Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ST holders who want MM out 15:48 - Feb 22 with 7149 viewsJ2BLUE

How many of you have written to the club making it clear how strongly you feel?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

ST holders who want MM out on 09:07 - Feb 23 with 764 viewsHerbivore

ST holders who want MM out on 09:03 - Feb 23 by maccyd9

You seem to think everything is emotional that you don't agree with.

It couldn't have been less emotional.

I feel very little if anything towards the club at the moment.

It wasn't exactly a dispassionate analysis, you've put everything in as negative a light as possible. People are blind to any good things at the club currently and are desperate to paint us as being in crisis. Our current situation is not a crisis. I think that's what annoys people even more, they know deep down that things aren't really bad enough to warrant properly kicking off about and that just adds further frustration. We've got posters writing essays on here daily about how dreadful things are and how we need to protest and I've yet to see a single protest actually organised or even be seriously mooted.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

ST holders who want MM out on 09:19 - Feb 23 with 745 viewsmaccyd9

ST holders who want MM out on 09:07 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

It wasn't exactly a dispassionate analysis, you've put everything in as negative a light as possible. People are blind to any good things at the club currently and are desperate to paint us as being in crisis. Our current situation is not a crisis. I think that's what annoys people even more, they know deep down that things aren't really bad enough to warrant properly kicking off about and that just adds further frustration. We've got posters writing essays on here daily about how dreadful things are and how we need to protest and I've yet to see a single protest actually organised or even be seriously mooted.

It's hard to see any real positives coming out of the club.

I genuinely mean that. Crowds are dwindling with ST holders who have paid not even bothering to go. We could easily eclipse last seasons lowest finish for 50 years and have a totally anonymous owner and manager who is at odds with an increasing majority of the fanbase.

We are 3-4 weeks away from ST renewal packs going out and we have no idea whether the manager will be here next season. We have maybe only 2 saleable playing assets so unless they sell for big big money or Evans decides to invest then we are going to get further and further behind.

There is little positive coming from the club.

Genuine question to you....if you were in charge of the club's marketing strategy for ST renewals.....how would you try and sell them? What is the selling feature that will entice fans to renew or new fans to purchase?
ST holders who want MM out on 09:23 - Feb 23 with 734 viewsMullet

ST holders who want MM out on 09:19 - Feb 23 by maccyd9

I genuinely mean that. Crowds are dwindling with ST holders who have paid not even bothering to go. We could easily eclipse last seasons lowest finish for 50 years and have a totally anonymous owner and manager who is at odds with an increasing majority of the fanbase.

We are 3-4 weeks away from ST renewal packs going out and we have no idea whether the manager will be here next season. We have maybe only 2 saleable playing assets so unless they sell for big big money or Evans decides to invest then we are going to get further and further behind.

Genuine question to you....if you were in charge of the club's marketing strategy for ST renewals.....how would you try and sell them? What is the selling feature that will entice fans to renew or new fans to purchase?

I think the ST promotional material is going to have to be a photo of Downes, Nydam and Dozzell. Although that forces the manager's hand somewhat as soon as one gets injured or loses form a little.

A lot of the negativity is self-perpetuated though. See the derby fuss for a perfect example, and it's not the first one this season. That's a bigger problem.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

ST holders who want MM out on 09:30 - Feb 23 with 729 viewsHerbivore

ST holders who want MM out on 09:19 - Feb 23 by maccyd9

It's very unlikely that we'll finish lower than 16th, that's the kind of negative spin I'm talking about, people are literally inventing things that paint a bad picture.

There are positives, the academy is well funded and in the best shape it's been for nearly 20 years. We've got Downes, Nydam and Dozzell breaking into the first team with the likes of Morris and Woolfenden making progress. Each cohort has at least one or two promising talents. We actually have some talent in the squad, injuries have ravaged us but there's a core of talented players here that are ours. ME has shown in the last 2 years that he's prepared to pay fees for the right kind of player and signing Webster, Huws, Ward, Garner and Waghorn shows that. They've all added to the squad. In short, there are elements of the 5 point plan that are actually working.

As for season tickets, I'm less bothered than most seem to be about attendances. Whether there's 11k or 15k there makes little difference to me, I'd just like there to be a more supportive atmosphere.

In terms of renewals, there needs to be a decision about Mick. Fans need to know what they are signing up to next season. I'd reverse the changes for senior citizens and students and look at ways of reducing prices for others. If there's no decision on Mick and prices go up again then people have every right to be angry but as it stands people are getting het up about stuff that hasn't even happened yet.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

ST holders who want MM out on 09:30 - Feb 23 with 729 viewsmaccyd9

ST holders who want MM out on 09:23 - Feb 23 by Mullet

I think the ST promotional material is going to have to be a photo of Downes, Nydam and Dozzell. Although that forces the manager's hand somewhat as soon as one gets injured or loses form a little.

A lot of the negativity is self-perpetuated though. See the derby fuss for a perfect example, and it's not the first one this season. That's a bigger problem.

The swearing incident was really nothing at all but did emphasis the chasm between Mick and the fans.

I think you're right about the ST renewals however wouldn't be surprised to see them delayed until a decision has been made on Mick and maybe go down the route of "new beginnings".
ST holders who want MM out on 09:38 - Feb 23 with 717 viewsMullet

ST holders who want MM out on 09:30 - Feb 23 by maccyd9

The swearing incident was really nothing at all but did emphasis the chasm between Mick and the fans.

I think you're right about the ST renewals however wouldn't be surprised to see them delayed until a decision has been made on Mick and maybe go down the route of "new beginnings".

That's the point though. We've got too many people who just want to hound Mick out because it proves them right somehow. Incidents like that were jumped upon in the silliest way.

We're going to have people convincing themselves someone like Phil Brown or Tim Sherwood are the messiah this summer, and it's going to be interesting watching the mental gymnastics of the purists who will then laud someone like Garry Monk.

There should be tremendous anger if ME gets rid of Mick to placate them, then backs the new man, but there won't be. There should be tremendous anger if he keeps us ticking over and sees us carry on as we are, but there won't.

Not until we go down, sell off the kids and the like. Cardiff was a great example of "passing, attacking football" but we didn't get the result. Did Mick get the praise? Nope, course he didn't, and that's what we're up against.

Ultimately unless we start winning, a lot of people just aren't interested any more and Evans is doing nothing to put us back into that position.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

ST holders who want MM out on 10:29 - Feb 23 with 690 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Heard from someone in the know, Milne just forwards emails onto other people.

Just the lack of clarity is a burden, with season tickets a month away the fans are no wiser to what's happening, lack of communication between the fans and the owner have caused rift between the manager (who takes all the flack) and the fans.

There is no denying with the likes of: Adeyemi, Dozzell, Bishop, Huws, Downes all fit we would be challenging more towards the top of the table, probably top 10, but that doesn't take away the fact I don't enjoy going to Portman Road anymore, the football is dull and boring and that's unlikely to change drastically with the addition of a few players and the lack of so called leadership I can't see anywhere.

All I want too do is go to football and see a side play football, try and keep the ball on the ground, see the youth come through and prosper.

I'd agree that our club is falling apart nobody in the boardroom seems to have a clue about how to run a football club, 16 years of stagnation, especially the last 3 and nothing has been done to rectify that.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 10:32]

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

ST holders who want MM out on 11:04 - Feb 23 with 677 viewsLightningboy

ST holders who want MM out on 17:30 - Feb 22 by longtimefan

I think he puts into the club either as much as he's able (lots of assumptions are made as to how much spare cash he actually has) or is willing to do and that therefore the only change that will do any good is a new owner. Unfortunately they don't grow on tree. I suspect all lower attendances will achieve is an even lower budget for the new Manager, so I see such action as detrimental to the future of the club, not enhancing it. Sorry to have a differing opinion to you but nearly 50 years of attending PR makes mine as equally valid as yours.

I don’t think any of us are asking our owner or expecting him to plough in £20m on transfer fees like he did in his first couple of seasons..spending a lot of money doesn’t guarantee anything..as proved by Keane & Jewell.

For me we need a manager with an iota of tactical nouse & genuine enthusiasm for the club and it’s supporters..if Marcus gave him 2 or 3 million to spend in the summer on top of the imho very good squad we have,plus the crop of youngsters coming through i’d be more than happy.

You could give Mick £20m to spend in the summer but the style of football would still be sh1t & after 3 or 4 poor performances all this starts up again and again......

Sorry,but Mick is now a very bad smell that we can’t get rid of...things need freshening up badly.
Login to get fewer ads

ST holders who want MM out on 13:23 - Feb 23 with 646 viewslongtimefan

ST holders who want MM out on 08:19 - Feb 23 by Benters2

Its the way of the 'Happy Clapper'

As opposed to the "Happy Crapper" who stays at home and sh1ts on everyone else.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2018 15:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024