Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability 16:35 - Aug 8 with 11399 viewssolemio

I can't get much further than Bontcho Bontcho Guentchev. He wasn't that good but he was so popular.
Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 21:29 - Aug 8 with 2981 viewsBluefish

World cup semi finalist

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 21:32 - Aug 8 with 2972 viewsitfctim

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 20:03 - Aug 8 by itfctim

Jamie Clapham.

Makes me chuckle, this site. An O P comes o. here, inviting opinions, and, when you give yours, to contribute to the thread, you get down votes?..Ok, we don't all agree, but WTF?
Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 21:40 - Aug 8 with 2958 viewsStewart27

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 21:32 - Aug 8 by itfctim

Makes me chuckle, this site. An O P comes o. here, inviting opinions, and, when you give yours, to contribute to the thread, you get down votes?..Ok, we don't all agree, but WTF?

Three names mentioned on this thread:

Matt Holland
Jamie Clapham
Tommy Miller

Words fail me
Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 21:46 - Aug 8 with 2948 viewsSuperblue95

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 21:32 - Aug 8 by itfctim

I'm sure you will get over it

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 22:11 - Aug 8 with 2925 viewsbritbiker

ivan campo. He joined as a star player.

Barely ever got to see him play due to him being well past his best when he joined us. But that curley hair will never be forgotten.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 1:08]
Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 22:34 - Aug 8 with 2901 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Micky Stockwell

BOT

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 22:36 - Aug 8 with 2895 viewssolemio

If I might explain, the down arrow indicates disagreement for a particular player. It doesn't mean that you are not valued as a human being. It is not a deep personal insult. It does not mean that you are not entitled to your opinion.
Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 22:38 - Aug 8 with 2892 viewsHerbivore

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 22:34 - Aug 8 by BorisOrTrevor

Micky Stockwell

This simply confirms that you're a wrong 'un.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 22:41 - Aug 8 with 2889 viewswkj

In a mini way, Traore - proper geek on twitter, always smiling, and didn't know the rules of the cup - that said my love for him took a serious sucker punch when he took his infamous corner.

He is a really cool cat off the field, but on the field, he was a bit out of place here.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 22:42 - Aug 8 with 2884 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 16:36 - Aug 8 by Herbivore

Thetis was a cult hero despite being utterly terrible.

he wasn't terrible, total myth, clumsy at times but certainly not terrible. much better than people like Wayne Brown or David Linigan. That double take overhead kick v WBA was incredible.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 22:46 - Aug 8 with 2874 viewsBinner

Mich D'Avray

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 22:47 - Aug 8 with 2872 viewswkj

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 16:36 - Aug 8 by Herbivore

Thetis was a cult hero despite being utterly terrible.

I wouldn't say Manooo was terrible, he just had a SUPER broad range to him, his worst was awful, but he had a bit of magic about him too.

There is the time i think we played Crewe at home (in the day our bogey team if you youngens are reading) where I think he put the ball in the back of the net 2 or 3 times, but each time he was off side- which is pretty good going for a center half.

Crybaby

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 22:49 - Aug 8 with 2869 viewsHerbivore

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 22:42 - Aug 8 by Jonnosdreadlocks

he wasn't terrible, total myth, clumsy at times but certainly not terrible. much better than people like Wayne Brown or David Linigan. That double take overhead kick v WBA was incredible.

He was terrible, mate.

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 22:57 - Aug 8 with 2860 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 22:49 - Aug 8 by Herbivore

He was terrible, mate.

He was poor but I don't think Thetis received popularity/adulation from the fans as far as I am aware.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 23:03 - Aug 8 with 2844 viewsHerbivore

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 22:57 - Aug 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

He was poor but I don't think Thetis received popularity/adulation from the fans as far as I am aware.

He was a bit of a cult hero. I liked him to be fair, despite him being dreadful.

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 08:28 - Aug 9 with 2738 viewssolemio

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 22:42 - Aug 8 by Jonnosdreadlocks

David Linighan from 2 points of view doesn't really belong on this thread.
1) He was a decent CH who came too soon after Butch, Russ, 6'2" , and the Beat and so was under-valued. Very accurate long ball onto the head of Steve Whitton.
2) He was not generally very popular, totally unfairly. Even his liking for classical music did not endear him to some fans.
Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 08:42 - Aug 9 with 2726 viewsITFC_Forever

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 18:46 - Aug 8 by connorscontract

What's not to love is his first season with us when he scored a grand total of 0 goals in the Prem as replacement for a broken-jawed Marcus Stewart. Just two or three from him could have seen us safe. Or if Burley had kept Johnno. Or if he had signed just about any striker except Pablo.

But he did then find his level in the following seasons, and proved an able back-up striker to the first choice pairing of Bent and Kuqi.

Be hardly played in the first season... it was M Bent and Armstrong.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 09:08 - Aug 9 with 2708 viewsstickymockwell

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 22:34 - Aug 8 by BorisOrTrevor

Micky Stockwell

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Div

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 09:15 - Aug 9 with 2703 viewstractorshark

Great thread.
Bontcho and Haynes are excellent shouts, maybe Naylor.
But never Micky Stockwell. Quality player.
Last season, I would have said Dominic Iorfa. People loved to sing that song but he always gave the sodding ball away.
Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 10:47 - Aug 9 with 2674 viewsSwailsey

Colin Healy.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 12:42 - Aug 9 with 2639 viewsBBKing

Pim Balkestein with his cheeky smile and rocket of a left foot, which was good for nothing else but 40-yard piledrivers into the stand.

I also remember Vemund Brekke Skard being talked up for months and months on here, only for him to finally make his debut and then very quickly disappear again.
Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 13:29 - Aug 9 with 2618 viewsstewartm

I loved Paul Mason

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 13:30 - Aug 9 with 2614 viewswkj

I seem to recall Bobby Petta being the opposite of the OP- A player who could make something happen and generally did well, but the fans never seemed to endear to.

Crybaby

Most popular ITFC player ever relative to his ability on 13:44 - Aug 9 with 2594 viewsrickw

Batistuta.... erm I mean Adrian Paz :-)

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024