Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert 17:04 - Jan 1 with 15684 viewsnshearman1

Are we allowed to start criticising Lambert yet? He's said and done a lot of good things, but he's stuck with this defence pretty much throughout until he realised Knudsen was off, not tried any real alternatives or alternative formations, stuck with Gerken, and fiddled about with other positions to no avail. Today he draws attention to himself ranting on the touchline, looks like he panicked in taking off Chalobah, and fails to hold what we had or even build on it. Yes, the squad generally is poor, but this is actually no better than Hurst, there has been no significant improvement under PL after something like 11 games.
Lambert on 17:06 - Jan 1 with 6326 viewssparks

Nonsense.

Until he has opportunity to mould a team, he is working with what he is given, which looks better than it di. Very difficult to identify any specific obvious failings in what he has done.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Lambert on 17:06 - Jan 1 with 6300 viewsAYACCA

nah, he'll get us up next season. time to take a chill pill, feet up and contemplate the universe....
Lambert on 17:07 - Jan 1 with 6248 viewsmrshallisfit

Yes you are right. I mean it is not as if he adequate opportunity to change and improve the car crash of a squad left by Wee Little Gimp Hurst.
Lambert on 17:07 - Jan 1 with 6217 viewsbrazil1982

I hate to say, but i agree a little there. No evidence of new manager bounce at all. Im not becoming anti- Lambert but I would have expected a bit more.
Lambert on 17:08 - Jan 1 with 6193 viewsTractorWood

Fair play to him to stepping into a dire situation. It's undeniable that his results have been disappointing but I don't think you can really judge him until he has a window or two. The collapse today doesn't suggest any of the chest pumping PR around belief is remotely true.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Lambert on 17:09 - Jan 1 with 6133 viewsNoBru

You’re a moron
Lambert on 17:09 - Jan 1 with 6134 viewsgtsb

Give him the tools and he will get us out of league 1 at the first attempt. Whether Evans gives him the tools is another thing. Lambert, in my opinion, cannot be blamed for our impending relegation whatsoever.
Lambert on 17:09 - Jan 1 with 6101 viewsnoggin

Shall we just keep blaming the manager until the club is dead?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert on 17:10 - Jan 1 with 6086 viewsfloridaboy

Are you for real?

Not his fault his captain gave away a stupid penalty!

We currently have two keepers with absolutely no form at all.

Apart from Spence how does Lambert change that back four. Would like to know what is going on regarding Donecian.

He changed left back which was the right thing to do but who replaces Chambers or Pennington
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 17:11]
Lambert on 17:10 - Jan 1 with 6085 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Any manager would’ve struggled with our squad though, so it’s very difficult to judge him at the moment. Most of that squad belong exactly where we’re heading....... league 1.
Lambert on 17:11 - Jan 1 with 6049 viewsbrazil1982

Lambert on 17:09 - Jan 1 by gtsb

Give him the tools and he will get us out of league 1 at the first attempt. Whether Evans gives him the tools is another thing. Lambert, in my opinion, cannot be blamed for our impending relegation whatsoever.

What tools are they? Transfer money? - Who on earth would we attract.
Lambert on 17:14 - Jan 1 with 5949 viewsBlueNode

Lambert on 17:11 - Jan 1 by brazil1982

What tools are they? Transfer money? - Who on earth would we attract.

I'm still waiting for the new manager bounce.... did I miss it?

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

Lambert on 17:15 - Jan 1 with 5949 viewsjas0999

A lot more criticism for Evans I would have thought. Lambert nailed it in his press conference yesterday. The strategy of the club has been poor for too long.

Who appointed Hurst? Who stood by and allowed him to make these changes? Who was more than happy to rake in millions for Webster, Garner & Waghorn?

Hurst has to take a lot of the blame too - but this is with Evans.

PL has had no opportunity to bring in new players until today. No blame on him. I just hope he doesn’t walk away, but think he will if Evans doesn’t back him.
Lambert on 17:16 - Jan 1 with 5888 viewsTractorWood

Lambert on 17:15 - Jan 1 by jas0999

A lot more criticism for Evans I would have thought. Lambert nailed it in his press conference yesterday. The strategy of the club has been poor for too long.

Who appointed Hurst? Who stood by and allowed him to make these changes? Who was more than happy to rake in millions for Webster, Garner & Waghorn?

Hurst has to take a lot of the blame too - but this is with Evans.

PL has had no opportunity to bring in new players until today. No blame on him. I just hope he doesn’t walk away, but think he will if Evans doesn’t back him.

This. It's been coming for years.

Lambert on 17:16 - Jan 1 with 5866 viewsHerbivore

We're better than we were when Hurst was sacked, but we're still nowhere near good enough to stay in this league.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert on 17:18 - Jan 1 with 5821 viewsOxford_Blue

Yes of course you can criticise him but only when it’s fair.

He’s inherited a car crash of a squad, full of players not good enough at this level, and with its morale shot to pieces. Until now he’s had to work with that team.

He has improved morale and performances.

To start suggesting that he is responsible for the current mess is ludicrous and grossly unfair.
Lambert on 17:18 - Jan 1 with 5796 viewsnoggin

Lambert on 17:16 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

We're better than we were when Hurst was sacked, but we're still nowhere near good enough to stay in this league.

And that is not down to Lambert in any way. The players are not good enough. #Hurst

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Lambert on 17:25 - Jan 1 with 5663 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lambert on 17:18 - Jan 1 by Oxford_Blue

Yes of course you can criticise him but only when it’s fair.

He’s inherited a car crash of a squad, full of players not good enough at this level, and with its morale shot to pieces. Until now he’s had to work with that team.

He has improved morale and performances.

To start suggesting that he is responsible for the current mess is ludicrous and grossly unfair.

“He’s improved morale and performances”

And yet results are even worse...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lambert on 17:26 - Jan 1 with 5628 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 17:18 - Jan 1 by noggin

And that is not down to Lambert in any way. The players are not good enough. #Hurst

And the ones that are have had their confidence shot to bits.

Lambert on 17:27 - Jan 1 with 5619 viewsTractorWood

Lambert on 17:25 - Jan 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

“He’s improved morale and performances”

And yet results are even worse...

Just can't put a passable 90 minutes together without multiple calamities. You'd be annoyed if you saw that 3rd goal in a Sunday league game.

Lambert on 17:31 - Jan 1 with 5531 viewsblueislander

Lambert on 17:26 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

And the ones that are have had their confidence shot to bits.

It is difficult to see how the manager can be blamed for the catastrophic defending that lost us this game. The only thing that he can do is change the side. His options are limited. Personally I would like to see Chalobah in the back four, and Woolfenden brought back. Do those who understand football still think that Chambers is indispensable.?
Lambert on 17:33 - Jan 1 with 5504 viewsTrequartista

I genuinely think that had we not sacked Hurst we would now have a few more points than we would by not sacking him. That's not to say Lambert is not going to be the better long-term bet once he gets his own players in, but given the players we have, one man has done better than the other with the same personnel

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Lambert on 17:34 - Jan 1 with 5476 viewsoneoffposter

Had we given the job to someone who was considered a short term solution like a big Sam or a Burley/butcher and the results had been the same most people would be bemoaning the appointment

Lambert talks a good game he seems to be getting support through words not actions

Hurst never got the chance to see the job through and you could argue he would be better equipped to get us out of league one

Starting to think lambert will be style over substance long term - we will see
Lambert on 17:34 - Jan 1 with 5474 viewsjasondozzell

Absolute rubbish. Lambert has been brilliant. Can have no complaints with him. Has lifted heads, boosted morale and got team playing some really good football. He has inherited a mess and an impossible situation. Ridiculous to be criticising him of all people. We have to hope he stays next season as he will get us out of league one.
Lambert on 17:36 - Jan 1 with 5425 viewsHerbivore

Lambert on 17:33 - Jan 1 by Trequartista

I genuinely think that had we not sacked Hurst we would now have a few more points than we would by not sacking him. That's not to say Lambert is not going to be the better long-term bet once he gets his own players in, but given the players we have, one man has done better than the other with the same personnel

Lolz.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024