Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What minute did you leave on yesterday? 09:41 - Feb 2 with 4387 viewsSitfcB

75th for me when the 4th went it.

First home game I’ve ever left early I think.

I said before HT that if it gets to 4-0 I will leave. Felt weird. But many others joined.

I usually like to stay until FT just to see what the reaction is like at FT.

Had I stayed I wouldn’t have clapped nor booed, just stood.

I bet our wet wipe fans still clapped the players and PRP off.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 11:11 - Feb 2 with 2013 viewsRomeo4

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 10:56 - Feb 2 by textbackup

"I still can’t knock their effort"

explain this in a bit more detail if you could please?

Not sure I really have to explain myself to you, but seeing that you asked so nicely.....

Anyone who’s played the game will know that, whilst vital, effort is not always a guarantee of playing well. It is possible to give it your all and still be beaten either by a better team, poor team selection or by adopting the wrong tactics.

I didn’t feel that the players didn’t try. Just were well beaten due to a combination of the 3 reasons given above.

Is that ok with you?
What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 11:16 - Feb 2 with 2005 viewstextbackup

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 11:11 - Feb 2 by Romeo4

Not sure I really have to explain myself to you, but seeing that you asked so nicely.....

Anyone who’s played the game will know that, whilst vital, effort is not always a guarantee of playing well. It is possible to give it your all and still be beaten either by a better team, poor team selection or by adopting the wrong tactics.

I didn’t feel that the players didn’t try. Just were well beaten due to a combination of the 3 reasons given above.

Is that ok with you?

you make some fair points, but you honestly think they gave it their all? Lambert cant be blamed for Jackson running into, and not around, their CB on every occasion that a ball went through. he didn't have the desire to make them balls.
Wilson could have attacked a ball or two from a set piece with more aggression but instead didn't try to jump, he chucked arms in air because his man was closely marking him.
Judge not being able to lift a ball more than 5foot when crossing etc....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 11:22 - Feb 2 with 1996 viewsBlue_Moses

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 11:11 - Feb 2 by Romeo4

Is that ok with you?

I thought they all pretty much gave in after the second goal but it's a matter lf opinions. Didn't deserve anything from the fans yesterday.
What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 12:25 - Feb 2 with 1963 viewsBrixtonBlue

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 10:39 - Feb 2 by SitfcB

I can tough it out. Have stayed until the end for much worse than that.

Was just sticking to my word.

Why would people clap that? Should just stand in silence. Let the players and PRP applaud them.

They get away with it.

I didn't clap, I did stand in silence. Fair enough if people want to support until the end though. Decent supporters IMO, even if I don't quite agree with them. I certainly wouldn't call them wet wipes. My mate next to me always applauds the players at the end because of his love for the club I guess, and for their efforts. He was still hurting and angry after the game though.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 12:27 - Feb 2 with 1961 viewsBrixtonBlue

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 10:59 - Feb 2 by JDB23

Yeah, our fanbase is so weak. Quiet when doing well, quiet when being taken for mugs.

I didn't clap or boo the players but I let Lambert know how I felt when he came over to the NSL.

Were you one of the pricks at the front giving him the middle finger then? That'll learn him.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 12:29 - Feb 2 with 1951 viewsBrixtonBlue

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 11:02 - Feb 2 by braveblue

The OP said it was the first time he ever left. Do you not think that deserves some thought?

Not really, I don't much care. I was more annoyed at him calling people who actually stayed to try and support the team "wet wipes". You may think differently but that's out of order IMO.

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 12:30 - Feb 2 with 1943 viewsCornishMariner

Left after the fourth goal. Partly because I needed to drop my daughter off at a party but also felt the need for some type of protest after the lack of transfer activity. I think the players do try but they lack a leader and a quality goal-scoring midfielder like Smzodics.

Poll: Between now and the new season will you mostly be ....

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 12:30 - Feb 2 with 1943 viewsBrixtonBlue

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 11:03 - Feb 2 by Ipswich_Crazy

I would NEVER LEAVE EARLY! I'm a true fan! if you had a good reason like family issue or something that's understandable but not just because we are losing badly.

Well said IC. Support is through thick and thin.

Login to get fewer ads

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 12:31 - Feb 2 with 1936 viewsBrixtonBlue

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 11:04 - Feb 2 by JakeITFC

Applauded for what?

Resilience? Mental toughness?

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 12:32 - Feb 2 with 1924 viewsJDB23

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 12:27 - Feb 2 by BrixtonBlue

Were you one of the pricks at the front giving him the middle finger then? That'll learn him.

Nope, I was towards the back. That seems a bit OTT but frustrations were high.
What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 13:44 - Feb 2 with 1869 viewsRomeo4

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 11:16 - Feb 2 by textbackup

you make some fair points, but you honestly think they gave it their all? Lambert cant be blamed for Jackson running into, and not around, their CB on every occasion that a ball went through. he didn't have the desire to make them balls.
Wilson could have attacked a ball or two from a set piece with more aggression but instead didn't try to jump, he chucked arms in air because his man was closely marking him.
Judge not being able to lift a ball more than 5foot when crossing etc....

I’m not suggesting that the players didn’t make mistakes. All your points are valid. I would also add into the mix Norris’s mistake, Skuse and kenlock giving the ball away a number of times in the 2nd half, poor delivery from set pieces, etc, etc.

As disappointing as all of those things were and how completely frustrating yesterday’s performance was, I don’t necessarily put that down to a lack of effort.

In some ways this makes it even more concerning as obviously our flaws are more fundamental. If it was just down to lack of effort that can be more easily remedied.
What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 13:45 - Feb 2 with 1869 viewsBrixtonBlue

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 12:32 - Feb 2 by JDB23

Nope, I was towards the back. That seems a bit OTT but frustrations were high.

How did you "let Lambert know how I felt when he came over to the NSL" then?

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 13:51 - Feb 2 with 1860 viewshype313

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 11:00 - Feb 2 by Blue_Moses

70th. I've left early 4 times in 34 years and this is the most embarrassing display I've seen at home.

You obviously weren't there for the Norwich game then

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 14:03 - Feb 2 with 1844 viewsReuser_is_God

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 13:45 - Feb 2 by BrixtonBlue

How did you "let Lambert know how I felt when he came over to the NSL" then?

I told him to “fck off you Norwich cnt”

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 14:42 - Feb 2 with 1816 viewsTheSelkirk

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 14:03 - Feb 2 by Reuser_is_God

I told him to “fck off you Norwich cnt”

Feel you could have made your feelings clearer ....
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 14:43]
What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 16:25 - Feb 2 with 1776 viewsWarkystache

I left just after the third. Mainly because Tel called me saying he wanted to go and I was getting a lift with him and the wife.

A lot of people left at the same time. Twenty odd thousand and they give us that.....

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 17:12 - Feb 2 with 1745 viewsjas0999

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 21:14 - Feb 2 with 1690 viewsManofSteel

Left as soon as the 4th went in, but had spent most of the time since they scored their 3rd sat down checking my phone. That was the first time I've ever left PR early.

Maverick

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 22:30 - Feb 2 with 1637 viewsMrTown

Left for a few beers after the Norris incident. Returned for second half but should have stayed at the bar.

Stayed until the end unfortunately though.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

What minute did you leave on yesterday? on 22:32 - Feb 2 with 1631 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Didn,t boo, didn,t clap.
Just tut tutted a lot, then popped another Wurthers Original.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024