Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vaguely remember some town games on match of the week 15:19 - Oct 27 with 1155 viewsFtnfwest

During season 72-73 but then watched the Sunderland v Leeds final at the end of that season and remember thinking ‘I have to see my own side do this’. 5 years later they did.
Vaguely remember some town games on match of the week on 15:20 - Oct 27 with 1149 viewsFtnfwest

This was supposed to be on the football bug thread!
Vaguely remember some town games on match of the week on 15:42 - Oct 27 with 1111 viewsgainsboroughblue

Vaguely remember some town games on match of the week on 15:20 - Oct 27 by Ftnfwest

This was supposed to be on the football bug thread!

Maybe your laptop has a bug!

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Vaguely remember some town games on match of the week on 16:02 - Oct 27 with 1099 viewsPJH

I was at Wembley for the 1973 Final (and 1972 and 1974)and of course for 1978.
Vaguely remember some town games on match of the week on 16:50 - Oct 27 with 1059 viewsFtnfwest

Vaguely remember some town games on match of the week on 16:02 - Oct 27 by PJH

I was at Wembley for the 1973 Final (and 1972 and 1974)and of course for 1978.

My dad, god rest his soul, was a bit of a Leeds fan back in the day so remember sitting watching it with him. Oddly no memory of 1974 so must have missed that. Watched every other one between 75 and 1992ish though, including 78 - he took me to quarter and semi but couldn’t go to the final unfortunately
Vaguely remember some town games on match of the week on 17:31 - Oct 27 with 1032 viewscbower

Vaguely remember some town games on match of the week on 16:50 - Oct 27 by Ftnfwest

My dad, god rest his soul, was a bit of a Leeds fan back in the day so remember sitting watching it with him. Oddly no memory of 1974 so must have missed that. Watched every other one between 75 and 1992ish though, including 78 - he took me to quarter and semi but couldn’t go to the final unfortunately

75 was the big cup disappointment. Robbed by a certain Welsh ref. I'm sure we would have beaten Rodney Marsh and Best in the final.

bluescouser

Vaguely remember some town games on match of the week on 17:41 - Oct 27 with 1019 viewsPJH

Vaguely remember some town games on match of the week on 17:31 - Oct 27 by cbower

75 was the big cup disappointment. Robbed by a certain Welsh ref. I'm sure we would have beaten Rodney Marsh and Best in the final.

They were not with Fulham then(they were a year or two later)-Alan Mullery and Bobby Moore were in the Fulham 1975 team.
Vaguely remember some town games on match of the week on 17:43 - Oct 27 with 1014 viewscbower

Vaguely remember some town games on match of the week on 17:41 - Oct 27 by PJH

They were not with Fulham then(they were a year or two later)-Alan Mullery and Bobby Moore were in the Fulham 1975 team.

I stand corrected. Just remember there were a few 'old timers' of legend status playing for them and they were 2nd Division. I was only seven though!

bluescouser

Vaguely remember some town games on match of the week on 17:46 - Oct 27 with 1009 viewsPJH

Vaguely remember some town games on match of the week on 17:43 - Oct 27 by cbower

I stand corrected. Just remember there were a few 'old timers' of legend status playing for them and they were 2nd Division. I was only seven though!

I checked the team before I posted although I knew that Bobby Moore was in that 1975 Fulham team and was sure that Best and Marsh were not.
Login to get fewer ads

Vaguely remember some town games on match of the week on 18:46 - Oct 27 with 961 viewsfactual_blue

Vaguely remember some town games on match of the week on 17:46 - Oct 27 by PJH

I checked the team before I posted although I knew that Bobby Moore was in that 1975 Fulham team and was sure that Best and Marsh were not.

Fulham in that era were much like norwich around the same time - a club where players coming to the end of their career went for a few easy games.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024