Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour's plans for the trains. 17:03 - Dec 2 with 16876 viewsmonytowbray

✂️Cut rail fares by 33% from Jan 2020
👍Save the average commuter £1097/yr
✔️Fair fares for part-time workers
🎫Deliver a simple, London-style ticketing system nationwide
👛Free rail travel for under 16s

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/labour-rail-fares-cut-train

Backed, I think a 3rd off is fair for investment back if public owned. At the minute they charge double the cost of transporting commuters on a sh1te service to line the pockets of shareholders. Part time tickets have also needed to be a thing for far too long, as well as a simplier ticket/price structure.

I'd actually happily pay for trains knowing it was for the greater good of the nation.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:17 - Dec 2 with 2176 viewshampstead_blue

Labour's plans for the trains. on 17:46 - Dec 2 by JeanManuelThetis

If you earn under £80,000 it will cost you nothing extra in tax. If you earn above £80,000, then there will be a small increase in tax in return for making society fairer for those who can't afford it.

you are forgetting the impact of the higher corporation tax on the rest of us. Rise in prices.

Also the abolition of the married couples allowance

Also capital gains and dividend income tax bought in line with income tax

It means everyone pays massively.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:19 - Dec 2 with 2166 viewslowhouseblue

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:17 - Dec 2 by hampstead_blue

you are forgetting the impact of the higher corporation tax on the rest of us. Rise in prices.

and that's assuming it all goes to plan. if high rate payers flee, companies relocate overseas, the £ falls, and interest rates rise, then taxes will rise across the board.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:20 - Dec 2 with 2172 viewsMullet

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:17 - Dec 2 by hampstead_blue

If people like Rees-Mogg paid their corporation tax instead of registering in the Cayman Islands though....

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:21 - Dec 2 with 2167 viewshampstead_blue

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:19 - Dec 2 by lowhouseblue

and that's assuming it all goes to plan. if high rate payers flee, companies relocate overseas, the £ falls, and interest rates rise, then taxes will rise across the board.

exactly.

He plans to get 12% of TOTAL income tax revenue from just 31,000 people. Many of whom are foreign nationals. They will flee thus leaving gaping holes in their impotent tax policy

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:25 - Dec 2 with 2142 viewsbluejacko

Also what companies/ corporations will invest in Britain with the risk of their investment going south if the great leader decides to nationalise that sector?
Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:26 - Dec 2 with 2137 viewslongtimefan

Labour's plans for the trains. on 18:38 - Dec 2 by BloomBlue

But not enough people earn over £80,000 to pay for all these ideas even someone not great with maths like me can work that out so I will end up paying more tax. I guess no one can tell me how much

I suspect it will some nice stealth taxes such as removing the tax relief on pension contributions.
Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:27 - Dec 2 with 2122 viewslowhouseblue

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:25 - Dec 2 by bluejacko

Also what companies/ corporations will invest in Britain with the risk of their investment going south if the great leader decides to nationalise that sector?

but they'll be compensated with government bonds (from a country borrowing a £trillion). what's not to like?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:27 - Dec 2 with 2128 viewsfooters

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:19 - Dec 2 by lowhouseblue

Why haven't higher rate payers already 'fled' to Monaco or Ireland? And where did they vanish to under Thatcher?

I'm beginning to think you don't like this version of the Labour party very much...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:29 - Dec 2 with 2116 viewshampstead_blue

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:27 - Dec 2 by footers

Why haven't higher rate payers already 'fled' to Monaco or Ireland? And where did they vanish to under Thatcher?

I'm beginning to think you don't like this version of the Labour party very much...

The stats I posted are from the AN interview with JC.

I think a good slug of them will changed their domicile status for tax purposes.
JM's playing a very dangerous game

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:29 - Dec 2 with 2115 viewsfooters

Labour's plans for the trains. on 17:28 - Dec 2 by footers

What's the Lib Dem's policy on it, gibbers? Bet you're excited about it, whatever it is :)

No? I was ready to hear about their exciting new proposals without mention of Labour :)

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:30 - Dec 2 with 2107 viewsfooters

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:29 - Dec 2 by hampstead_blue

The stats I posted are from the AN interview with JC.

I think a good slug of them will changed their domicile status for tax purposes.
JM's playing a very dangerous game

If that's indeed true, then as a military man you should surely be questioning their patriotism? Don't seem like troops you'd want in your brigade if that's the type of behaviour they exhibit, bunch of bed-wetters :)

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:36 - Dec 2 with 2057 viewslowhouseblue

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:27 - Dec 2 by footers

well i'm sure if mcdonnell is quick with the re-introduction of exchange controls - something that he has openly discussed previously - he'll manage to keep some of it.

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:36 - Dec 2 with 2060 viewsWeWereZombies

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:29 - Dec 2 by footers

No? I was ready to hear about their exciting new proposals without mention of Labour :)

It's on the BBC website if you care to look:

8. Freeze train fares
The freeze would apply to all peak-time and season tickets for the next Parliament.

Just after the climate crisis aware:

5. Tax frequent flyers
Those who take the most international flights face a tax rise, while costs would come down for people who take one or two international return flights a year.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:47 - Dec 2 with 2029 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:05 - Dec 2 by bluejacko

So it’s all right for pensioners who are getting over £20k through their hard work and savings to pay an extra £240 I’m sure they won’t miss it will they?

Show me your workings out.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:52 - Dec 2 with 2018 viewsbluejacko

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:47 - Dec 2 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Show me your workings out.

Pay attention! Corbyn had to admit in the AN interview.
Labour's plans for the trains. on 20:23 - Dec 2 with 1999 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:52 - Dec 2 by bluejacko

Pay attention! Corbyn had to admit in the AN interview.

Recorded it and will only watch if Johnson does one! I’m up for paying more. Properly funded public services is where it’s at.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Labour's plans for the trains. on 20:24 - Dec 2 with 1993 viewsMVBlue

If you earn under £80,000 it will cost you nothing extra in tax. If you earn above £80,000, then there will be a small increase in tax in return for making society fairer for those who can't afford it.

Its really quite logical. All those Londoners earning above £80000 but paying exorbitant train fares would certainly save money even though tax would rise.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Labour's plans for the trains. on 20:49 - Dec 2 with 1966 viewsfooters

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:36 - Dec 2 by WeWereZombies

It's on the BBC website if you care to look:

8. Freeze train fares
The freeze would apply to all peak-time and season tickets for the next Parliament.

Just after the climate crisis aware:

5. Tax frequent flyers
Those who take the most international flights face a tax rise, while costs would come down for people who take one or two international return flights a year.

I was just curious as to GB's support for it is all :)

Weird their policy only covers international flight; they don't seem to tax the rich who fly about here in private jets, or people who are well-off enough to spend on domestic flights though. Strange.

Labour's plans for the trains. on 21:05 - Dec 2 with 1951 viewsBloomBlue

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:14 - Dec 2 by BlueBoots

Under Labour's new proposals for income tax, people right at the top end of the new tax band (£125,000pa) will have to pay an extra £43pw. Someone on £85,000pa would be paying an extra £4.80pw - FFS that's barely the price of a pint.

IMHO, anyone earning that much that objects to the cost of a pint per week to help sort out the struggling NHS, Policing and Education is a selfish c-unit and can do one...

But even if you tax those over £80k it's never going to be enough to pay for all these extra benefits, the only option is increase personal tax for everyone.
Which is why I want to know if Labour's train price decrease let's say saves me £100 if that means I'll have to pay an extra £120 in tax then pointless having the reduced fair.
Labour's plans for the trains. on 21:05 - Dec 2 with 1952 viewsWeWereZombies

Labour's plans for the trains. on 20:49 - Dec 2 by footers

I was just curious as to GB's support for it is all :)

Weird their policy only covers international flight; they don't seem to tax the rich who fly about here in private jets, or people who are well-off enough to spend on domestic flights though. Strange.

Not really, the volume is in international flights - both in terms of numbers and distances. Another long overdue policy that they are leading will cut down on police time wasted and allow better quality control of a much misused and misunderstood product:

7. Legalise cannabis
Help to break the grip of the criminal gangs by introducing a legal, regulated market for cannabis.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Labour's plans for the trains. on 21:31 - Dec 2 with 1928 viewssparks

Labour's plans for the trains. on 21:05 - Dec 2 by BloomBlue

But even if you tax those over £80k it's never going to be enough to pay for all these extra benefits, the only option is increase personal tax for everyone.
Which is why I want to know if Labour's train price decrease let's say saves me £100 if that means I'll have to pay an extra £120 in tax then pointless having the reduced fair.

Indeed. And people in the low 100k bracket are already paying a marginal tax rate of 60% plus as a result of tory tax hikes...

The rail plan sounds lovely- but is to be paid for by road fund licence. Which means that the things that are usually paid for by that means will go. The fellow on R4 this morning point blank refused to comment on what might go despite clear examples of major planned projects being offered to him. Which presumably means that either (1) the project cancellations are vote losers; or (2) they havent though it through that far yet.

Actually- option 3 is a massive tax in car tax for all. A distinct possibility I would suggest. So much for a fully costed manifesto.

This isnt even in the manifesto ffs!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Labour's plans for the trains. on 21:38 - Dec 2 with 1904 viewsblueconscience

Do you honestly believe those promises would ever be delivered?

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Labour's plans for the trains. on 21:47 - Dec 2 with 1893 viewsWD19

Labour's plans for the trains. on 19:14 - Dec 2 by BlueBoots

Under Labour's new proposals for income tax, people right at the top end of the new tax band (£125,000pa) will have to pay an extra £43pw. Someone on £85,000pa would be paying an extra £4.80pw - FFS that's barely the price of a pint.

IMHO, anyone earning that much that objects to the cost of a pint per week to help sort out the struggling NHS, Policing and Education is a selfish c-unit and can do one...

If you look at relative tax burden (vs other similar countries) It is actually the middle earners that get away lightest in the UK currently. Bearing in mind the average salary in the UK is somewhere between 25-30k.

That is not a vote winner though. It’s always better if someone else has to pay for the services we want.
Labour's plans for the trains. on 22:06 - Dec 2 with 1865 viewsblueconscience

I have worked and studied hard to earn over the £80,000 threshold following my school failures due to serious illness.

I was working at a petrol station earning near minimum wage, when a customer pulled up in a supercar, it said on his fuel card he worked for Microsoft. I had a nice chat with him and he recommended a technology to learn and for the next 12 months between 1am and 4am when there were very few customers, I self taught what he recommended.

Thanks to him, I am now pretty successful and in constant demand. I didn’t do all that to be expected to pay more than others for people who have decided not to better themselves in some way or another.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Labour's plans for the trains. on 22:12 - Dec 2 with 1854 viewsFunge

Labour's plans for the trains. on 22:06 - Dec 2 by blueconscience

I have worked and studied hard to earn over the £80,000 threshold following my school failures due to serious illness.

I was working at a petrol station earning near minimum wage, when a customer pulled up in a supercar, it said on his fuel card he worked for Microsoft. I had a nice chat with him and he recommended a technology to learn and for the next 12 months between 1am and 4am when there were very few customers, I self taught what he recommended.

Thanks to him, I am now pretty successful and in constant demand. I didn’t do all that to be expected to pay more than others for people who have decided not to better themselves in some way or another.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024