Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools 18:08 - Feb 12 with 9958 viewsthebooks

There was an interesting bit on Life's a Pitch at the weekend where one of the folks pointed out that Norwich City run the football coaching at one of the town centre schools (it's St Helen's, incidentally).

Jason Dozzell was lightly quizzed on this, and he had no idea it was the case. He expressed some amazement the club wasn't involved in any of the town's schools' coaching (I don't think he picked up on the fact it was a bit odd he was unaware despite coaching kids at the club...)

St Helen's is a big school and can boast Liam Trotter among its alumni. Is there any reason why Town aren't doing this but Norwich are?
Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 18:11 - Feb 12 with 7926 viewsSpruceMoose

Millions of reasons in the form of parachute payments I expect.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 18:14 - Feb 12 with 7921 viewsthebooks

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 18:11 - Feb 12 by SpruceMoose

What, we can't afford to provide coaching sessions at local schools?
Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 18:16 - Feb 12 with 7900 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 18:14 - Feb 12 by thebooks

My point is, when you've enjoyed recent Premier League money, these kind of things become more standard. Norwich are sensing the opportunity to become the main club in the region. That's what they are doing. Going for the kill. Our relegation is going to put us decade(s?) behind them, especially if they go up this year.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 18:21]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 18:18 - Feb 12 with 7900 viewsleftback

They charge for it
Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 18:18 - Feb 12 with 7899 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

They coach at Stowupland High School on Wednesdays too.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 18:28 - Feb 12 with 7818 viewsAYACCA

If you think thats interesting wait till you read a Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking - Gonna blow ya mind into the 5th Dimension
Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 19:03 - Feb 12 with 7725 viewsSlambo

This is deeply, deeply concerning and I don't think people realise the extent of Norwich's encroachment not only into Suffolk, but into Ipswich, and what a catastrophic effect that could have on the club. This should be plastered over every news media going and Norwich should be called out for their cynical opportunism...

I mentioned this to Lee O'Neill and he's aware of it. Just hope they really understand the gravity of the situation and kick those f**kers back over the border posthaste...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 19:07 - Feb 12 with 7695 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 19:03 - Feb 12 by Slambo

This is deeply, deeply concerning and I don't think people realise the extent of Norwich's encroachment not only into Suffolk, but into Ipswich, and what a catastrophic effect that could have on the club. This should be plastered over every news media going and Norwich should be called out for their cynical opportunism...

I mentioned this to Lee O'Neill and he's aware of it. Just hope they really understand the gravity of the situation and kick those f**kers back over the border posthaste...

Like I said, I think they sense blood. They think they have the opportunity to make themselves East Anglia's main club and make us irrelevant. Our relegation is going to hurt in so many ways.

If things don't change we will matter to a kid growing up in Stowmarket as much as Colchester mattered to me when I grew up in Ipswich.

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 19:28 - Feb 12 with 7620 viewsthebooks

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 19:03 - Feb 12 by Slambo

My main concern is that ITFC don't offer it to schools. I don't blame Norwich for trying to poach local talent by filling in a gap at the schools. The schools are totally skint, so you can't blame them for taking up the offer.

It was also a bit strange that Jason Dozzell was just as in the dark as everyone else on the programme.

Doesn't help that the coaches Norwich provide are also very good.
Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 19:33 - Feb 12 with 7591 viewsLord_Mac

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 18:11 - Feb 12 by SpruceMoose

Shouldn’t depend on parachute payments. In Greenwich we provide cricket coaching in every local school using money provided by a local trust. Can’t believe Ipswich can’t raise the money they need. Fact is they are half asleep when it comes to community work (local schools, the minor Suffolk clubs). Missed opportunity.

Blog: 10 Points for the Future?

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 19:43 - Feb 12 with 7543 viewsRonFearonsHair

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 18:14 - Feb 12 by thebooks

We can and we do.

But theirs just come steaming onto our patch and beat ours up.
Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 19:52 - Feb 12 with 7502 viewsChondzoresk

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 18:18 - Feb 12 by Jonnosdreadlocks

I can confirm this too.
Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 19:52 - Feb 12 with 7507 viewssuffolkpoker

My mates son, played one game for his school (Ipswich school) and by all accounts was the best player on the parkplayer on the park. His PE teacher recommended him to Norwich academy and now on there elite program.

I was amazed an Ipswich school and Norwich got first dibs on him

WTF

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 19:57 - Feb 12 with 7482 viewsflimflam

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 19:52 - Feb 12 by Chondzoresk

I can confirm this too.

Yep and I know have already offered PDC to two lads and one girl.

They offer elite and pdc academy at all ages for girls and boys at Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds and also do a lot of events at Needhams new 3g facility.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 20:01]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 19:58 - Feb 12 with 7480 views3_5_2

As much as I am a town fan, this aspect really annoys me

NCFC are doing this and have COE (centre of Excellence) in the town too. Most of these have to be paid for but they will have access to potential

NCFC run various centres across the region (Suffolk, Cambs, Essex, obviously Norfolk) and 2/3 times a year invite boys teams at u8/9/10/11 to tournaments held in the covered dome at their training ground. They will often get their COE teams to play (usually v group a year older) All COE coaches are paid to attend and spend the day watching the games At the end, they get together to highlight any talent.

I know this because I was a coach at a COE (yes, it was tough but its my job!) we discovered lots of boys good enough to go to the COE where they were asked to get one, maybe two players a year into the academy and we often did

I also worked for ITFC and from something similar a few years ago, the demise of that structure was there to see It may be getting better but we are miles behind and given the talent out there, I just don't get it

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 20:18 - Feb 12 with 7394 viewsEly_Blue

They coach at most of the schools in Cambridgeshire too as well as having an academy setup at my sons high school in Ely.

It pains me every time I have to go there and pass that yellow and green sign, 1 day I had to go pick my son up for a dentist appointment and I was sat in reception waiting for him when the year 12/13 kids were going off out to play a Friday afternoon game all dressed in their scum tracksuits, it took all I could muster not to shout out scum scum

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 20:33 - Feb 12 with 7358 viewsRegencyBlue

I was told about a year ago, by someone heavily involved with local football, that they were amazed at how much ITFC had withdrawn locally and given Norwich pretty much free reign in and around Ipswich.

No idea why this was happening but I suspect money, or rather lack of it, had something to do with it!
Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 20:39 - Feb 12 with 7319 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Spoke to a 16 year old today who reckoned he is lined up next year to join some scheme based in Ipswich and with sessions in Norwich too run by a conglomeration of clubs.

Something like Leicester, Bristol City, Brentford and a couple of other lower Premier League/Championship ones.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 20:53 - Feb 12 with 7267 viewsgood_at_COD

Simple explanation - of all the clubs in the EFL we are the only one without a Community Trust. In other news Colchester have just signed five boys from our academy who were not released but made the decision as a matter of convenience because a bus hired by Town to transport boys to Portman Road has been scrapped and there are parents out there who cannot afford to chauffeur their boys from Colchester to Ipswich every week and during school holidays.
It is just another cutback by the owner and he’s not done yet.

Giggsy

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 20:58 - Feb 12 with 7236 viewsbackwaywhen

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 18:18 - Feb 12 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Darren Eaddie coaches atSt Joseph’s College on Belstead Road .... was on look Norwich last week !
Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 22:10 - Feb 12 with 7075 viewsbournemouthblue

My Primary School as a kid, I used to play football with Liam Trotter every day.

He was massive even then

That is very disappointing to hear as we were football mad there, we were playing football every break time.

The second Billy Clark also went there but didn't quite crack the big time.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 22:15]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 22:36 - Feb 12 with 6964 viewsBLUEBEAT

Another issue to raise with the ‘more involved’ Marcus Evans...

Poll: W or W

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 22:59 - Feb 12 with 6919 viewsLeagueOne

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 18:16 - Feb 12 by SpruceMoose

My point is, when you've enjoyed recent Premier League money, these kind of things become more standard. Norwich are sensing the opportunity to become the main club in the region. That's what they are doing. Going for the kill. Our relegation is going to put us decade(s?) behind them, especially if they go up this year.

Agreed 100% Spruce, glad someone else isn't just running round in Legoland pretending everything is awesome.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 05:29 - Feb 13 with 6736 viewsbontcho

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 18:16 - Feb 12 by SpruceMoose

Charlton Athletic do this through their excellent Charlton Athletic in the Community Trust, coaching and charity work through out South East London and Kent.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 08:46 - Feb 13 with 6519 viewsRegencyBlue

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools on 20:53 - Feb 12 by good_at_COD

Simple explanation - of all the clubs in the EFL we are the only one without a Community Trust. In other news Colchester have just signed five boys from our academy who were not released but made the decision as a matter of convenience because a bus hired by Town to transport boys to Portman Road has been scrapped and there are parents out there who cannot afford to chauffeur their boys from Colchester to Ipswich every week and during school holidays.
It is just another cutback by the owner and he’s not done yet.

Well thats great to hear!

Not sure how that fits in with the much hyped five point plan and building a team around our youngsters!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024