Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI 21:38 - Jul 1 with 2025 viewsElderGrizzly

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 21:48 - Jul 1 with 1733 viewsUB9Blue

Being mocked by a Chinese government is nothing to be disappointed about.
Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 21:51 - Jul 1 with 1723 viewsSwansea_Blue

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 21:48 - Jul 1 by UB9Blue

You don’t reckon? A country with their record thinking Johnson is lower than them is hardly a ringing endorsement!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 21:51 - Jul 1 with 1717 viewsElderGrizzly

The context here though calls out the hypocrisy rather well…
Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 21:52 - Jul 1 with 1706 viewsUB9Blue

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 21:51 - Jul 1 by Swansea_Blue

You don’t reckon? A country with their record thinking Johnson is lower than them is hardly a ringing endorsement!

Not quite sure our treatment of people is quite in their league
Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 21:53 - Jul 1 with 1703 viewsXYZ

Really?

Having the CCP point at you and say (validly) "you have no moral authority" is nothing to be disappointed about?
Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 21:54 - Jul 1 with 1699 viewsElderGrizzly

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 21:53 - Jul 1 by XYZ

Really?

Having the CCP point at you and say (validly) "you have no moral authority" is nothing to be disappointed about?

And you can’t blame them with statements like this from my boss

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 01:02 - Jul 2 with 1529 viewsBigCommon

Think Putin called him some names, too... Would you believe it?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 3:02]
Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 08:15 - Jul 2 with 1345 viewsnoggin

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 21:54 - Jul 1 by ElderGrizzly

And you can’t blame them with statements like this from my boss

Is there a more unlikeable politician than Truss?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 08:31 - Jul 2 with 1304 viewsFreddies_Ears

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 08:15 - Jul 2 by noggin

Well, that looks to have given this thread a bit of longevity. I raise you Mark Francois..
Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 08:40 - Jul 2 with 1273 viewsGlasgowBlue

No matter what we think of Boris Johnson or his government, sharing tweets from a despotic regime that censors free speech, imprisons and tortures political dissidents and is carrying out the Uyghur genocide, gives them the legitimacy they do not deserve .

Sharing tweets by such a regime makes you a useful idiot in their propaganda machine. Especially when the person sharing it is employed by the Foreign Office.

Boris Johnson is a liar and a rank hypocrite. His hypocrisy when bleating about the situation in Hong Kong at the same time he embarks in legislation that breaks international law deserves to be exposed. But it should nit be exposed by sharing tweets from the Chinese government.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 09:11 - Jul 2 with 1225 viewsBlueBadger

Dictatorships being legit able to look down on us is not the win you think it is.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 09:18 - Jul 2 with 1194 viewsBlueBadger

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 08:15 - Jul 2 by noggin

Gove.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 09:25 - Jul 2 with 1169 viewsBlueBadger

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 08:31 - Jul 2 by Freddies_Ears

Well, that looks to have given this thread a bit of longevity. I raise you Mark Francois..

I think I've probably killed it by citing Gove.

Although Dorries a close second. She's pigsh1t thick, a hopeless sycophant and harbours some genuinely vile views.

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 09:51 - Jul 2 with 1120 viewsGeoffSentence

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 09:25 - Jul 2 by BlueBadger

I think I've probably killed it by citing Gove.

Although Dorries a close second. She's pigsh1t thick, a hopeless sycophant and harbours some genuinely vile views.

Comes to something when we are this far in without Priti Patel getting a mention.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 09:52 - Jul 2 with 1110 viewsnoggin

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 09:51 - Jul 2 by GeoffSentence

Comes to something when we are this far in without Priti Patel getting a mention.

Reese Mogg?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 09:58 - Jul 2 with 1080 viewsElderGrizzly

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 08:40 - Jul 2 by GlasgowBlue

No matter what we think of Boris Johnson or his government, sharing tweets from a despotic regime that censors free speech, imprisons and tortures political dissidents and is carrying out the Uyghur genocide, gives them the legitimacy they do not deserve .

Sharing tweets by such a regime makes you a useful idiot in their propaganda machine. Especially when the person sharing it is employed by the Foreign Office.

Boris Johnson is a liar and a rank hypocrite. His hypocrisy when bleating about the situation in Hong Kong at the same time he embarks in legislation that breaks international law deserves to be exposed. But it should nit be exposed by sharing tweets from the Chinese government.

Everything about them you state is of course true.

And even they think Johnson has gone a step too far and is a hypocrite. Which was my point.
Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 10:13 - Jul 2 with 1048 viewslowhouseblue

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 08:40 - Jul 2 by GlasgowBlue

well political impartiality is a very important concept for civil servants. just never imagined it extended to the foreign office being impartial between the uk and china. isn't online life odd.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 11:00 - Jul 2 with 992 viewsElderGrizzly

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 10:13 - Jul 2 by lowhouseblue

well political impartiality is a very important concept for civil servants. just never imagined it extended to the foreign office being impartial between the uk and china. isn't online life odd.

My professional behaviour and my personal beliefs are of course very different
Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 11:07 - Jul 2 with 978 viewsKeno

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 09:52 - Jul 2 by noggin

Reese Mogg?

Dominic B'stard Raaaaaaab

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 11:22 - Jul 2 with 946 viewslowhouseblue

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 11:00 - Jul 2 by ElderGrizzly

My professional behaviour and my personal beliefs are of course very different

hmmmm. is it that simple?

"As civil servants we are (of course) free to use social and other digital media in our own time. But we always need to be mindful of our duties not to disclose official information without authority, and not to take part in any political or other public activity which compromises, or might be seen to compromise, our impartial service to the government of the day or any future government.

We must take care about commenting on government policies and practices and should not do so without the proper authorisation. We should avoid commenting altogether on politically controversial issues and avoid making any kind of personal attack or tasteless or offensive remarks to individuals or groups."

"be seen to" is pretty difficult here. clearly we're all anonymous which makes it a grey area, but frequently telling us all that you're a "very senior civil servant" and referring to your "boss" ..... hmmmm.

as i say, online life is odd. and it doesn't bother me.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 11:28 - Jul 2 with 931 viewsKeno

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 11:22 - Jul 2 by lowhouseblue

"As civil servants we are (of course) free to use social and other digital media in our own time. But we always need to be mindful of our duties not to disclose official information without authority, and not to take part in any political or other public activity which compromises, or might be seen to compromise, our impartial service to the government of the day or any future government.

We must take care about commenting on government policies and practices and should not do so without the proper authorisation. We should avoid commenting altogether on politically controversial issues and avoid making any kind of personal attack or tasteless or offensive remarks to individuals or groups."

"be seen to" is pretty difficult here. clearly we're all anonymous which makes it a grey area, but frequently telling us all that you're a "very senior civil servant" and referring to your "boss" ..... hmmmm.

Online 'life' is nothing like real life

If you knew me off here you'd find I was very dull, boring and have virtually no sense of humour

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 13:15 - Jul 2 with 877 viewsElderGrizzly

Well, it’s why i’m anonymous.

I do have an official work Twitter account which is used to behave like a good minion.
Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 15:49 - Jul 2 with 718 viewsChurchman

Yes, it really is that simple. I no longer work there but there are plenty of things that are not for a forum or any other form of social media. When I was working we were careful with that where We discussed stuff out of the office and were always mindful of places where the journalists hung out.

The Civil Servants I worked with did their job without political bias. It was the only way to do it and what the CS is all about, despite what stick insect Mogg and his invertebrate friends might think. The only time a saw what I thought was impartiality compromised was a piece of work managed predominately by private sector contractors.
Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 15:56 - Jul 2 with 705 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 21:52 - Jul 1 by UB9Blue

Not quite sure our treatment of people is quite in their league

You are really going with "I don't think Johnson is quite as bad as the Chinese Government" whilst failing to recognise there is any harm done by one of our largest trading partners publicly stating that our Prime Minister cannot be trusted to keep his word on an international agreement?

Wow!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 16:01 - Jul 2 with 681 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Even the Chinese are mocking Johnson on NI on 11:07 - Jul 2 by Keno

Dominic B'stard Raaaaaaab

How many have been listed and we haven't even started on:

Priti Patel
Therese Coffey
Fabricant
Tom Hunt

let alone the ones who have recently broken the law/been accused of doing so and received the official backing of the party (until forced to backtrack)?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024