Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I didn’t watch the game tonight and I’m not #CookOut yet 22:02 - Sep 14 with 763 viewstractordownsouth

But it seems my concerns about having too much of a large squad are unfortunately correct. We need strength in depth but we should have a 23 man team with youth players to supplement it rather than just stockpiling. Why is Jackson even still at the club, let alone getting minutes? We now have Aluko, Barry, Bonne, Burns, Celina, Chaplin, Edwards, El Mizouni, Fraser, Jackson, Norwood and Pigott all sharing minutes in the same 4 positions. We have 3 senior keepers and 5 central midfielders. Is it any surprise we can’t get any consistency?

I understand the likes of Morsy and Celina are class acts at this level and the opportunity to sign them can’t be passed up but it was like playing football manager - Cook and Ashton saw they were available, said they’d sort the rest later and never did.

I wasn’t expecting a quick fix but these seem like such basic mistakes.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

I didn’t watch the game tonight and I’m not #CookOut yet on 22:04 - Sep 14 with 718 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Morsy and Celina are not class acts at this level if they are not on the pitch.

We do need a more streamlined squad and I thought that was a major part of the reason for the clear out.

However, the biggest issue is the lack of leadership, character, organisation and tactical nous both on the pitch and in the dugout.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I didn’t watch the game tonight and I’m not #CookOut yet on 22:09 - Sep 14 with 673 viewsMoriarty

I didn’t watch the game tonight and I’m not #CookOut yet on 22:04 - Sep 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Morsy and Celina are not class acts at this level if they are not on the pitch.

We do need a more streamlined squad and I thought that was a major part of the reason for the clear out.

However, the biggest issue is the lack of leadership, character, organisation and tactical nous both on the pitch and in the dugout.

We’re a right mess.

I’d be amazed if the players are buying into PC and his staff.

Have we reached a point where any manager worth his salt will avoid us as a plague?

fka omuircheartaigh

I didn’t watch the game tonight and I’m not #CookOut yet on 22:15 - Sep 14 with 643 viewshomer_123

I didn’t watch the game tonight and I’m not #CookOut yet on 22:09 - Sep 14 by Moriarty

We’re a right mess.

Have we reached a point where any manager worth his salt will avoid us as a plague?

It's very much like Hurst 2.0 isn't it. Just on a bigger budget.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I didn’t watch the game tonight and I’m not #CookOut yet on 22:18 - Sep 14 with 600 viewspointofblue

I didn’t watch the game tonight and I’m not #CookOut yet on 22:09 - Sep 14 by Moriarty

We’re a right mess.

Every manager who is happy to manage at this level should be looking at this squad and thinking "I can do something positive with that lot".

However, I thought Cook was more than decent at this level and he's going out of his way to prove otherwise.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I didn’t watch the game tonight and I’m not #CookOut yet on 08:15 - Sep 29 with 350 viewsMaySixth

We’re a right mess.

Hi

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

I didn’t watch the game tonight and I’m not #CookOut yet on 08:17 - Sep 29 with 327 viewsHerbivore

I didn’t watch the game tonight and I’m not #CookOut yet on 08:15 - Sep 29 by MaySixth

Hi

If Cook's very poor first 25 games here was too soon to judge then I'd say one very good win is definitely too soon to start making out that those with concerns were wrong to be concerned.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024