Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Penney doing really well 16:06 - Sep 29 with 2210 viewsIllinoisblue

I know he’s supposed to be the back up to Coulson but think he’s done an excellent job. His pass to Celina to help set up the 4th goal was inch perfect (even though Doncaster didn’t seem bothered about defending that side).

Be interesting to see what happens when Coulson is fit. And with JD comfortably keeping KVY out on the other side, we have tremendous options at full back.

And both Edmundson and Burgess have shades of no-nonsense centre back play about them. In the mould of a Linighan or a De Vos.

Promotions are built on solid foundations.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Matt Penney doing really well on 16:09 - Sep 29 with 2167 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If he continues to do well then the shirt is his to lose.

Coulson shouldnt just come back in (and I dont think he will). If our own man is doing a good job, I'd always rather have them ahead of a loanee.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Matt Penney doing really well on 16:13 - Sep 29 with 2142 viewsDarth_Koont

He’s really benefitting from a settled defence. He’s not the best defender but looks much calmer now – and he is very good when he’s freed up to attack from deep.

Hopefully, we’ll see the same from KVY when he gets a chance.

Pronouns: He/Him

Matt Penney doing really well on 16:23 - Sep 29 with 2064 viewspositivity

Matt Penney doing really well on 16:13 - Sep 29 by Darth_Koont

He’s really benefitting from a settled defence. He’s not the best defender but looks much calmer now – and he is very good when he’s freed up to attack from deep.

Hopefully, we’ll see the same from KVY when he gets a chance.

i like donacien, but when morsy and evans have the midfield working properly, there'll be more license for a kvy-type at full-back

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Matt Penney doing really well on 16:24 - Sep 29 with 2049 viewsfranz_tyson

Thought he had a shaky first ten minutes, but recovered well.

Good competition at LB. Both these guys weren’t really established players from previous clubs so hopefully the competition will push them on.
I think Coulson is likely to be ahead of Penney in Cook’s mind, but I’d keep Penney there for the time being.
Matt Penney doing really well on 16:26 - Sep 29 with 2032 viewsGarv

I don't see why Penney should lose his place because he's had a good season so far, but admittedly I've not seen Coulson.

Penney's been such a driving force as seen last night. Needs to improve his final ball but the fact that he gets into a crossing position (unless fouled) so often is a plus in itself.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Matt Penney doing really well on 16:34 - Sep 29 with 1967 viewsDarth_Koont

Matt Penney doing really well on 16:23 - Sep 29 by positivity

i like donacien, but when morsy and evans have the midfield working properly, there'll be more license for a kvy-type at full-back

Probably. I know Donnie weren’t great shakes but a lot was still down to Morsy putting out fires around halfway.

Certainly our defence hasn’t had such a comfortable game all season with him protecting them.

Pronouns: He/Him

Matt Penney doing really well on 16:40 - Sep 29 with 1923 viewsMetal_Hacker

Have to agree and think after the first ten mins he looked very good going forward

I also like the look of Coulson in all fairness but us Penney continues the way he is , he stays in the starting XI for me

Quite remarkable actually as well as we're debating whether it should be Penney or Coulson when a certain Mr Kenlock has fallen off the face of the earth - both are more than a marginal upgrade too

Poll: If it were one or the other

Matt Penney doing really well on 16:49 - Sep 29 with 1869 viewshype313

I think he has been excellent, almost unfortunate to lose his place just as we signed Coulson, it's his shirt to lose now.

All we need is for KVY to get himself back up to speed and we have brilliant options at both full backs

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Penney doing really well on 16:51 - Sep 29 with 1857 viewstextbackup

I might be wrong, but his crossing (2nd half especially) didn’t seemed to pull up any trees.
Hitting first man each time.
Compare that to the ball in for the bonne header vs Lincoln.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Matt Penney doing really well on 17:11 - Sep 29 with 1778 viewsSomethingBlue

He's capable and has a nice left foot. Supports attacks well. I'd put him a notch behind Coulson but am very much in the camp of "not worried if he has to play instead".

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Matt Penney doing really well on 17:28 - Sep 29 with 1710 viewswkj

I have to admit that I have preferred Penney over Coulsen anyhow, so I hope he continues to do the business.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Matt Penney doing really well on 17:42 - Sep 29 with 1676 viewskizaitfc

Played very well after a very shakey first ten, didnt seem to cope with the wet pitch with balls bouncing off his boot each time.

After that he was excellent, I had to laugh at how often he hits the deck, but won free kicks in very dangerous positions.

I dont think there is much in it between Coulson and Penny, Coulson probably slightly better going forwards but very happy with the either playing

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Matt Penney doing really well on 17:48 - Sep 29 with 1639 viewsOldboy

We finally have a proper squad. Decent cover in every position.
Matt Penney doing really well on 12:32 - Oct 8 with 1204 viewsMarkoW1

Matt Penney doing really well on 16:26 - Sep 29 by Garv

I don't see why Penney should lose his place because he's had a good season so far, but admittedly I've not seen Coulson.

Penney's been such a driving force as seen last night. Needs to improve his final ball but the fact that he gets into a crossing position (unless fouled) so often is a plus in itself.

Think there’s more to come from Penney
I reckon he’ll be a great free signing
Matt Penney doing really well on 12:34 - Oct 8 with 1193 viewschrismakin

He's OK

Attention from Accrington was again about cb and gk. But very little on Penney not closing down the crosser..

It's all well and good attacking and looking dangerous but those things lead to goals against and its something hes guilty of in the past. Tighten that up and his overall game will be strong.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Matt Penney doing really well on 12:55 - Oct 8 with 1133 viewstrncbluearmy

Matt Penney doing really well on 12:34 - Oct 8 by chrismakin

He's OK

Attention from Accrington was again about cb and gk. But very little on Penney not closing down the crosser..

It's all well and good attacking and looking dangerous but those things lead to goals against and its something hes guilty of in the past. Tighten that up and his overall game will be strong.

with you on this, think some need to look at the Accrington goals again

Coulson can`t come back quick enough for me
Matt Penney doing really well on 13:15 - Oct 8 with 1092 viewsWickets

Matt Penney doing really well on 12:55 - Oct 8 by trncbluearmy

with you on this, think some need to look at the Accrington goals again

Coulson can`t come back quick enough for me

Yes Penny must do better than he did for Accrington's winner for me .
Matt Penney doing really well on 13:34 - Oct 8 with 1056 viewschicoazul

Our defence does look….good? Certainly since Bolton. Ed and Burg look solid and as you say the full backs are very decent.

What MUST happen now is the midfield duo need to function properly. They are the key to everything this team does - defensive strategy turnovers counter attacks getting the ball to the wide players- Evans and Morsy know each other they know Cook they know the system and they now need to deliver. If they work the team works.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Matt Penney doing really well on 20:21 - Oct 9 with 795 viewsMarkoW1

Matt Penney doing really well on 17:28 - Sep 29 by wkj

I have to admit that I have preferred Penney over Coulsen anyhow, so I hope he continues to do the business.

Me too.
Coulson too injury prone and not fit
Matt Penney doing really well on 21:08 - Oct 9 with 678 viewsBloomBlue

Agree thought he had a good game, 1st goal came from his cross, while the 2nd was from a corner it was his attacking which won the corner.

It will be interesting when Coulson gets fit, I've not been overly impressed with Coulson's defending so far although I'm not sure he's been fully fit yet
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024