viewsChondzoresk

Wildsmith was great in “Men in Black”
Derby signing James Collins on 15:18 - Jul 13 with 1414 viewsFrimleyBlue

Derby signing James Collins on 13:08 - Jul 13 by pointofblue

Based on finances, if we wanted him surely we would have offered a higher wage than Derby, going by what’s been said about auditing?

Don't forget tho. We've tried 3 times to get out of this league and failed including 11th with a side of crazy potential for this level..

Derby will be seen as the direct route out of league 1. We are still a risk.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Derby signing James Collins on 17:33 - Jul 13 with 1193 viewsVic

There was a team that pulled together a really good squad before the start of last season. They had loads of players with championship experience. Even had the next Jack Grealish on loan. Wish I could rember who it was and how they did! Something about gelling I think!!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Derby signing James Collins on 17:35 - Jul 13 with 1188 viewsTheBoyBlue

Derby signing James Collins on 12:37 - Jul 13 by Wallingford_Boy

They were an utter mess just a few weeks ago and yet they'll still probably make less hard work of getting out of this division as we have.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2022 22:16]

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Derby signing James Collins on 17:48 - Jul 13 with 1150 viewsipswichtillidie

Probably end up being wrong but I can’t see them being promoted. Think they will struggle and be inconsistent and flatter to deceive. Regardless we have to just concentrate on ourselves anyway and suspect that will be enough this season for us regardless.

Gav

Derby signing James Collins on 18:17 - Jul 13 with 1072 viewsjayessess

Our last pre-takeover turnover was £10.6m, of which about £8.5m came directly from supporters, they'll probably have about 25% on top of that, so maybe a League One turnover of £12.5m or more (about £240k a week) .

I can well see that those 11 would fit within that sort of budget (although I'd be surprised if they could fit many more experience pros).

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024