Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown 21:00 - May 22 with 3380 viewsSteve_M

I wonder what will happen here:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/22/dominic-cummings-durham-trip-co
[Post edited 22 May 2020 21:06]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 21:09 - May 22 with 2832 viewsDubtractor

Not just breaking lockdown, but being a likely carrier of the virus too.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 21:27 - May 22 with 2781 viewsElderGrizzly

The same as happened with Johnson over Acuri.
So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 21:28 - May 22 with 2777 viewsElderGrizzly

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 21:09 - May 22 by Dubtractor

And taking it to his parents?! He is just evil...
So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 21:33 - May 22 with 2753 viewsPlums

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 21:28 - May 22 by ElderGrizzly

His parents will be volunteers - unlike people at service stations en route. No way two ill people with a child drove 260 miles and didn’t stop for a leak.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 21:40 - May 22 with 2736 viewsfactual_blue

boris will be sobbing uncontrollably from now until next PMQs.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 21:44 - May 22 with 2720 viewsElderGrizzly

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 21:33 - May 22 by Plums

His parents will be volunteers - unlike people at service stations en route. No way two ill people with a child drove 260 miles and didn’t stop for a leak.

His elderly parents said, yes please to potentially bringing Coronavirus to their house?

Maybe thats where he gets his stupidity from
So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 21:46 - May 22 with 2718 viewsGuthrum

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 21:27 - May 22 by ElderGrizzly

The same as happened with Johnson over Acuri.

Not sure I want to see that re-enacted by Cummings.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 21:51 - May 22 with 2697 viewsfactual_blue

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 21:46 - May 22 by Guthrum

Not sure I want to see that re-enacted by Cummings.

If the way cummings is looking at boris here is anything to go by, dominic would be quite happy for that to happen

Login to get fewer ads

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 21:58 - May 22 with 2663 viewsPJH

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 21:51 - May 22 by factual_blue

If the way cummings is looking at boris here is anything to go by, dominic would be quite happy for that to happen

He is probably pulling the strings of Pinocchio on his laptop or whatever he has got there.
So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 22:04 - May 22 with 2631 viewsfactual_blue

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 21:09 - May 22 by Dubtractor

I'm appalled by the lack of childcare opportunities in London. Clearly his wife (a commissioning editor at the right-wing rag the spectator) wouldn't be able to work from home.

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 22:08 - May 22 with 2612 viewsfactual_blue

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 21:28 - May 22 by ElderGrizzly

It will have been his in-laws, who live in a castle.

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 22:12 - May 22 with 2588 viewsElderGrizzly

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 22:08 - May 22 by factual_blue

It will have been his in-laws, who live in a castle.

And the BBC News at 10 appear to not have heard of the story...
So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 22:15 - May 22 with 2575 viewsfactual_blue

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 22:12 - May 22 by ElderGrizzly

And the BBC News at 10 appear to not have heard of the story...

It's on the website.

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 22:35 - May 22 with 2511 viewsElderGrizzly

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 22:15 - May 22 by factual_blue

It's on the website.

It is, but surprising the main news broadcast of the day appears to have forgotten.
So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 22:39 - May 22 with 2494 viewsbluelagos

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 22:35 - May 22 by ElderGrizzly

It is, but surprising the main news broadcast of the day appears to have forgotten.

It made it 10 mins in. Almost as if they were adding it as an emerging news story. Headlines on Newsnight and/or morning news will be interesting.

Laura K tweeting what appears to be a message from D.C. is laughable. An independent journalist ffs.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 22:49 - May 22 with 2462 viewsGirthyguy

Will get a pay rise for implementing the Herd Immunity approach.
So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 00:37 - May 23 with 2343 viewsfactual_blue

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 22:39 - May 22 by bluelagos

It made it 10 mins in. Almost as if they were adding it as an emerging news story. Headlines on Newsnight and/or morning news will be interesting.

Laura K tweeting what appears to be a message from D.C. is laughable. An independent journalist ffs.

The newspapers will have broken the story as late as possible to keep it an exclusive. The first editions come out at about 10.00 pm.

Anyway, 'a friend of dom' (ie dom) has said it's fake news from the Guardian.

I'm sure they'll be eagerly waiting for your writ dommers old chap.

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 06:06 - May 23 with 2224 viewsSteve_M

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 22:39 - May 22 by bluelagos

I think a lot of the criticism of Kuenssberg is partisan and over the top but she had an enormous weakness for taking stuff like this at face value, see also Peston. Both can be played far too easily.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 07:02 - May 23 with 2186 viewsBlueBadger

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 06:06 - May 23 by Steve_M

I think a lot of the criticism of Kuenssberg is partisan and over the top but she had an enormous weakness for taking stuff like this at face value, see also Peston. Both can be played far too easily.

Yeah, I personally hold the conviction that Kuessberg isn't so much biased as just not very good at her job, but this really does play into the 'bias' narrative.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 07:15 - May 23 with 2166 viewsitfcjoe

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 06:06 - May 23 by Steve_M

Yep, agree with this. I generally think she is pretty decent but on certain stories, like this one, way too quick to post from an anonymous source (clearly DC) rather than actually use the journalistic integrity to look at the story.

This story was effectively batted away by her as not a breach of lockdown because that is what she was told, when she should have been cross referencing what she was told with the roles not just parroting it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 08:20 - May 23 with 2087 viewsElderGrizzly

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 00:37 - May 23 by factual_blue

The newspapers will have broken the story as late as possible to keep it an exclusive. The first editions come out at about 10.00 pm.

Anyway, 'a friend of dom' (ie dom) has said it's fake news from the Guardian.

I'm sure they'll be eagerly waiting for your writ dommers old chap.

His wife isn’t helping...

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 08:21 - May 23 with 2079 viewsartsbossbeard

When does Prof Ferguson start back at SAGE?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 08:56 - May 23 with 2026 viewsartsbossbeard

Priti Patel yesterday:

“We will not allow a small minority, a reckless minority to endanger us all so there will be penalties for those who break these mandatory measures.”

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 09:12 - May 23 with 1994 viewspointofblue

My concern is if Cummings does resign he’ll still have Johnson’s ear - just the link will be even more hidden that it is now.

As an aside, reading Laura Kuenssberg’s twitter thread I’m not sure what she has done wrong exactly? Quoting what the alleged person, or their PR people, is saying about an accusation is standard journalism. And actually there’s a key line in her Twitter account which people should leap upon “A small number in No 10 knew that Cummings had gone to Durham” - who are they and why didn’t they stop him? I did wonder whether Johnson knew but I think this was during the time he was sick himself. But the issue both Kuenssberg especially but, to an extent, Peston have is they have to Tweet what they’ve heard and learned rather than opinions.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 09:26 - May 23 with 1963 viewsPlums

So, remember when Ferguson had to resign for breaking lockdown on 09:12 - May 23 by pointofblue

My concern is if Cummings does resign he’ll still have Johnson’s ear - just the link will be even more hidden that it is now.

As an aside, reading Laura Kuenssberg’s twitter thread I’m not sure what she has done wrong exactly? Quoting what the alleged person, or their PR people, is saying about an accusation is standard journalism. And actually there’s a key line in her Twitter account which people should leap upon “A small number in No 10 knew that Cummings had gone to Durham” - who are they and why didn’t they stop him? I did wonder whether Johnson knew but I think this was during the time he was sick himself. But the issue both Kuenssberg especially but, to an extent, Peston have is they have to Tweet what they’ve heard and learned rather than opinions.

The BBC used to need three sources before running a story. It would appear that there is now only one (the same) source needed for stories from Downing Street.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024