Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leaving early 12:13 - Apr 17 with 5198 viewsWhens_Lunch

What a day Saturday was, let's hope for more.

What I can never understand is leaving early and it happens at pretty much every level.
We were in the Cobbold and a few were leaving on 88 minutes and it really bothered me.
The sun was out, the football was great, goals flying in, the place is rocking, not seen this level of excitement in a generation. Why go home??
Leaving early on 13:09 - Apr 18 with 579 viewshype313

Leaving early on 12:49 - Apr 18 by hoppy

Beatties is open after the game, and kids can come in (otherwise we'd have to leave Yasmin downstairs to wait, and that wouldn't really be fair on her, especially on the cold rainy evening games)

Well, thankfully Dolly has enlightened me that kids are allowed in bars, which is a revelation, so might in Beatties after all...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Leaving early on 13:10 - Apr 18 with 580 viewshype313

Leaving early on 12:48 - Apr 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't think people are talking about a one off occasion, it's people who regularly leave early who some find a bit odd. That's not saying the rest of us are superfans, or telling people what they should do. It's just expressing an opinion on a chat forum. It's no biggie.

The fact that some get so upset by the comments suggests it hits a nerve.

Not hitting a nerve, just excruciating that given where we are as a club, some people still feed the need to dig out other fans for absolute nonsense.

Leaving early on 13:12 - Apr 18 with 564 viewshoppy

Leaving early on 13:09 - Apr 18 by hype313

Well, thankfully Dolly has enlightened me that kids are allowed in bars, which is a revelation, so might in Beatties after all...

Revelation, maybe, but not Revolution... don't think they let them in there.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Leaving early on 13:16 - Apr 18 with 538 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Leaving early on 13:09 - Apr 18 by hype313

It was you who said, "Some of have kids mate. Wish it was as easy to just nip into the pub and chew the fat for an hour or so." I just responded to that. Yes, it is easy to nip into the pub with kids for a bit, unless I'm missing something. Dunno why you're getting so arsy about someone pointing that out.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Leaving early on 13:17 - Apr 18 with 535 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Leaving early on 13:10 - Apr 18 by hype313

Not hitting a nerve, just excruciating that given where we are as a club, some people still feed the need to dig out other fans for absolute nonsense.

Digging them out?!?

Calm down dear, no-one's digging you out for taking your kid to a party.

Leaving early on 13:22 - Apr 18 with 516 viewshype313

Leaving early on 13:17 - Apr 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

Digging them out?!?

Calm down dear, no-one's digging you out for taking your kid to a party.

"What I can never understand is leaving early and it happens at pretty much every level.
We were in the Cobbold and a few were leaving on 88 minutes and it really bothered me."

From the OP!

Leaving early on 13:25 - Apr 18 with 510 viewsCoastalblue

What about the ones that stand up all game? Or even worse the ones that sit all game?

I couldn't imagine leaving five minutes early every week, but if that's what people want to do and they still enjoy their day I don't see a problem.

Though I will admit that I used to get annoyed when I had my ST and there was a guy not far from me who would leave early, get up, walk to the end of the row, but would then stand there blocking the view of those behind him if we went on the attack.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Leaving early on 13:28 - Apr 18 with 506 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Leaving early on 13:22 - Apr 18 by hype313

"What I can never understand is leaving early and it happens at pretty much every level.
We were in the Cobbold and a few were leaving on 88 minutes and it really bothered me."

From the OP!

I can read, thanks. He said he can't understand it. Hardly 'digging you out'. If you had good reason and it was a one off, why worry about it? There's probably things in other people's lives you don't understand too.

Login to get fewer ads

Is it any different to.... on 13:34 - Apr 18 with 492 viewsstonojnr

Is it any different to.... on 13:15 - Apr 17 by Bloots

....nipping out 3 mins before half time to get a beer and getting back 3 mins into the second half?

Pretty sure it's up to each individual what they do, I wouldn't let it bother you too much.

there were people leaving at about the 35min mark in the game to get a halftime pint, I know the queues are bad, but I didnt think they were that bad.
Is it any different to.... on 13:38 - Apr 18 with 483 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Is it any different to.... on 13:34 - Apr 18 by stonojnr

there were people leaving at about the 35min mark in the game to get a halftime pint, I know the queues are bad, but I didnt think they were that bad.

That's worse than the early leavers. You're missing 10 minutes of the match to get a beer?! Jesus wept.

Leaving early on 13:39 - Apr 18 with 483 viewshype313

Leaving early on 13:28 - Apr 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

I can read, thanks. He said he can't understand it. Hardly 'digging you out'. If you had good reason and it was a one off, why worry about it? There's probably things in other people's lives you don't understand too.

Well plenty of us gave the OP valid reasoning as to why there are times when you have to leave early.

And there are things in others people lives that I don't understand, I don't then come on here and try to highlight why people do things that I don't necessarily agree with, as I get there are varying factors for people's decisions in their lives, and it's not for me to say how they should do things.

Glad you can read, maybe try to learn to digest what you read in the future.

Leaving early on 13:40 - Apr 18 with 481 viewsstonojnr

Leaving early on 12:49 - Apr 17 by Dyland

I've no doubt done so other times but only recently remember leaving early once, when we were being thrashed by the budgies in that night game under Jewell.

To answer your question, it's to beat the traffic I guess. Seems like adding unnecessary stress to me, unless you really have to be somewhere else at a certain time. If you're parked near the ground you're probably better off staying put for fifteen or twenty minutes. Each to their own though.

I stayed till the bitter end of that game because I wanted to show the players Id put more effort in watching that debacle for 90mins than they had on the pitch.

there havent been many games Ive left before the final whistle, largely because I kind of think Ive paid to watch it all.

and for all the valid examples people keep bringing up, Im sure it doesnt explain everyone who leaves early during a game,like I used to know a fan who always left early just because they wanted to get to their local chippy before the post football rush, or one or two fans who'd skip extra time at cup games because they wanted to get a drink in the pub before last orders was called.
Is it any different to.... on 13:57 - Apr 18 with 453 viewshoppy

Is it any different to.... on 13:38 - Apr 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

That's worse than the early leavers. You're missing 10 minutes of the match to get a beer?! Jesus wept.

I'm not really sure it bothered Jesus that much, to be honest.

Is it any different to.... on 14:00 - Apr 18 with 439 viewsCoastalblue

Is it any different to.... on 13:57 - Apr 18 by hoppy

I'm not really sure it bothered Jesus that much, to be honest.

Nah he was more bothered that he'd just missed a sitter for Arsenal.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Leaving early on 14:45 - Apr 18 with 415 viewstextbackup

If we are winning tonight would you be ok if I left on 90mins?
Just I’m on call from 2200, I won’t if it will annoy you though

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Leaving early on 14:54 - Apr 18 with 409 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Leaving early on 14:45 - Apr 18 by textbackup

If we are winning tonight would you be ok if I left on 90mins?
Just I’m on call from 2200, I won’t if it will annoy you though

This happens every time one of these threads surfaces - people with legitimate reasons for leaving early get butthurt because they think it's attacking them. It aint.

Leaving early on 14:57 - Apr 18 with 403 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Leaving early on 13:39 - Apr 18 by hype313

Well plenty of us gave the OP valid reasoning as to why there are times when you have to leave early.

And there are things in others people lives that I don't understand, I don't then come on here and try to highlight why people do things that I don't necessarily agree with, as I get there are varying factors for people's decisions in their lives, and it's not for me to say how they should do things.

Glad you can read, maybe try to learn to digest what you read in the future.

People discuss all sorts of things on here that are different ways people live their lives. Look at politics for a starter.

I wonder how many of these who need to beat the traffic leave movies, the theatre etc. early. Or stop reading books a few pages from the end.

Leaving early on 15:01 - Apr 18 with 384 viewsSwansea_Blue

Leaving early on 14:57 - Apr 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

People discuss all sorts of things on here that are different ways people live their lives. Look at politics for a starter.

I wonder how many of these who need to beat the traffic leave movies, the theatre etc. early. Or stop reading books a few pages from the end.

Concerts - you don't see a mass exodus of people before the encore (= added on time). I'm not sure if it's unique to football or whether other mass sporting events have the same thing. Did loads of people walk out of the Grand National just before they got to the last fence for example?

It's also fine to leave early of course, whatever the reason. I find it a bit odd, but each to their own and all that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Leaving early on 15:39 - Apr 18 with 345 viewstextbackup

Leaving early on 14:54 - Apr 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

This happens every time one of these threads surfaces - people with legitimate reasons for leaving early get butthurt because they think it's attacking them. It aint.

Alright don’t cry about it, I was pissing about.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Leaving early on 15:44 - Apr 18 with 318 viewshoppy

Leaving early on 15:01 - Apr 18 by Swansea_Blue

Concerts - you don't see a mass exodus of people before the encore (= added on time). I'm not sure if it's unique to football or whether other mass sporting events have the same thing. Did loads of people walk out of the Grand National just before they got to the last fence for example?

It's also fine to leave early of course, whatever the reason. I find it a bit odd, but each to their own and all that.

It would be quite amusing if the band suddenly burst into a chorus of such classics as "We can see you sneaking out!" or "Is there a fire drill?"

Leaving early on 02:44 - Apr 22 with 216 viewsOvenGlove

Different strokes for different folks. Really not that hard to understand. If that 'bothers' you, you really need to take a look a look at how f**ked the world is currently. give yourself some real sleepless nights. Bless.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024