Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me who feels 09:57 - Jul 31 with 845 viewsiamipswich

that we are very under-prepared for this season given we kick off in 3 days time? Both in terms of our squad and also our match preparations. It never felt like we had close to our strongest line up out at the same time.

Perhaps it's the added expectation of being near the top of the league but can't help but feel we aren't ready for the season yet and could do with another week or two.

Poll: Who will return first?

Is it just me who feels on 09:59 - Jul 31 with 833 viewsBlueBadger

We'd still be scrabbling around to be ready if we had another month. It's symptomatic of the wider maliase at the club.Do it last minute, do it cheap and hope for the best.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is it just me who feels on 09:59 - Jul 31 with 823 viewsHerbivore

The numerous other threads saying more or less the same thing would suggest it's not just you.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it just me who feels on 10:19 - Jul 31 with 763 viewsBobbychase

It's hard to know if we are unprepared or not. I'm frustrated that we haven't got all our transfer business done but my gut feeling having watched a fair bit of League One football is that our squad is far superior to most in the division.

We need to be careful with the size of that squad though, which I think some people aren't taking into account when they look at things like the Harrison transfer or the players being loaned out. Check out Burton's squad compared to ours for example.

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=427

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1372

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Is it just me who feels on 10:19 - Jul 31 with 759 viewsiamipswich

Is it just me who feels on 09:59 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

The numerous other threads saying more or less the same thing would suggest it's not just you.

My point is also going beyond the lack of transfer business which everyone is alluding to.

The preseason seemed to whizz by with us always seeming to be in late-June early-July mode. Our team in our last friendly was still a mishmash.

Poll: Who will return first?

Is it just me who feels on 10:22 - Jul 31 with 742 viewsHerbivore

Is it just me who feels on 10:19 - Jul 31 by iamipswich

My point is also going beyond the lack of transfer business which everyone is alluding to.

The preseason seemed to whizz by with us always seeming to be in late-June early-July mode. Our team in our last friendly was still a mishmash.

Sides in preseason are usually a mish mash, I wouldn't worry about that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it just me who feels on 10:23 - Jul 31 with 746 viewsitfcjoe

Is it just me who feels on 10:19 - Jul 31 by Bobbychase

It's hard to know if we are unprepared or not. I'm frustrated that we haven't got all our transfer business done but my gut feeling having watched a fair bit of League One football is that our squad is far superior to most in the division.

We need to be careful with the size of that squad though, which I think some people aren't taking into account when they look at things like the Harrison transfer or the players being loaned out. Check out Burton's squad compared to ours for example.

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=427

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1372

We need to be comparing ourselves to Sunderland and Portsmouth though, not Burton.

Any club with a Cat 1 or 2 academy in League 1 is going to have a bigger squad because there is an U23 league that needs to be covered, Burton don't have that need so will have less pros on the books.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024