Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bundesliga to start on May 9th.... 15:17 - Apr 23 with 1176 viewsitfcjoe

....presuming the Govt gives it the green light

Behind closed doors. If fans congregate at the stadium to watch it like happened at that PSG the games will be cancelled.

The PL can't be far behind, the Championship will finish - just up in the air as to whether L1 and L2 do as well

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bundesliga to start on May 9th.... on 15:29 - Apr 23 with 1129 viewsitfcjoe

Leaked document on the Bundesliga return
Max of 322 people (players, staff, media, medical, etc.) at any game
Temperature checks at entrance
No requirement for group quarantine if positive test
No shaking hands or team photos
No mixed zone or live press conferences

DFL president Christian Seifert: "The Bundesliga is ready to resume, either on 9 May or a later date. But it's not up to us to find a date. The political decision makers will decide."

Regarding all the additional required coronavirus testing to run the Bundesliga, Christian Seifert says: "Professional football would not even consume 0.4% of the available test capacity in the country."

Christian Seifert on the possibility of Bundesliga players testing positive for coronavirus: "Of the total of 1,100 licensed players, there have been 14 positive cases so far. All have recovered."

Christian Seifert on the Bundesliga return date: "It’s not in our hands if we return or when. We have several options. If the signal comes in the next week that it can be May 9, then it will be May 9.”

Federal Government conference is scheduled for April 30. They will decide.

Christian Seifert wants the 2019-20 Bundesliga season to end by June 30 due to expiring contracts and transfers set for July 1: "On June 30, it should be over." But he doesn't rule out the season ending in July.

Christian Seifert on fans wanting to go to stadiums for behind closed doors games: "I hope that the clubs will be able to speak to their fan groups. It should not happen that there will be large fan gatherings in front of the stadiums at ghost games."

Bundesliga matches will be abandoned if fans turn up outside: “When we start playing again, gatherings outside the stadium must be avoided. Otherwise the fans will need to accept the fact that the matches will not take place. If this happens during the match it will be cancelled”

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bundesliga to start on May 9th.... on 15:50 - Apr 23 with 1095 viewsJ2BLUE

If they can do it safely and and the health staff aren't needed elsewhere then get in.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bundesliga to start on May 9th.... on 15:53 - Apr 23 with 1086 viewsJakeITFC

Don't know whether I miss live football enough to restart a BT sport subscription.
Bundesliga to start on May 9th.... on 15:54 - Apr 23 with 1079 viewsJ2BLUE

Bundesliga to start on May 9th.... on 15:53 - Apr 23 by JakeITFC

Don't know whether I miss live football enough to restart a BT sport subscription.

At this point I'd be genuinely exhilarated by live snooker.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bundesliga to start on May 9th.... on 18:13 - Apr 23 with 1023 viewsAce_High1

Bundesliga to start on May 9th.... on 15:54 - Apr 23 by J2BLUE

At this point I'd be genuinely exhilarated by live snooker.

Snooker is fine..... as long as Ronnie O'Sullivan is playing!!
Bundesliga to start on May 9th.... on 19:51 - Apr 23 with 982 viewsjas0999

If safe, it’s great news and a morale booster for tv audiences at home.
Bundesliga to start on May 9th.... on 20:56 - Apr 23 with 914 viewsElderGrizzly

Angela Merkel appeared to be saying this would be a no earlier today
Bundesliga to start on May 9th.... on 00:46 - Apr 24 with 844 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I can't see the attraction in watching games behind closed doors. It'll be like watching a glorified training session. You need the crowd to create an event. Football is an event.

I think games behind closed doors in England is a long way off. I reckon September and that is only if there is not a second spike in the summer. The thing driving this insane wish to get the Premier League season done is money. It's nothing more and nothing less.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Login to get fewer ads

Bundesliga to start on May 9th.... on 06:54 - Apr 24 with 776 viewsElderGrizzly

Bundesliga to start on May 9th.... on 00:46 - Apr 24 by The_Last_Baron

I can't see the attraction in watching games behind closed doors. It'll be like watching a glorified training session. You need the crowd to create an event. Football is an event.

I think games behind closed doors in England is a long way off. I reckon September and that is only if there is not a second spike in the summer. The thing driving this insane wish to get the Premier League season done is money. It's nothing more and nothing less.

It is the same in Germany. Almost £300m initially was at risk it they didn’t finish season
Bundesliga to start on May 9th.... on 07:35 - Apr 24 with 740 viewsVaughan8

Bundesliga to start on May 9th.... on 15:53 - Apr 23 by JakeITFC

I got rid of BT TV when all this started and ended up saving £21 a month and because i have been with them for over a year I got to keep the box. Just meand i font get the sports and all those "extra" channels like comedy central etc which i rarely watched anyway.

If the champions league comes back I'll miss that but the 1 premier league game a week I don't miss.

I think I'll give the BT Sport on my mobile a go from EE when it returns and see how I go.
Bundesliga to start on May 9th.... on 07:43 - Apr 24 with 734 viewsbluelagos

Bundesliga to start on May 9th.... on 15:29 - Apr 23 by itfcjoe

Leaked document on the Bundesliga return
Max of 322 people (players, staff, media, medical, etc.) at any game
Temperature checks at entrance
No requirement for group quarantine if positive test
No shaking hands or team photos
No mixed zone or live press conferences

DFL president Christian Seifert: "The Bundesliga is ready to resume, either on 9 May or a later date. But it's not up to us to find a date. The political decision makers will decide."

Regarding all the additional required coronavirus testing to run the Bundesliga, Christian Seifert says: "Professional football would not even consume 0.4% of the available test capacity in the country."

Christian Seifert on the possibility of Bundesliga players testing positive for coronavirus: "Of the total of 1,100 licensed players, there have been 14 positive cases so far. All have recovered."

Christian Seifert on the Bundesliga return date: "It’s not in our hands if we return or when. We have several options. If the signal comes in the next week that it can be May 9, then it will be May 9.”

Federal Government conference is scheduled for April 30. They will decide.

Christian Seifert wants the 2019-20 Bundesliga season to end by June 30 due to expiring contracts and transfers set for July 1: "On June 30, it should be over." But he doesn't rule out the season ending in July.

Christian Seifert on fans wanting to go to stadiums for behind closed doors games: "I hope that the clubs will be able to speak to their fan groups. It should not happen that there will be large fan gatherings in front of the stadiums at ghost games."

Bundesliga matches will be abandoned if fans turn up outside: “When we start playing again, gatherings outside the stadium must be avoided. Otherwise the fans will need to accept the fact that the matches will not take place. If this happens during the match it will be cancelled”

Some good news :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024