Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My new passport is black!!! 11:05 - Apr 28 with 1104 viewsblueasfook

I thought we were getting blue ones?

It's the only reason I voted for Brexit. Damn. I've been cheated.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

My new passport is black!!! on 11:45 - Apr 28 with 1038 viewsghostofescobar

The black passports mean automatic deep anal search at every airport. Def info.

GhostOfEscobar

My new passport is black!!! on 11:56 - Apr 28 with 1014 viewsMattinLondon

My new passport is black!!! on 11:45 - Apr 28 by ghostofescobar

Can people who voted remain, but have had to get a new passport since 2016, be excused this type of thing?
My new passport is black!!! on 12:02 - Apr 28 with 994 viewsblueasfook

My new passport is black!!! on 11:45 - Apr 28 by ghostofescobar

Nice. There is one advantage then.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

My new passport is black!!! on 16:50 - Apr 28 with 831 viewsBlueBadger

My new passport is black!!! on 11:56 - Apr 28 by MattinLondon

Can people who voted remain, but have had to get a new passport since 2016, be excused this type of thing?

Yew lorst, gedover id.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

My new passport is black!!! on 16:56 - Apr 28 with 813 viewsMattinLondon

My new passport is black!!! on 16:50 - Apr 28 by BlueBadger

Yew lorst, gedover id.

Without anal I’ll be moaning but with it I’ll just be moaning a lot more loudly.
My new passport is black!!! on 22:41 - Apr 28 with 696 viewsNthQldITFC

My new passport is black!!! on 12:02 - Apr 28 by blueasfook

Nice. There is one advantage then.

Makes your whole week.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

My new passport is black!!! on 08:38 - Apr 30 with 481 viewsgazzer1999

And your ten year passport is only valid for 9 years and 9 months if you want to visit the EU. 10 years for the rest of the world. Nothing new because of Brexit always been the case.
My new passport is black!!! on 09:02 - Apr 30 with 464 viewsChurchman

My new passport is black!!! on 08:38 - Apr 30 by gazzer1999

And your ten year passport is only valid for 9 years and 9 months if you want to visit the EU. 10 years for the rest of the world. Nothing new because of Brexit always been the case.

Many countries outside the such as the US have always required you to have a period of time such as 3 or 6 months left on your passport. With time the EU will hopefully take a more flexible view.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-commission-says-uk-holidaymakers-holdin

A concern that became apparent in the run up to Brexit was that if you renewed your passport within 6 months of expiry, you would get 10 years from the original expiry date. That would mean you could have a start date of 30/4/2012 and an expiry of say 30/9/2022.

The problem is that since many countries only recognise a passport as 10 years valid from the start date, you could go to or try and return from Aya Napa on 10/5/2022 and not get on the flight.

As for colour, I still have my old passports (how sad is that) and they look near enough black to me.
Login to get fewer ads

My new passport is black!!! on 09:30 - Apr 30 with 444 viewsgazzer1999

My new passport is black!!! on 09:02 - Apr 30 by Churchman

Many countries outside the such as the US have always required you to have a period of time such as 3 or 6 months left on your passport. With time the EU will hopefully take a more flexible view.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-commission-says-uk-holidaymakers-holdin

A concern that became apparent in the run up to Brexit was that if you renewed your passport within 6 months of expiry, you would get 10 years from the original expiry date. That would mean you could have a start date of 30/4/2012 and an expiry of say 30/9/2022.

The problem is that since many countries only recognise a passport as 10 years valid from the start date, you could go to or try and return from Aya Napa on 10/5/2022 and not get on the flight.

As for colour, I still have my old passports (how sad is that) and they look near enough black to me.

Actually just seen on the BBC this morning you can use your passport right up to the expiry date (meaning your return date)just not the EU which insist on 3 months beyond your return.

My first passport was a visitors one which you could get from the post office and lasted a year, after that my first 10 year one was black as well and was a very nice hard backed one, which always looked a very nice document. After that came the flimsy red ones that we have today that became very tatty if you are a frequent traveller.

Not sure if it was the press that said it was going back to blue as I have never seen a blue one in my lifetime.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 9:39]
My new passport is black!!! on 09:34 - Apr 30 with 436 viewsChurchman

My new passport is black!!! on 09:30 - Apr 30 by gazzer1999

Actually just seen on the BBC this morning you can use your passport right up to the expiry date (meaning your return date)just not the EU which insist on 3 months beyond your return.

My first passport was a visitors one which you could get from the post office and lasted a year, after that my first 10 year one was black as well and was a very nice hard backed one, which always looked a very nice document. After that came the flimsy red ones that we have today that became very tatty if you are a frequent traveller.

Not sure if it was the press that said it was going back to blue as I have never seen a blue one in my lifetime.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 9:39]

That’s interesting. Personally, I’m not sure I’d want to risk it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024