Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Ladapo miss at the end 18:55 - Feb 18 with 4736 viewsDubtractor

Remarkable! Good job it was an irrelevance.

Good overall performance today, albeit a bit of an odd game as the gulf between the teams was huge, but we really are too wasteful aren't we?

Main observation - whenever they are fit we absolutely have to get Chaplin and Broadhead in the starting lineup.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

That Ladapo miss at the end on 09:57 - Feb 20 with 863 viewsclive_baker

That Ladapo miss at the end on 07:43 - Feb 20 by jayessess

There's no striker in the world that doesn't miss chances (check out a couple of the absolute sitters Haaland missed at the weekend).

Quite. If he stuck every chance away he wouldn't be playing for us.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

That Ladapo miss at the end on 10:00 - Feb 20 with 850 viewsfallyblue

Was it as bad as Chaplins penalty miss against Sheffield Wednesday
That Ladapo miss at the end on 10:18 - Feb 20 with 804 viewssoupytwist

That Ladapo miss at the end on 01:26 - Feb 20 by berkstractorboy

Can't we just have a striker who can hit the target from 4 yards out in front of goal regardless of whether he has or hasn't scored in this game or any of his previous 10 games. He does an awful lot well and works hard most of the time, but what we actually need him to do is score those chances or at very worst make the keeper make a save

I was up the other end at the time but saw it on the highlights. He was clearly trying to steer the ball into the right hand corner of the goal as he looked at it. It wasn't too far off.

He could have gone for the middle of the goal and made the keeper save it. Outcome would have been the same.
That Ladapo miss at the end on 10:44 - Feb 20 with 756 viewsjayessess

That Ladapo miss at the end on 09:29 - Feb 20 by berkstractorboy

I've not seen Haaland's but did he miss the target completely? I know the point you are making but to miss the goal completely from that close!

Blazed the ball well over from very close in, with his food as well which should be easier to control!

It was a bad miss but it happens. Since Freddie scored his first league goal for us, he's scored 11 goals from 53 shots, which is really really good.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

That Ladapo miss at the end on 10:50 - Feb 20 with 750 viewsHerbivore

That Ladapo miss at the end on 10:44 - Feb 20 by jayessess

Blazed the ball well over from very close in, with his food as well which should be easier to control!

It was a bad miss but it happens. Since Freddie scored his first league goal for us, he's scored 11 goals from 53 shots, which is really really good.

Yep, just better than one in five is a good conversion rate. People have quite unrealistic expectations at times of what a striker's conversion rate should be. As a team we do need to be a bit more clinical but I don't think Freddie is the biggest of our worries in that department, we miss chances from all over.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

That Ladapo miss at the end on 11:31 - Feb 20 with 686 viewsfarkenhell

That Ladapo miss at the end on 10:44 - Feb 20 by jayessess

He was eating at the same time? No wonder he missed!
That Ladapo miss at the end on 19:32 - Feb 20 with 591 viewsBramidan

That Ladapo miss at the end on 10:18 - Feb 20 by soupytwist

I was up the other end at the time but saw it on the highlights. He was clearly trying to steer the ball into the right hand corner of the goal as he looked at it. It wasn't too far off.

He could have gone for the middle of the goal and made the keeper save it. Outcome would have been the same.

The blokes supposed to be scorer, a professional and he misses a sitter.
I know this is League 1 but it wasn’t that difficult was it, no boots in his face.
That Ladapo miss at the end on 22:42 - Feb 20 with 522 viewsberkstractorboy

That Ladapo miss at the end on 10:18 - Feb 20 by soupytwist

What a possible follow up tap in, cleared for a corner, is that the same as a goal kick?

I get he is L1 and not going to score every chance which is why he is at this level, but I think you are all making excuses and you know he should hit the target. Now this is not anti Freddie at all I think he works incredibly hard for the team.
Login to get fewer ads

That Ladapo miss at the end on 01:12 - Feb 21 with 495 viewsITFC_History

Sort off on the same subject.

The Harewood miss against Oxford in 1999.

That Ladapo miss at the end on 05:52 - Feb 21 with 475 viewsDubtractor

That Ladapo miss at the end on 22:42 - Feb 20 by berkstractorboy

What a possible follow up tap in, cleared for a corner, is that the same as a goal kick?

I get he is L1 and not going to score every chance which is why he is at this level, but I think you are all making excuses and you know he should hit the target. Now this is not anti Freddie at all I think he works incredibly hard for the team.

This.

And to repeat that point, my OP wasn't intended to attack Freddie, I like him as a player and he offers us a lot that we've missed in recent seasons, plus he's looking good for a 20 goal season, but even he'd admit that was a shocker of a miss.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

That Ladapo miss at the end on 08:09 - Feb 21 with 399 viewsArchiRob

That Ladapo miss at the end on 05:52 - Feb 21 by Dubtractor

This.

And to repeat that point, my OP wasn't intended to attack Freddie, I like him as a player and he offers us a lot that we've missed in recent seasons, plus he's looking good for a 20 goal season, but even he'd admit that was a shocker of a miss.

Relax I think Ipswich fans can be overly sensitive at times which is probably why Sutton loves baiting us

Poll: What best describes Norwich defeat

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024