Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music 11:34 - Oct 15 with 1555 viewsPJH

there are a couple of programmes on SKY Arts on Saturday night.

Two hours of Buddy Holly followed by two hours of Chuck Berry.
For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 11:44 - Oct 15 with 1531 viewsbluewein

If it's the one I'm thinking of, then that Buddy Holly one is excellent viewing...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 12:01 - Oct 15 with 1511 viewsPJH

For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 11:44 - Oct 15 by bluewein

If it's the one I'm thinking of, then that Buddy Holly one is excellent viewing...

The Buddy Holly one is called 'The Music Of Buddy Holly And The crickets'.

The Chuck Berry one is 'Chuck Berry:The King Of Rock N' Roll'
For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 12:16 - Oct 15 with 1490 viewsblueislander

For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 12:01 - Oct 15 by PJH

The Buddy Holly one is called 'The Music Of Buddy Holly And The crickets'.

The Chuck Berry one is 'Chuck Berry:The King Of Rock N' Roll'

Pretty sure I have seen the Buddy Holly one, but not the Chuck Berry. I will have to get that on Catch up.
Ultimate “Look at me” I did see Buddy Holly at the Gaumont on March 12th 1958.
For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 12:25 - Oct 15 with 1483 viewsPJH

For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 12:16 - Oct 15 by blueislander

Pretty sure I have seen the Buddy Holly one, but not the Chuck Berry. I will have to get that on Catch up.
Ultimate “Look at me” I did see Buddy Holly at the Gaumont on March 12th 1958.

The Chuck Berry one is apparently new to SKY Arts.

Thought of messaging you but decided that you would probably spot this thread.

As you know, I saw Chuck Berry in Ipswich 25 years ago.
For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 12:51 - Oct 15 with 1465 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

I wonder if the Rock N Roll radio programme on Radio Suffolk straight after the football on a Saturday night, get's a spike in it's listening figures when ITFC win?

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 13:06 - Oct 15 with 1450 viewsblueislander

For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 12:25 - Oct 15 by PJH

The Chuck Berry one is apparently new to SKY Arts.

Thought of messaging you but decided that you would probably spot this thread.

As you know, I saw Chuck Berry in Ipswich 25 years ago.

Very envious of you seeing Chuck Berry. Did he forget the words of many of the songs? Apparently he regularly did.
Am I right in thinking you also went to The Everly Brothers, Little Richard, Bo Diddley and Rolling Stones show at the Guamont in 1963?
For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 13:11 - Oct 15 with 1443 viewsPJH

For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 13:06 - Oct 15 by blueislander

Very envious of you seeing Chuck Berry. Did he forget the words of many of the songs? Apparently he regularly did.
Am I right in thinking you also went to The Everly Brothers, Little Richard, Bo Diddley and Rolling Stones show at the Guamont in 1963?

I don't remember Chuck Berry forgetting the words to his songs or at least I did not notice if he did.

As I remember it he walked down the centre aisle with his guitar on his back, got up on stage to join a local (I assume) backing group that were already there and just went into his repertoire.He certainly arrived at the venue in a taxi from the railway station because the EADT confirms that.

No, I did not see the concert that you mention but it must have been great to see-I was only 12 then and 1963 was when I started buying singles.
For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 14:20 - Oct 15 with 1414 viewsblueislander

For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 13:11 - Oct 15 by PJH

I don't remember Chuck Berry forgetting the words to his songs or at least I did not notice if he did.

As I remember it he walked down the centre aisle with his guitar on his back, got up on stage to join a local (I assume) backing group that were already there and just went into his repertoire.He certainly arrived at the venue in a taxi from the railway station because the EADT confirms that.

No, I did not see the concert that you mention but it must have been great to see-I was only 12 then and 1963 was when I started buying singles.

The Stones were at the bottom of that bill. Come on had just reached the charts. I recall that they did Not fade away also.Unsurprisingly Little Richard’s set was chaotic.
Login to get fewer ads

For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 14:30 - Oct 15 with 1413 viewsericclacton

Fancy that! I saw Chuck in Newsteads on the Woodbridge Road about a decade back, he was standing in front of me in the Q, he purchased three sausage rolls and a jam doughnut. I said to him hello Chuck what have you been up to, he turned to me and said I've been riding along in my automobile with my baby beside me at the wheel, I said nice one man catch you later.

For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 15:36 - Oct 15 with 1375 viewsblueislander

For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 14:30 - Oct 15 by ericclacton

Fancy that! I saw Chuck in Newsteads on the Woodbridge Road about a decade back, he was standing in front of me in the Q, he purchased three sausage rolls and a jam doughnut. I said to him hello Chuck what have you been up to, he turned to me and said I've been riding along in my automobile with my baby beside me at the wheel, I said nice one man catch you later.

I wonder why they changed the title? It is however one of the best American rock ‘n roll records, and one that gets more plays on my juke box than most. When you saw Chuck he was probably looking for Route 66.
For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 16:35 - Oct 15 with 1348 viewsRadlett_blue

For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 14:30 - Oct 15 by ericclacton

At least he didn't say he'd been playing with his ding-a-ling.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 16:49 - Oct 15 with 1342 viewsBLUEBEAT

Lonnie Donegan gave birth to rock’n’roll

Poll: W or W

For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 17:03 - Oct 15 with 1333 viewsblueislander

For lovers of Rock N' Roll and the birth of rock music on 16:49 - Oct 15 by BLUEBEAT

Lonnie Donegan gave birth to rock’n’roll

In the UK arguably.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024