Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone used mental health apps like Headspace or Calm? 12:01 - Dec 29 with 3678 viewsJ2BLUE

Are they any good?

For years i've had low level constant anxiety and minor things make me worry and obsess. Finally got sick of being unhappy 24/7 and not being able to picture a good life.

Not really interested in books. I've read countless books on this sort of thing. Other app suggestions welcome. Thank you.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone used mental health apps like Headspace or Calm? on 18:52 - Dec 29 with 343 viewsRyorry

Great thread, with loads of excellent advice & suggestions esp for the long term.

Something which is immediately available might seem pretty old skool, but it's very quick, always on tap without any tech, works for me (when I remember to apply it). First learned it in just one freebie session when at Ipswich Civic College back in the 1970s - TM, Transcendental Meditation.

Basically, they give you a personal, soothing key word which you use in combination with a very basic slow/deep breathing technique. That can be just a few seconds at moments of stress, or in one or two x 20 minute meditation sessions daily.

https://uk.tm.org/meditation-map?keyword=transcendental%20meditation&campaig

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024