Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who's the best driver on here? 14:30 - Sep 28 with 3335 viewsBrixtonBlue

I've been driving just over 14 years and never had an accident. Well, someone reversed into me while I was stationary in a petrol station, but I don't think that really counts.

Guess it depends how much you drive as well. In the early days it was quite a lot, backwards and forwards from uni to digs, digs to work and digs back home to Essex. Not so much these days, although the odd trip to Essex and Birmingham to visit parents.

Crystal Palace to the Lake District is my furthest drive.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So who's the best driver on here? on 20:40 - Sep 28 with 1032 viewsHARRY10

A previous girlfriend wouldn't get behind the wheel anything but her mini

I knew her as mini driver
So who's the best driver on here? on 20:45 - Sep 28 with 1025 viewsjeera

So who's the best driver on here? on 20:39 - Sep 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yes, I have hit one (on its own that rushed out from a long verge) but it didn't write my car off. I have also come round a corner and found a roe deer on the verge and spooked it but never been surprised by a herd when doing an appropriate speed. I would suggest that if he wrote his car off he probably wasn't doing an appropriate speed for the conditions.

I would say that's unfair without knowing more.

They are sturdy creatures mate and because you got away with it...

I only got away with it because of the snow and I hate reciting this, the poor sod went under the front because it slipped over and of course I couldn't stop immediately. Damage was superficial to the car but I was in a 60mph zone. Had I hit the fecker at 60mph I'd have had problems.

A chap I knew from Ipswich market (many moons ago!) whacked one in his Mercedes 407D and they were built like a battering ram. The van was written off with the whole front smashed in.

They travel in numbers and it's not unusual to have bunch surprise you. They are sheer muscle mate.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2020 20:49]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So who's the best driver on here? on 20:45 - Sep 28 with 1021 viewsBrixtonBlue

So who's the best driver on here? on 17:57 - Sep 28 by Oldsmoker

I've been driving for 40 years.
For the last 25 years I have had...
No speeding convictions
No defective vehicle convictions
No crashes with other vehicles
No driver-only crashes into hedges causing write offs
No Drink Drive convictions
No dangerous driving convictions
No driving without due care and attention convictions
Not been banned from driving

A perfect driver.

Congrats you win!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So who's the best driver on here? on 20:48 - Sep 28 with 1017 viewsjeera

So who's the best driver on here? on 20:45 - Sep 28 by BrixtonBlue

Congrats you win!

He might only go to the shop once a fortnight.

Don't get sucked in.

So who's the best driver on here? on 20:51 - Sep 28 with 1007 viewsJ2BLUE

So who's the best driver on here? on 20:45 - Sep 28 by BrixtonBlue

Congrats you win!

Now hang on a minute. I once irreparably damaged a brick wall without a scratch on my car.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So who's the best driver on here? on 20:58 - Sep 28 with 998 viewsMedwayTractor

So who's the best driver on here? on 17:18 - Sep 28 by BrixtonBlue

Jesus. What a daft cow.

I reckon on every car journey I make I see someone doing something inexplicably daft.

A really minor one this but can anyone explain it - heading on a motorway (to the Lake District the other week) a driver pulls out from the slow lane in front of me (cutting down my stopping distance, but not too bad, I just back off a bit), then they move out into the fast lane. They stay there for a bit, doing the same speed... then move back in front of me, then back into the slow lane again.

Wasn't dangerous or anything, I just thought, "What are they doing?!"

Oh dear. There's no such thing as a slow lane, the speed limit is the same for all lanes.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

So who's the best driver on here? on 20:59 - Sep 28 with 996 viewsRyorry

So who's the best driver on here? on 20:51 - Sep 28 by J2BLUE

Now hang on a minute. I once irreparably damaged a brick wall without a scratch on my car.

I was turning round in a side road in the dark one misty November night, & reversed at low speed into a lamp-post which meant I needed a new light unit. Phoned up the insurance to claim - 3rd or 4th question they asked me was -
"was there any damage to the lamp-post?" I just burst out laughing.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So who's the best driver on here? on 21:02 - Sep 28 with 988 viewsBrixtonBlue

So who's the best driver on here? on 20:58 - Sep 28 by MedwayTractor

Oh dear. There's no such thing as a slow lane, the speed limit is the same for all lanes.

Login to get fewer ads

So who's the best driver on here? on 21:09 - Sep 28 with 976 viewsgiant_stow

That that was your take just goes to show different we all are. Mine was how dangerous and nnoying to pull out like for no reason.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So who's the best driver on here? on 21:17 - Sep 28 with 968 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So who's the best driver on here? on 20:45 - Sep 28 by jeera

I would say that's unfair without knowing more.

They are sturdy creatures mate and because you got away with it...

I only got away with it because of the snow and I hate reciting this, the poor sod went under the front because it slipped over and of course I couldn't stop immediately. Damage was superficial to the car but I was in a 60mph zone. Had I hit the fecker at 60mph I'd have had problems.

A chap I knew from Ipswich market (many moons ago!) whacked one in his Mercedes 407D and they were built like a battering ram. The van was written off with the whole front smashed in.

They travel in numbers and it's not unusual to have bunch surprise you. They are sheer muscle mate.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2020 20:49]

But my point is you were doing 20 because of the conditions.

Don't get me wrong I have driven at 60 where if I had been confronted with the same round the corner I would have come a cropper. My point, though, is I shouldn't really have been doing 60 round a corner in a wooded area renowned for deer without being able to see what is ahead. Whilst most, if not all of us, have done it I would suggest we shouldn't be. A national speed limit does not mean every part of said road is safe do 60 along.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So who's the best driver on here? on 21:18 - Sep 28 with 963 viewsNthsuffolkblue

True it is not a slow lane. However the other two lanes are overtaking lanes and should only be used for passing traffic or where all traffic is stuck doing the same speed.

So who's the best driver on here? on 21:25 - Sep 28 with 950 viewsNthsuffolkblue

No speeding convictions

A perfect driver.

I could tick off everything on your list except that someone went into the back of me.

However, I have driven into stationary objects that are not hedges including one that wrote a car off! I have also been pulled over by police on at least 2 occasions to be spoken to about my driving (one of these I believe unfairly and the other for speeding where I don't believe he had the evidence but knew I had been).

I have also never had any points on my licence. It sounds a carefully constructed list!

So who's the best driver on here? on 21:34 - Sep 28 with 937 viewsBrixtonBlue

So who's the best driver on here? on 21:09 - Sep 28 by giant_stow

That that was your take just goes to show different we all are. Mine was how dangerous and nnoying to pull out like for no reason.

I think Medway was making a joke TBF, after what Jeera (I think) said earlier in the thread.

So who's the best driver on here? on 21:36 - Sep 28 with 932 viewsRyorry

So who's the best driver on here? on 21:17 - Sep 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

But my point is you were doing 20 because of the conditions.

Don't get me wrong I have driven at 60 where if I had been confronted with the same round the corner I would have come a cropper. My point, though, is I shouldn't really have been doing 60 round a corner in a wooded area renowned for deer without being able to see what is ahead. Whilst most, if not all of us, have done it I would suggest we shouldn't be. A national speed limit does not mean every part of said road is safe do 60 along.

Since being first on scene after man + car went into ditch on local road one night after crashing into a cow that had got out of its field, I do now actually drive as though there's some obstruction that I can't see round every bend (not necessarily a cow!).

If anyone remembers the training 'think'! ads for motorcyclists, that's also what they advise.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2020 21:37]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So who's the best driver on here? on 21:41 - Sep 28 with 920 viewsJ2BLUE

So who's the best driver on here? on 21:34 - Sep 28 by BrixtonBlue

I think Medway was making a joke TBF, after what Jeera (I think) said earlier in the thread.

You'll have to forgive ullaa, he's slightly less bright than a 2003 energy saving bulb.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So who's the best driver on here? on 21:50 - Sep 28 with 909 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

No speeding convictions

A perfect driver.

Not sure mobility scooters count.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So who's the best driver on here? on 21:55 - Sep 28 with 901 viewsHARRY10

While driving near Lakenheath air base many years ago I knocked down what I thought was a small deer. I got out to check and it was not a deer but what looked to be a very large hare.

Within what seemed less than a minute a very large US airforce pickup pulled up behind me and a voice from a loudspeaker told me to stay where I was, and not move.

Two men got out, and began to question what I was doing parked so close to the base. I showed then the hare, and explained what had happened - whereby one of them went to the truck and got some aerosol can from the truck and sprayed it on the animal.

Almost immediately it started shaking, then stood up and took to its heels disappearing across the field. A bit worried I asked what that stuff was he had used

" hare restorer son, hare restorer" came the reply.
So who's the best driver on here? on 21:59 - Sep 28 with 893 viewsjeera

So who's the best driver on here? on 21:34 - Sep 28 by BrixtonBlue

That or I was simply right.

I like being right.

Let's go with that.

So who's the best driver on here? on 22:01 - Sep 28 with 888 viewsjeera

So who's the best driver on here? on 21:55 - Sep 28 by HARRY10

While driving near Lakenheath air base many years ago I knocked down what I thought was a small deer. I got out to check and it was not a deer but what looked to be a very large hare.

Within what seemed less than a minute a very large US airforce pickup pulled up behind me and a voice from a loudspeaker told me to stay where I was, and not move.

Two men got out, and began to question what I was doing parked so close to the base. I showed then the hare, and explained what had happened - whereby one of them went to the truck and got some aerosol can from the truck and sprayed it on the animal.

Almost immediately it started shaking, then stood up and took to its heels disappearing across the field. A bit worried I asked what that stuff was he had used

" hare restorer son, hare restorer" came the reply.

You fecker!

So who's the best driver on here? on 22:45 - Sep 28 with 868 viewsElderGrizzly

I’ve been trained to drive in a way to escape kidnappers/terrorists
So who's the best driver on here? on 22:48 - Sep 28 with 868 viewseireblue

So who's the best driver on here? on 22:45 - Sep 28 by ElderGrizzly

I’ve been trained to drive in a way to escape kidnappers/terrorists

I have always guessed, away from.

Am I right?
So who's the best driver on here? on 00:28 - Sep 29 with 835 viewsNewcyBlue

So who's the best driver on here? on 17:21 - Sep 28 by hampstead_blue

How many accidents have you seen in your rear view mirror? ;-)

You don't drive far do you. That's a pretty short distance. Nothing into Europe?

I've been driving legally for 30 years but all in for 36.
Accidents? A couple but none whilst I was moving or driving.

Was in the passenger seat of an Audi which rolled. It landed back on it's wheels and we all walked out of that one.
Our Volvo XC60 had someone shunted into the front whilst we were stationary. Smashed the front but totalled the Focus. We all walked away.

I drive fast cars a lot of the time. SVR Jags mainly. Have a Prodrive Impreza which is my daily and am looking at a Ferrari or Aston next summer.
I'll also be doing my basic ARDS course sometime next year hopefully getting a race licence after. I want to run something in historic racing.

I drove through Europe when I was living in my Mondeo.

That was a great winter, ended up in Rotterdam at a mates flat.

Spent time in France, Belgium, and Germany before going to Rotterdam.

The SVR Jags are wonderful cars. Have you had a go in a Project 7 or Project 8? I have an XFS and it’s a hell of a drive. Unfortunately we can’t get 3 kids seats in the back!

I saw you could get a used DB9 for around £35k a couple of years back, we have said when the kids are older we are going to treat ourselves.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

So who's the best driver on here? on 00:41 - Sep 29 with 834 viewsbritbiker

So who's the best driver on here? on 20:24 - Sep 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

"Not caused any accidents" so you were driving at an appropriate speed when the herd of deer all suddenly rushed into the road out of nowhere?

I was the last vehicle in a group of about ten vehicles going no more than 20 mph. About twelve deer sprinted through the hedge accross the road.

The last and biggest one hit me, taking out the side panels and windscreen. Fortunately it then hit a lorry on the other side of the road killing it outright. Bad enough wiping me out, but would have hated seeing it badly injured and dying a slow death. I have been confronted by a deer and a loose horse in the road twice since then and always drive in anticipation of there being something round the next bend.

Annoyingly the car was one I rented from a friend whilst waiting for the claim to be sorted from the previous wipe out by the women crossing the 't' junction towards a field opposite despite telling the police that she knew the road well.

The sleeping driver hit me several times whilst I was stopped at traffic lights in a queue. He had his foot on the accelerator and bounced me into the lorry in front a couple of times while he woke. He hadn't been drinking but had his kids with him. Virtually no damage to his car but left mine looking like one of those circus clown cars with bits dropping off front and back.

The mashed potato was whist on my motorbike during summer. I came round a bend and the road was covered a foot high for 50 metres in what looked like snow. Turned out a farm lorry had offloaded its full load of potatoe pig swill. I didn't stand a chance. I had to claim off the farm union. The farmer tried to claim he warned me to stop, which was a lie as he was round the next bend out of sight.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 1:06]
So who's the best driver on here? on 06:45 - Sep 29 with 795 viewsOldsmoker

So who's the best driver on here? on 20:48 - Sep 28 by jeera

He might only go to the shop once a fortnight.

Don't get sucked in.

It's lockdown so of course I only do the 1 mile journey to Morissons every fortnight.
I did 250 miles MOT to MOT last year and 400 the year before that.
I need the car as my lungs are all smoked out.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

So who's the best driver on here? on 06:49 - Sep 29 with 790 viewsOldsmoker

So who's the best driver on here? on 21:50 - Sep 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

Not sure mobility scooters count.

It's a motability Fiesta.
It's the best car ever for just one thing - the disabled driver sticker.
Front row parking for this old git.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024