Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? 16:04 - Apr 22 with 4153 viewsBlueBadger

Rules: player must be properly rubbish and have played at least 5 matches for us.

Norris
Edwards Nsiala Ingarmarsson O'Dea
Martin Coke Douglas
Lisbie Priskin J. Roberts

Man: Lambert
Ass Man : Keane

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 16:37 - Apr 22 with 2559 viewsSwansea_Blue

'The Duke' is a lucky man to not be on that list.

We've had so much crap over ME's time, it's almost impossible to pin it down to an 11.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 16:42 - Apr 22 with 2551 viewsIpswichKnight

Seriously Leon Best is no up front for that starting XI that perfomance at Lincoln was probably the worst performance from a Town striker in 20 years and it's a very very low bar that.
Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 16:43 - Apr 22 with 2546 viewsBlueBadger

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 16:42 - Apr 22 by IpswichKnight

Seriously Leon Best is no up front for that starting XI that perfomance at Lincoln was probably the worst performance from a Town striker in 20 years and it's a very very low bar that.

God, I think my memory had scabbed over him in self-defence.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 16:49 - Apr 22 with 2540 viewsBlueBadger

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 16:37 - Apr 22 by Swansea_Blue

'The Duke' is a lucky man to not be on that list.

We've had so much crap over ME's time, it's almost impossible to pin it down to an 11.

You probably probably make a worst XI comprised exclusively of Keane or Jewell or Hurst/Lambert players in all fairness. I was trying to get a spread across the whole era.

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 17:28 - Apr 22 with 2499 viewsChurchman

Lee-Barrett
Ingamarsson, Kenlock, Spence, Edwards
Douglas, Coke, Skuse
Ellington, Ewbanks-Blake, Nouble
Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 17:42 - Apr 22 with 2482 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 17:28 - Apr 22 by Churchman

Lee-Barrett
Douglas, Coke, Skuse

Skuse. That's dim.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 17:58 - Apr 22 with 2459 viewsfactual_blue

How did you find out that Mr Keane is an 'Ass Man'?

Or don't we want to know?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 18:00 - Apr 22 with 2456 viewsGeoffSentence

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 17:28 - Apr 22 by Churchman

Lee-Barrett
Douglas, Coke, Skuse

No,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no.

ALB should not be there.

Just no.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 18:04 - Apr 22 with 2445 viewsBlueBadger

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 18:00 - Apr 22 by GeoffSentence

No,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no.

ALB should not be there.

Just no.

He wasn't very good, but nowhere near as bad as Norris.

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 18:07 - Apr 22 with 2438 viewsPecker

It is easier to do a best 11. Much shorter list.
Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 18:13 - Apr 22 with 2430 viewsfactual_blue

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 16:43 - Apr 22 by BlueBadger

Glad to see Mr Lee Bowyer didn't make your selection.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 18:20 - Apr 22 with 2425 viewsChurchman

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 17:42 - Apr 22 by Terry_Nutkins

Skuse. That's dim.

Dim? That’s harsh....but fair.

Actually, I just threw Skuse in for a laugh. I’ll sub him with Digby for now. And Roberts for Nouble. Dear old Frank had no idea where he was but he made me laugh and wasn’t trying to steal a living like some of them.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 18:25]
Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 18:53 - Apr 22 with 2398 viewsBlueBadger

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 18:07 - Apr 22 by Pecker

It is easier to do a best 11. Much shorter list.

1. Tommy Smith
2. Tommy Smith
3. Tommy Smith
4. Tommy Smith
5. Tommy Smith
6. Tommy Smith
7. Tommy Smith
8. Tommy Smith
9. Tommy Smith
10. Tommy Smith
11. Tommy Smith

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 20:15 - Apr 22 with 2341 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I've forgotten most of the terrible players who've somehow found their way into Town's books over the last 11 or 12 years. There must be 50 of them. One I do remember was Toure, remember him? Leon Best was no good, apparently he looked like Drogba when he was on trial.

Danny Higginbotham was well past it when he was at Town. However the worst must be Nathan Ellington. He was great at Wigan with Jason Roberts but by the time he rocked up at PR it was time to hang up the boots.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 20:23 - Apr 22 with 2331 viewsIpswichKnight

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 16:43 - Apr 22 by BlueBadger

In which case I apologise for bringing it up again! Ellington also put in sone pretty rancid displays as well. Most of our utter garbage up front came when Mick played 1 up front and we could be playing still against no opposition and we would still struggle to score.
Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 20:31 - Apr 22 with 2316 viewsDubtractor

Norris
Donacien Nsiala Ingimarrson Kenlock
Coke Douglas Nolan
Bajner Toure Martin

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 20:40 - Apr 22 with 2309 viewsMach_foreignBlue

This is impossible and too difficult to choose just 11. We've had a ridiculous amount of awful players throughout the years therefore I've gone for two 11's. The football match between the worst ever Ipswich players under the Evans era.

The first 11 is:
Norris
Spence , Ingimarsson , O'Dea , Balkestein
Gleeson , Coke , Toure , Martin
Ellington , Bajner.

Against this one:
Loach
Hewitt , Sonko, T. Brown , Thatcher
Stevenson , Bru , Huws
Best , P.Taylor , Nouble

-----

If it came to the tournament between these kind of ITFC 11's I could easily pick up the third 11 ;) Too much s**t has been representing the club.
Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 20:47 - Apr 22 with 2299 viewsDubtractor

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 20:40 - Apr 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

This is impossible and too difficult to choose just 11. We've had a ridiculous amount of awful players throughout the years therefore I've gone for two 11's. The football match between the worst ever Ipswich players under the Evans era.

The first 11 is:
Norris
Ellington , Bajner.

Against this one:
Loach
Stevenson , Bru , Huws
Best , P.Taylor , Nouble

-----

If it came to the tournament between these kind of ITFC 11's I could easily pick up the third 11 ;) Too much s**t has been representing the club.

I'd take issue with Bru - perfectly decent for a freeby, albeit no world beater, and Huws who was decent enough on loan.

Otherwise that is a full squad of absolute dross.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 22:34 - Apr 22 with 2241 viewsmidastouch

O'Dea was often an accident waiting to happen. I think O'Dear would of been a more appropriate name for him.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 07:54 - Apr 23 with 2150 viewsWickwar_Blue

I genuinely forgot Giles Coke existed had no idea who you were talking about!
Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 07:59 - Apr 23 with 2145 viewsSharkey

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 18:20 - Apr 22 by Churchman

Dim? That’s harsh....but fair.

Actually, I just threw Skuse in for a laugh. I’ll sub him with Digby for now. And Roberts for Nouble. Dear old Frank had no idea where he was but he made me laugh and wasn’t trying to steal a living like some of them.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 18:25]

Noublé looks a really good player in League 2. (Which is of course a clue to where Hurst went wrong.)
Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 08:38 - Apr 23 with 2118 viewsChurchman

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 20:40 - Apr 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

The first 11 is:
Norris
Ellington , Bajner.

Against this one:
Loach
Stevenson , Bru , Huws
Best , P.Taylor , Nouble

-----

Great selections. I’d pay to watch a match between those two teams. It’d be hilarious. I’d forgotten all about Paul Taylor, Toure and Sonko. Oh dear. Taylor had a modicum of ability but in every other way he was a waste of space. I think the second team of yours would win though - eventually.
Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 12:02 - Apr 23 with 2057 viewsbluebud

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 20:47 - Apr 22 by Dubtractor

I'd take issue with Bru - perfectly decent for a freeby, albeit no world beater, and Huws who was decent enough on loan.

Otherwise that is a full squad of absolute dross.

...he was decent - though not 94 caps decent.

Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2004—2010 Rennes 2 (0)
2007—2008 → Châteauroux (loan) 10 (0)
2008—2009 → Clermont Foot (loan) 25 (2)
2010—2011 Dijon 25 (2)
2011—2012 Boulogne 28 (3)
2012—2013 Istres 31 (2)
2013—2014 Levski Sofia 20 (1)
2014—2018 Ipswich Town 94 (4)
2018—2019 Apollon Limassol 17 (4)
2019 Dinamo Bucureșt 8

...he lucked out with us.
Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 12:02 - Apr 23 with 2055 viewsEnigma_Blue

The first 11 is:
Norris
Ellington , Bajner.

Against this one:
Loach
Stevenson , Bru , Huws
Best , P.Taylor , Nouble

-----

Stephenson who was he? I don't remember him.

i would say that Cameron Stewart & Jordan Graham were worse than Martin & Huws
Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 12:11 - Apr 23 with 2041 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Never mind all these 'best XI' posts, what about an Evans era worst XI? on 12:02 - Apr 23 by Enigma_Blue

Stephenson who was he? I don't remember him.

i would say that Cameron Stewart & Jordan Graham were worse than Martin & Huws

Re Stewart and Graham....Have they played at least 5 times for us? That was a rule of this thread.

Ryan Stevenson.....Jewells Scottish gem.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024