Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit 08:44 - Aug 16 with 8011 viewsUppaTowen78

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/its-just-dream-true-l
Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 13:35 - Aug 16 with 1851 viewsdirtyboy

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 13:27 - Aug 16 by itfcjoe

Surely good to follow those we have a significant financial stake in them doing well with a sell on?

Yeah, I would still like to see every player who leaves do okay, just good manners to wish people well.

It's good for ITFC in general if you see ex-players in the top flight, Cressy, Mings, McG (recently) shows we can be a good platform at some point in a career to attract players.
Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 14:00 - Aug 16 with 1809 viewsArnieM

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 08:56 - Aug 16 by ParisBlue

"At Ipswich, sometimes we used to move the ball but it was so slow, so there was no purpose in it. This has got purpose and it’s a pleasure."

Quite...

Should have stayed under the new regime … it’ll move quick enough for him now !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 14:03 - Aug 16 with 1800 viewsHerbivore

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 14:00 - Aug 16 by ArnieM

Should have stayed under the new regime … it’ll move quick enough for him now !

I imagine he's not too unhappy about moving the ball quicker in a higher division to be fair.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 14:04 - Aug 16 with 1798 viewsreusersfreekicks

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 11:49 - Aug 16 by J2BLUE

Just another play to me now. I have no interest in following his career. I wish him well but honestly, I can't say I care either way anymore.

It's nothing he has done. He just won't be someone I keep an eye on after they leave us.

Afraid I tend to follow players who have left after being here for a while and hope that they do well.
This narrative (not mentioned by you) that they are all lazy and downed tools is nonsense.
Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 14:15 - Aug 16 with 1775 viewsJ2BLUE

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 13:27 - Aug 16 by itfcjoe

Surely good to follow those we have a significant financial stake in them doing well with a sell on?

Yea, very good point. Didn't consider that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 15:16 - Aug 16 with 1718 viewsbluehook

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 11:26 - Aug 16 by Steve_M

Never in any danger of getting sent off during that season either. And the main reason he didn't do much last season was because he was injured.

The revisionism elsewhere on this thread is just where we are at the moment I think. Good move for him though, I'll be interested to see how well he does at Swansea.

He asked for a transfer twice. He didn’t want to stay at Town.
I don’t care if I never hear of him again.
I’m being completely truthful here - I never rated him.
Skinny little kid trying to be a hard man, and he was never anywhere convincing in that role.
Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 15:59 - Aug 16 with 1675 viewsHARRY10

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 09:12 - Aug 16 by SitfcB

When asked what happened at Portman Road, Downes responded: "Honestly, I wish I could tell you.

Why doesn’t he then?

And he told Cook he wanted to leave yet was surprised he was in the U23s

It will be the confidentiality clause in his contract

That's why there has never been any comment from previous managers/players etc

(I thought this was common knowledge)
Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 16:05 - Aug 16 with 1664 viewsPositivelyPortman

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 15:16 - Aug 16 by bluehook

He asked for a transfer twice. He didn’t want to stay at Town.
I don’t care if I never hear of him again.
I’m being completely truthful here - I never rated him.
Skinny little kid trying to be a hard man, and he was never anywhere convincing in that role.

I totally agree with this view.
He always appeared to be a bit of a wimp, desperately trying to emulate a Roy Keane kind of midfield enforcer. 😂

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Login to get fewer ads

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 16:46 - Aug 16 with 1621 viewsBlueBadger

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 10:24 - Aug 16 by Herbivore

Lots of sour grapes on this thread. Weird.

It's really weird how a section of our fans are massively invested in seeing our youth players(regardless of whether they're still here or not) fail.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 17:04 - Aug 16 with 1577 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 16:46 - Aug 16 by BlueBadger

It's really weird how a section of our fans are massively invested in seeing our youth players(regardless of whether they're still here or not) fail.

Just like yourself. Equally weird that you are massively invested in seeing Toto Nsiala make mistakes.
Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 17:24 - Aug 16 with 1557 viewsSitfcB

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 12:12 - Aug 16 by Darth_Koont

Isn’t that more him saying that he’s at a loss to explain it?

He can join everyone else then as it made no sense that players like Downes and Dozzell couldn’t perform and became symptomatic of the problem rather than the solution.

Bit like the Jewell era, it felt clear that we were missing a direction but surprising that so many who had performed in the Championship (or in League One before) just couldn’t get a grip on playing as an Ipswich team in League One.

No because he said about ‘two sides to every story’ in his Instagram post.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 17:32 - Aug 16 with 1545 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 11:53 - Aug 16 by timothyeo

It's a shame, if he was still here he'd comfortably be our best midfielder.

Wish him well at Swansea, seems a good fit for him.

I’ve said all along that he will be the one that got away. Has wanted to move on for some time and a big part of that is the complete mismanagement of him and the club. Thought he looked every bit the top end Championship midfielder the other night when he slotted in for Swansea having only joined a couple of days before against a very decent side just relegated from the Premier League.

We move on and let’s hope we have a significant sell on.
Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 17:36 - Aug 16 with 1532 viewsMattinLondon

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 10:00 - Aug 16 by Hipsterectomy

I saw him play for Swansea on Saturday and he didn't do much. At one point he was arguing with the ref for a free kick when he tripped and the Sky commentators were joking about his aggression

I wish him all the best and hope he plays extremely well - I’m assuming that we have a sell-on clause and so if he goes for a lot more than what we sold him for then we’ll get some more cash.

He’ll have to curb his aggression though as I’m sure opposition managers and players will cotton on quickly that he is easy to wind-up. If I were a professional footballer, and was playing against him, I’m pretty sure I could get him at least yellow carded.
Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 17:37 - Aug 16 with 1532 viewsVic

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 12:12 - Aug 16 by Darth_Koont

Isn’t that more him saying that he’s at a loss to explain it?

He can join everyone else then as it made no sense that players like Downes and Dozzell couldn’t perform and became symptomatic of the problem rather than the solution.

Bit like the Jewell era, it felt clear that we were missing a direction but surprising that so many who had performed in the Championship (or in League One before) just couldn’t get a grip on playing as an Ipswich team in League One.

That’s how I read it.

Do they really put confidentiality clauses in player contracts? Cant believe they’d even know what it meant? (The players that is!)

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 19:22 - Aug 16 with 1462 viewsBlueBadger

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 17:04 - Aug 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

Just like yourself. Equally weird that you are massively invested in seeing Toto Nsiala make mistakes.

Imagine spending years decrying people praising up 'rubbish' players(who've gone to clubs division higher than us) and a lack of ambition and also championing Toto whilst also

I mean, he seems like a nice chap, but he's a terrible footballer.

You're a fascinating contradiction Mach, we should go for a beer sometime.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 19:26]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 20:00 - Aug 16 with 1426 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 19:22 - Aug 16 by BlueBadger

Imagine spending years decrying people praising up 'rubbish' players(who've gone to clubs division higher than us) and a lack of ambition and also championing Toto whilst also

I mean, he seems like a nice chap, but he's a terrible footballer.

You're a fascinating contradiction Mach, we should go for a beer sometime.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 19:26]

I'm not championing Toto. Just saying that you have a weird obsession in scrutinising and scapegoating him whereas he is a good, decent central back at this level.

Imagine spending years praising up some players like you did while them players had been embarrassing the club on the pitch. They took us down without a fight, add to this two miserable years in League One but it's obvious who in your opinion would be free of criticism. That beer which you have mentioned and listening to your football theories would be a comedy gold
Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 20:03 - Aug 16 with 1417 viewstimothyeo

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 13:34 - Aug 16 by Vic

I wish him well too, but cannot agree that he’d be our best midfielder if he was still here. He’d have a very healthy scrap on his hands for a starting place - just as he has at SWFC.

For me personally he would be the best midfielder. Those weve signed are good players but neither wanted in the championship by a team of Swansea standard.
Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 21:34 - Aug 16 with 1359 viewsGarv

Evans' showing against Morecambe would suggest otherwise, in my opinion.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 21:35 - Aug 16 with 1360 viewsBLUEBEAT

I genuinely don’t think he will make it now.

Swansea will be his biggest move.

Both how Ipswich played/dealt with him and how he managed himself during this time has saturated into his deep-rooted belief and overall mentality.

I am not a doctor.

Poll: W or W

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 00:12 - Aug 17 with 1279 viewsreusersfreekicks

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 21:35 - Aug 16 by BLUEBEAT

I genuinely don’t think he will make it now.

Swansea will be his biggest move.

Both how Ipswich played/dealt with him and how he managed himself during this time has saturated into his deep-rooted belief and overall mentality.

I am not a doctor.

Clearly and thank goodness for that
Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 00:27 - Aug 17 with 1272 viewstimothyeo

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 21:34 - Aug 16 by Garv

Evans' showing against Morecambe would suggest otherwise, in my opinion.

I think Downes playing well against a just relegated prem team is incomparable to playing well in League One against a team playing in the third tier for the first time ever.
Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 07:19 - Aug 17 with 1188 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 07:26 - Aug 17 with 1183 viewsHerbivore

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 07:19 - Aug 17 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

I don't think it's that big a statement, given Downes is now playing for a top end Championship club whilst our midfielders are plying their trade for us in League 1.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 7:26]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 07:45 - Aug 17 with 1154 viewschrismakin

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 20:03 - Aug 16 by timothyeo

For me personally he would be the best midfielder. Those weve signed are good players but neither wanted in the championship by a team of Swansea standard.

Let's wait on see on the player front. We don't know yet how downes will get on

Dozzell started well at QPR..but couple games in and their fans are already split just like ours were, so let's see how downes get on.

I liked Downes. However his heads been away from PR for to long.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 07:46 - Aug 17 with 1155 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Flynn opens up a bit here about Ipswich exit on 20:00 - Aug 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

I'm not championing Toto. Just saying that you have a weird obsession in scrutinising and scapegoating him whereas he is a good, decent central back at this level.

Imagine spending years praising up some players like you did while them players had been embarrassing the club on the pitch. They took us down without a fight, add to this two miserable years in League One but it's obvious who in your opinion would be free of criticism. That beer which you have mentioned and listening to your football theories would be a comedy gold

He is far from a good/decent centre back for a team trying to go up.. Consistently makes game changing mistakes - if he attacks the long ball rather than letting it bounce for Morecambe’s first goal at PR, we don’t concede. Now there were other opportunities to prevent that goal but he so often puts us on the back foot - be that with his poor judgement, or poor ability on the ball. Should be nowhere near a team trying to play the “right” way and get out of this division, and let’s face it, he won’t play a meaningful part for us going forward.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024