Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Homophobia and banning 16:44 - Oct 18 with 9234 viewsBluefish

I've never been one to call for bans and I have some proper weirdos that spend their time abusing me on here but...
If the club are going to rightfully clamp down on homophobia sury twtd should as well. Only last week we had a moron poster posting homophobic nonsense and then claimed anything else was woke

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Homophobia and banning on 18:42 - Oct 19 with 1177 viewsBluefish

Homophobia and banning on 18:36 - Oct 19 by Mullet

Calling people woke deserves a ban in itself.

It was implied that if you aren't a homophobe then you are woke. Woke was used as the insult between the 2. Most bizarre for an adult to think that way

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Homophobia and banning on 18:42 - Oct 19 with 1177 viewssolomon

Homophobia and banning on 18:36 - Oct 19 by Mullet

Calling people woke deserves a ban in itself.

I’m not so sure it does, keeping them here may be a way of ultimately getting them to change their ways rather than letting them fester elsewhere?
Homophobia and banning on 18:45 - Oct 19 with 1160 viewsMullet

Homophobia and banning on 18:42 - Oct 19 by solomon

I’m not so sure it does, keeping them here may be a way of ultimately getting them to change their ways rather than letting them fester elsewhere?

Sh1t don't change it just dries out and crumbles. Get them flushed I say.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Homophobia and banning on 20:35 - Dec 18 with 1024 viewscharlie_blue

Homophobia and banning on 17:35 - Oct 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

I had an awkward situation against Shrewsbury - someone behind me repeatedly shouted "you poofta" at the Shrewsbury keeper. I turned round to see who it was/have a word, and it was this really old guy with about 3 teeth. Never seen him before so I suspect he's a dad or grandad of someone.

Long and short, I couldn't bring myself to have a go at him. And he stopped after a bit. But it was awkward, because I think someone ought to point it out to him that that sort f thing isn't acceptable anymore, but then I don't want to put the fear of god into a clearly old guy who probably doesn't know any better, because he's from another time.

Should I have said something? I mean technically I should've spoken to a steward, but then an old man gets thrown out and/or arrested. It's not acceptable... but is it a bit more understandable when it's someone very old and their intent won't be the same as a young person, who ought to know better?

the last time I watched Shrewsbury their team encountered a lot of abuse from a bloke in his 40s surrounded by his mates and kids. It was everything really, called them the harlem globetrotters, presumably because they had a large number of black players. Must be on their period when any of them appealed and plenty of other gems. I considered reporting to a steward but they were right next to them and seemed to know them.
Homophobia and banning on 21:57 - Dec 18 with 893 viewsArnoldMoorhen

My "take home" from this thread is that there was an old bloke at one match indulging in homophobic abuse, a bunch of young lads at another, and a bloke in his 40s who was at the match with his kids.

In other words, it's a problem that cuts across all different ages of Town fans, and we all have a responsibility to speak or act.

I totally understand that sometimes people are intimidated and don't feel able to directly confront an individual who is being abusive. So there has to be a means of reporting abuse without putting yourself at risk.

The call for the club to put together a simple checklist of action to take and a dedicated email address or phone number is a good one, and it would be good if someone with connections at the club (maybe a shareholder?) could suggest it.
Homophobia and banning on 06:38 - Dec 19 with 728 viewsKropotkin123

Homophobia and banning on 17:28 - Oct 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Phil cant be expected to act if things aren't reported.

Really its the responsibility of the victim to report the abuse, otherwise the mods will never get through their inbox if everyone reports it.

It's the responsibility of all to report it, not just the victim.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Homophobia and banning on 08:49 - Dec 19 with 653 viewsChateauWines

The reaction on here illustrates the problem. I do not consider myself a snowflake on any shape or form, however I do consider any kind of abuse, whether it be face to face, cowardly from terraces, or even more cowardly from behind a keyboard unacceptable. We all have a duty to call it out. It was me who contacted the club secretary over the Toto chant at Fleetwood couple of seasons ago. We had people on here saying it was okay as he liked it. Really? Did he?

Regarding social media platforms (I include TWTD in this but must stress nowhere near as much as Facebook etc), they all have responsibility to ensure no hatred or discrimination is allowed . If such a platform cannot control, remove and ban/report people posting such, they should themselves be closed down. Facebook has for way to long been allowed to do nothing to stop abhorrent abuse .

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024