Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood 11:20 - May 4 with 956 viewscatch74

He’s a bit like Marmite.
Some people seem to like him playing football here.
Some people don’t like him playing football here.
Thought I’d open this up to the forum to discuss.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Norwood on 11:21 - May 4 with 941 viewsfooters

A bit like Marmite? As in very thick?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Norwood on 11:26 - May 4 with 911 viewsHullblue

He's obviously our best striker by miles, but I wonder if it's one of those times where you have to make a tough decision for the good of the club and try and move him on.

I might be wrong, but he doesn't seem professional enough for me, and I don't think that's helpful for the mentality of the dressing room.

At the same time I can see him scoring 20+ in a decent team, so hopefully I'm wrong and he smashes it for us next season.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Norwood on 11:31 - May 4 with 887 viewsSuperblue95

I think there’s a player in there and that with proper coaching, him staying fit and having a half decent team around him he could play a key part in us getting promoted.

Trouble is people are less likely to give him the chance to do so given he’s such a nob and will always think of him as a worse player than he is/was for us because of it.

Think a crapper lower league Chopra

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Norwood on 11:40 - May 4 with 850 viewsPinewoodblue

Norwood on 11:26 - May 4 by Hullblue

He's obviously our best striker by miles, but I wonder if it's one of those times where you have to make a tough decision for the good of the club and try and move him on.

I might be wrong, but he doesn't seem professional enough for me, and I don't think that's helpful for the mentality of the dressing room.

At the same time I can see him scoring 20+ in a decent team, so hopefully I'm wrong and he smashes it for us next season.

How many times this season has he lasted the full 90 minutes, probably no more than 3. If Norwood is the answer it is a stupid question.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Norwood on 12:43 - May 4 with 762 viewsBlueBadger

Norwood on 11:26 - May 4 by Hullblue

He's definitely one that if Mick inherited him would go one of two ways - he'd shape up and turn into an absolute asset or he'd just continue with the Epic Bantz and end up playing 7 games a season in the Conference North.
[Post edited 4 May 2021 13:00]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Norwood on 12:47 - May 4 with 755 viewshype313

Norwood on 12:43 - May 4 by BlueBadger

He's definitely one that if Mick inherited him would go one of two ways - he'd shape up and turn into an absolute asset or he'd just continue with the Epic Bantz and end up playing 7 games a season in the Conference North.

I'd go with the latter, doubt Mick would think much of the 'Bantz' he'd probably say 'He's a card' and swiftly send him on his way back to Eastbourne borough.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Norwood on 13:12 - May 4 with 712 viewsBlueBadger

Norwood on 11:21 - May 4 by footers

A bit like Marmite? As in very thick?

Only people with no imagination or taste like it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Norwood on 13:39 - May 4 with 654 viewsHullblue

Norwood on 12:43 - May 4 by BlueBadger

Interesting you say that because I was reading an article about David McGoldrick last night in which he admitted he didn't always work as hard as he should have done at Forest. With us I thought he always worked his nuts off, so maybe that was the Mick effect.

With Cook and JN it could still go either way - I thought JN's interview after the game on Saturday was quite encouraging. Sounded like he is taking his football seriously, at least - but we'll see in the summer whether that was just fluff or not.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood on 13:46 - May 4 with 628 viewsBlueBadger

Norwood on 13:39 - May 4 by Hullblue

Interesting you say that because I was reading an article about David McGoldrick last night in which he admitted he didn't always work as hard as he should have done at Forest. With us I thought he always worked his nuts off, so maybe that was the Mick effect.

With Cook and JN it could still go either way - I thought JN's interview after the game on Saturday was quite encouraging. Sounded like he is taking his football seriously, at least - but we'll see in the summer whether that was just fluff or not.

It's probably worth pointing out that Norwood isn't *quite* as much of an irredeemable dickhead as Bullard, Chopra or Taylor but endless 'hilarious' bantz when you're constantly unfit really doesn't help.

Norwood on 13:56 - May 4 with 603 viewsrickw

He's our best striker, he's a character which as lots at the club said when we signed him was needed at the club.
Lets hope with the new director of performance and maybe more emphasis on conditioning he'll be the player we all hoped he would be when we signed him.

Personally I hope he brings back some interesting goal gifs too - that brought some global positive attention to the club.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Norwood on 16:16 - May 4 with 499 viewsFather_Jack

Norwood on 11:40 - May 4 by Pinewoodblue

How many times this season has he lasted the full 90 minutes, probably no more than 3. If Norwood is the answer it is a stupid question.

I happen to think "Which suburb of South London has a West, but not an East?" a particularly good question.

Less is more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024