Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action, it's over to you. 12:26 - Feb 10 with 7665 viewsnoggin

Please do something BIG. I'll happily donate and I'm sure most others would. This can't carry on.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 13:25 - Feb 10 with 1554 viewsWallingford_Boy

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 13:21 - Feb 10 by Metal_Hacker

I think it needs to be something that lands itself national coverage / exposure

I haven't the answer or solution but it seems ( and I have made a couple of contributions ,so am doing my bit) we're just throwing good money after bad

I totally back the concept and love what they do BUT....it really needs some traction now

It needs to be a monumental effort next

Hanging banners and posting flyers and posters around is having no impact at all.Again I haven't the answers and am pleased we've kind of a voice through BA but again , its needs intensifying

Is Portman Road open on match days?

If so, something as simple as driving down there, with a few friends of course, one after the other, horn continously on is a start.

Or drive past the players entrance/Sir Alf Ramsey way, doing the same thing.

With a few leaflets/banners around the players entrance saying "beep if u want change at ITFC".

Just an idea, probably a stupid one.

RIP Sir Bobby

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 13:28 - Feb 10 with 1563 viewsEwan_Oozami

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 13:12 - Feb 10 by Snedders

The red card idea is brilliant. So simple but could be very effective. Every time someone sends one they could post a picture on social media with a hashtag. Hopefully it would be picked up by the national media.

Especially if you tag it with something like: "Even Mike Dean couldn't get this one wrong.."

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 13:33 - Feb 10 with 1552 viewsitfcjoe

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 13:25 - Feb 10 by Wallingford_Boy

Is Portman Road open on match days?

If so, something as simple as driving down there, with a few friends of course, one after the other, horn continously on is a start.

Or drive past the players entrance/Sir Alf Ramsey way, doing the same thing.

With a few leaflets/banners around the players entrance saying "beep if u want change at ITFC".

Just an idea, probably a stupid one.

Block the entrance to the players car park with cars with messages on them, and crowdfund to pay the parking tickets

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 13:37 - Feb 10 with 1531 viewsportmanking

IMO, the only way to make a statement would be to damage the Marcus Evans Group brand in some way. Plastering those Blue Action Evans posters all over his headquarters and taking snapshots of it to the press would start to create unwanted attention I'm sure.
Blue Action, it's over to you. on 13:41 - Feb 10 with 1499 viewsfooters

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 13:37 - Feb 10 by portmanking

IMO, the only way to make a statement would be to damage the Marcus Evans Group brand in some way. Plastering those Blue Action Evans posters all over his headquarters and taking snapshots of it to the press would start to create unwanted attention I'm sure.

Not sure the poor staff responsible for the grounds at MEG would appreciate having to peel loads of stickers off the buildings because we're not very good at football.

Protest is important but don't inconvenience people who aren't involved is my view.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 13:41 - Feb 10 with 1506 viewsStu_Magoo

I have no knowledge of the workings of drones and such things... would someone be able to fly a drone with some sort of sign/board dangled from it, into the ground on match day?

It'd get picked up on iFollow and therefore into the local press. hopefully with it being such a ludicrous thing to do the national news might also run the story?

Without us able to make a load of noise at games (and get attention that way) we need a method of getting negative press to hopefully force the hand of ME?
Blue Action, it's over to you. on 13:41 - Feb 10 with 1498 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Large advert in a national newspaper, or a front page advert in the East Anglian...

Posters all around Town.

Fly an aeroplane with a banner over Portman Road at the next game/over the Marcus Evans HQ

Send thousands of letters to Marcus Evans HQ

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 13:42 - Feb 10 with 1480 viewsCoco

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 13:33 - Feb 10 by itfcjoe

Block the entrance to the players car park with cars with messages on them, and crowdfund to pay the parking tickets

yes it probably needs to be something disruptive like this and not something Lambert can claim he knows nothing about and if we saw what happened up there at Celtic.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 13:45 - Feb 10 with 1457 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 13:12 - Feb 10 by Snedders

The red card idea is brilliant. So simple but could be very effective. Every time someone sends one they could post a picture on social media with a hashtag. Hopefully it would be picked up by the national media.

I think the BA guys liked the idea but from memory I think they felt the time wasn't right (as we thought he was about to get the boot).

It's kind of like a physical petition, so it's a bit more tangible than a regular petition. Would be very cheap and easy to do.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:01 - Feb 10 with 1406 viewsBlueForYou

I think weve got to start considering that some kind of supporters led buy out is the only option. Could Blue Action get really organised & start a process of seeking potential financial investors of our own & actually selling ITFC to them as a positive going forward. If the right ones were attracted then approach Evans with a deal? We have to do something or we wont havea club left soon.
Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:02 - Feb 10 with 1387 viewsfooters

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:01 - Feb 10 by BlueForYou

I think weve got to start considering that some kind of supporters led buy out is the only option. Could Blue Action get really organised & start a process of seeking potential financial investors of our own & actually selling ITFC to them as a positive going forward. If the right ones were attracted then approach Evans with a deal? We have to do something or we wont havea club left soon.

I've got a contact in China, Lu Sum Do. Maybe he'll save us.

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:07 - Feb 10 with 1375 viewsX0Y0

The red card idea was very good.

I think the most memorable protests, and perhaps effective, have been those that lead to moderate and temporary disruption (e.g. tennis balls on the pitch) or have a particularly strong visual impact (e.g. plane overhead).

Is there a way that the red cards could be put up on the outside of the stadium? Could the money paying for them also be paid to the NHS 'to save our dying football club'?
Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:08 - Feb 10 with 1368 viewsX0Y0

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:01 - Feb 10 by BlueForYou

We would be in Division II by then, unfortunately.
Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:11 - Feb 10 with 1360 viewschicoazul

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 12:42 - Feb 10 by Wallingford_Boy

Its obviously difficult at the moment, but I am amazed no-one has carried out any form of protest during a home game.

I am not talking anything as flash as an airplane and banner, but fireworks, cars beeping, leaving signs around ground DURING a match.

I dunno, just thinking out loud.

Cars beeping is quite good. I suggest doing it at Playford Road on a day when we know the first team are there so say two days before a match.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:14 - Feb 10 with 1344 viewschicoazul

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:11 - Feb 10 by chicoazul

Cars beeping is quite good. I suggest doing it at Playford Road on a day when we know the first team are there so say two days before a match.

Everyone (as long as they live within reasonable driving distance) parks up outside the training ground at 930am and honks their horns at the players and staff as they drive in. A perfect socially distanced form of protest.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:15 - Feb 10 with 1328 viewsfooters

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:14 - Feb 10 by chicoazul

Everyone (as long as they live within reasonable driving distance) parks up outside the training ground at 930am and honks their horns at the players and staff as they drive in. A perfect socially distanced form of protest.

With the requisite 'Honk if you're horny' signage, of course.

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:15 - Feb 10 with 1336 viewsnoggin

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:14 - Feb 10 by chicoazul

It's got to be aimed at Evans, not the players.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:15 - Feb 10 with 1335 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:20 - Feb 10 with 1311 viewsistanblue

At this stage I think the only plausible route to go down is to convince fans to boycott the club for the foreseeable future. A big campaign should be established to get fans to not renew season tickets, cancel direct debits, not buy any merch or stuff from Planet Blue, not pay a tenner for iFollow etc. There are no fans present so Evans can ignore any in-person stuff. However, he won't ignore a big hit to his bottom line.
Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:21 - Feb 10 with 1302 viewsSnedders

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 13:45 - Feb 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think the BA guys liked the idea but from memory I think they felt the time wasn't right (as we thought he was about to get the boot).

It's kind of like a physical petition, so it's a bit more tangible than a regular petition. Would be very cheap and easy to do.

It could even be done without BA to be fair. All we need is someone to knock up a printable template and then just print at home and send to the club. Literally just a red card with “Give Lambert the red card” emblazoned on it and then on the flip side the club address with the square for the stamp! I’m sure people wouldn’t mind spending a little bit extra on red ink cartridges!
Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:21 - Feb 10 with 1294 viewsWallingford_Boy

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:15 - Feb 10 by footers

With the requisite 'Honk if you're horny' signage, of course.

ummmmm yeah....

RIP Sir Bobby

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:55 - Feb 10 with 1250 viewsBlueForYou

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:08 - Feb 10 by X0Y0

We would be in Division II by then, unfortunately.

Youre not going to convince Evans to sell up by hanging around the training ground or Portman Rd waving banners & honking horns, or sending him red cards. Any real action will take time.
Blue Action, it's over to you. on 15:00 - Feb 10 with 1234 viewsjeera

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 13:25 - Feb 10 by tractordownsouth

I liked the idea of advertising space for posters in the town centre.

They made some decent posters only a couple of weeks or so back, selling at just a quid.

I dunno why that didn't take off more to those who are in Ipswich itself.

Edit: stupid of me really, it's not hard to think people don't want to risk being fined given the current circumstances.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 15:01]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 15:08 - Feb 10 with 1193 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 14:21 - Feb 10 by Snedders

It could even be done without BA to be fair. All we need is someone to knock up a printable template and then just print at home and send to the club. Literally just a red card with “Give Lambert the red card” emblazoned on it and then on the flip side the club address with the square for the stamp! I’m sure people wouldn’t mind spending a little bit extra on red ink cartridges!

A lot of people don't have printers at home... or indeed ones that print postcards.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Blue Action, it's over to you. on 15:21 - Feb 10 with 1174 viewsclive_baker

Genuine suggestion here, how about we hire a hearse and put the ME logo on the side. We can hire someone to drive it around doing laps of Portman Road. Invite some press to photograph it and pick the story up?

The coffin in the back could be ITFC, 1878 - 2021.

The Driver in a Marcus Evans mask.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024