Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it time to rewrite the order of our best managers? 10:59 - Aug 11 with 6650 viewsBluefish

Traditionally it went something like

Sir Bob
Sir Alf
Burley
Lyall
McCarthy
Royle
Duncan
Jewell
Hurst
keane
Lambert

A few skipped out that you can add as you see fit

The modern fans seems more interested by pressers, fake green shoots and PR stunts than performances and results. On that basis should we revise the list?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 11:00]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Is it time to rewrite the order of our best managers? on 12:26 - Aug 12 with 546 viewsChurchman

Is it time to rewrite the order of our best managers? on 11:41 - Aug 12 by Beckets

Wouldn’t argue with that. Add in Decent - Magilton.

Oops, forgot Jim. Yep, decent
Is it time to rewrite the order of our best managers? on 12:35 - Aug 12 with 529 viewsDarth_Koont

Jewell, Lambert and Hurst at the bottom.

Sir Bobby, Sir Alf and Burley at the top.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is it time to rewrite the order of our best managers? on 12:38 - Aug 12 with 528 viewsjas0999

Keane was a disaster - no doubt. But he did get us to the semi finals of the league cup. For that alone he should be above Hurst who won very few games.
Is it time to rewrite the order of our best managers? on 14:53 - Aug 12 with 481 viewsKropotkin123

Is it time to rewrite the order of our best managers? on 11:41 - Aug 12 by Beckets

Wouldn’t argue with that. Add in Decent - Magilton.

Decent. 6 to 9

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Is it time to rewrite the order of our best managers? on 17:05 - Aug 12 with 440 viewsChurchman

Is it time to rewrite the order of our best managers? on 14:53 - Aug 12 by Kropotkin123

Decent. 6 to 9

Agreed and amended accordingly!

I don’t know why I forgot Jim. He was a bit of a nut job and the players used to flee to the other side of the pitch when he had a rant, but he was Guardiola compared to all bar MM that followed.

We had that streak of home games, but got plastered away, good wins and bad ones. Given he had no money, his team weren’t too bad and played mostly on the front foot.
Is it time to rewrite the order of our best managers? on 17:56 - Aug 12 with 428 viewsSuperblue95

Is it time to rewrite the order of our best managers? on 12:38 - Aug 12 by jas0999

Keane was a disaster - no doubt. But he did get us to the semi finals of the league cup. For that alone he should be above Hurst who won very few games.

Lambert, Hurst and Jewell should all be below Keane for me.

Keane was obviously crap but people seem to think he was crapper than he actually was on the basis they think he’s a c**t.

The four of them were far more dreadful than any of the others though.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Is it time to rewrite the order of our best managers? on 18:23 - Aug 12 with 409 viewsTristan90

I've only been going to matches at PR since the start of the 02/03 season so I thought I'd give my thoughts on rankings of only the managers I've seen (19 seasons of very little to get excited about!) with some justifying comment.

1.Royle - exciting football, play-off seasons, I always thought that we were actually going to get promoted
2.Magilton - didn't know how good that was until it was over!
---
3. McCarthy - did a sterling job on the pitch with very limited resources *but* the style of football wasn't great and the relationship between club and fans really stagnated - not wholly his fault, mind
---
4. Keane - what was that about?
5. Lambert - possibly did us a favour by holding nothing back in the media before he left, other than that...
6. Hurst - a masterclass in how not to do it

Where Cook will come in that is anyone's guess.

Blog: Something Rotten

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024