Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forum split 15:22 - Mar 20 with 585 viewschrismakin

I wish there was a way we could have a paul cook tab in the forum. But for those who want to talk in general about his management rather than all the short term stuff that pops up.

I like to chat about his credentials. And talk about the positives that can be seen. But it just gets replaced by 4 4 2 thoughts etc.

I for one can see exactly what hes doing now some may see its wrong for me to write this season off. But it is. Doesnt matter mathematically where it sits. But our hopes of playoff were gone months ago. This squad handy the mindset to be able to finish in them its just fact. There is no way this team can put a run of wins together against some of sides coming up on their own little runs of form its not the ipswich way.

If anyone would like to talk PC and squad please send DM as I'd like to have a discussion without it turning into a negative thread.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Forum split on 15:29 - Mar 20 with 545 viewspointofblue

We were one point off the play offs when we same in. Writing it off is similar - or indeed worse - then when 18/19 was written off when Lambert relegated us with chants, cheers and Three Little Birds. That’s not to say that next season will not be the big one but the remainder of 20/21 should not be treated as a giant pre-season.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Forum split on 15:34 - Mar 20 with 524 viewschrismakin

Forum split on 15:29 - Mar 20 by pointofblue

We were one point off the play offs when we same in. Writing it off is similar - or indeed worse - then when 18/19 was written off when Lambert relegated us with chants, cheers and Three Little Birds. That’s not to say that next season will not be the big one but the remainder of 20/21 should not be treated as a giant pre-season.

That's your right to feel that.
However all season I've felt this squad isnt capable of finishing in the top 6. Doesnt matter if at certain points we got close. If we didnt win some games we would be in a relegation fight.

There is to much damage in this squad. It's not just physical its mental too

Look at today. Solid 45 minutes. And then once again the same set of players as all season struggle for another 45 minutes

There hasnt been 1 game where I've seen us comfortable win a game off football. And that is why I've never felt we could finish top 6. We are massive bottle jobs.
50 50s we jump out of. Game gets physical we go missing

It dont matter if we play 4 4 2. 4 3 3. 4 2 4. All the players revert to type

So yes. I'm looking forward to the summer and next season alone. Im looking at games at the moment seeing what players could end up staying and being upset of it. And tbh. I think that's exactly what PC is doing.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Forum split on 15:38 - Mar 20 with 506 viewsStokieBlue

Many others have been longing for a chrismakin tab but you've said it's a forum and people can post what they want.

Now it's you being annoyed rather than being annoying you are all for such measures?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Forum split on 15:38 - Mar 20 with 500 viewspointofblue

Forum split on 15:34 - Mar 20 by chrismakin

However all season I've felt this squad isnt capable of finishing in the top 6. Doesnt matter if at certain points we got close. If we didnt win some games we would be in a relegation fight.

Look at today. Solid 45 minutes. And then once again the same set of players as all season struggle for another 45 minutes

There hasnt been 1 game where I've seen us comfortable win a game off football. And that is why I've never felt we could finish top 6. We are massive bottle jobs.

So yes. I'm looking forward to the summer and next season alone. Im looking at games at the moment seeing what players could end up staying and being upset of it. And tbh. I think that's exactly what PC is doing.

Maybe, and seeing which players fit his system hence he’s sticking to it and seeing who will be worthwhile moving forward. Most of the time new managers can have an impact on the mentality of players and that doesn’t see to have changed. Losing Downes is a huge blow.

But looking at the clubs around us, do I expect us to do more and miss out on a position to them? Even now, yes I do.

Forum split on 15:40 - Mar 20 with 496 viewschrismakin

Forum split on 15:38 - Mar 20 by StokieBlue

Many others have been longing for a chrismakin tab but you've said it's a forum and people can post what they want.

Now it's you being annoyed rather than being annoying you are all for such measures?

SB

It's not really about annoyance as people are in their right to see things how they wish

I'd just like to have a discussion with others who have a longer term view. That's all :)

CM

Forum split on 15:41 - Mar 20 with 488 viewschrismakin

Forum split on 15:38 - Mar 20 by pointofblue

Maybe, and seeing which players fit his system hence he’s sticking to it and seeing who will be worthwhile moving forward. Most of the time new managers can have an impact on the mentality of players and that doesn’t see to have changed. Losing Downes is a huge blow.

But looking at the clubs around us, do I expect us to do more and miss out on a position to them? Even now, yes I do.

Thing is

Say we go 4 4 2. But it's still not good enough to finish top 6..

All these other of contract players. You're then having to guess which ones could work with your 4 2 3 1.

The only way to know. Is to experiment with the squad as hes doing now.

Forum split on 15:44 - Mar 20 with 473 viewspointofblue

Forum split on 15:41 - Mar 20 by chrismakin

Thing is

Say we go 4 4 2. But it's still not good enough to finish top 6..

All these other of contract players. You're then having to guess which ones could work with your 4 2 3 1.

The only way to know. Is to experiment with the squad as hes doing now.

It’s a balance, isn’t it, between being competitive this season and having a squad in shape next season. I think we should be capable of doing both but we have been so limp so far excluding te first 20 minutes last Saturday.

Forum split on 15:47 - Mar 20 with 454 viewsMetal_Hacker

Forum split on 15:38 - Mar 20 by StokieBlue

SB

This ✔️

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

Forum split on 15:48 - Mar 20 with 447 viewspstudd

Forum split on 15:34 - Mar 20 by chrismakin

Totally agree. As well as losing to top 8 sides, this squad have become used to losing the big moments in a games. They don't have the mental stamina to put together two good halves of football in the same way that they are unable to make a good start to the season count. My worry is that such a mindset is hard to change.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024