Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they 12:46 - Apr 6 with 18599 viewsN2_Blue

Got to say they've had an amazing season when you see where they were last season.
Not even a glimpse of a wobble at the business end. Fair play to them.....sigh

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 12:51 - Apr 6 with 9001 viewsTheBoyBlue

Not that I can claim to be an expert on Norwich, but this is the best team I ever recall them having. If they don't achieve something (by which I mean winning trophies, getting into Europe, etc, rather than just making up the numbers, which seems to be their general definition of success) before they come back down then I don't know when they ever will.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2019 20:27]

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 12:53 - Apr 6 with 8990 viewsSE1blue

And even at the beginning of the season they weren’t that good.

When we played them at PR you’d never have thought they’d be going up.

It’s been a huge turn around.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 12:54 - Apr 6 with 8981 viewsTrequartista

Leading all the parachute teams with a mixture of youths and cheap mid-table bundesliga imports. Could have been us with the right manager.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 12:55 - Apr 6 with 8966 viewsBackToRussia

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 12:54 - Apr 6 by Trequartista

Leading all the parachute teams with a mixture of youths and cheap mid-table bundesliga imports. Could have been us with the right manager.

Do we get parachute payments then?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 12:58 - Apr 6 with 8938 viewsuefacup81

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 12:53 - Apr 6 by SE1blue

And even at the beginning of the season they weren’t that good.

When we played them at PR you’d never have thought they’d be going up.

It’s been a huge turn around.

Could have been very different had they not got the draw at PR - received wisdom is that a defeat would have been curtains for Farke.

Can’t deny they’re looking very good at the moment, but QPR are equally as poor.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:00 - Apr 6 with 8911 viewsTrequartista

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 12:55 - Apr 6 by BackToRussia

Do we get parachute payments then?

No?

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:01 - Apr 6 with 8900 viewsBackToRussia

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:00 - Apr 6 by Trequartista

No?

So in what way should we be able to replicate Norwich's success?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:05 - Apr 6 with 8869 viewschristiand

Yes, just can't stop winning, very envious. When you get on that roll it's difficult to stop the momentum and the confidence soars. Us on the other hand, are the complete opposite end of the scale. Nevertheless, they are going to have to make a lot of changes to just compete next season. I would say Cardiff and Fulham had stronger sides last year and look at them.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:06 - Apr 6 with 8865 viewsN2_Blue

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 12:58 - Apr 6 by uefacup81

Could have been very different had they not got the draw at PR - received wisdom is that a defeat would have been curtains for Farke.

Can’t deny they’re looking very good at the moment, but QPR are equally as poor.

yes that is the opinion he was one defeat from being sacked at that stage. they went on some ridiculous run!

I still think if we actually strung a few victories together we could turn our club around. Momentum is so crucial and far from having anything to play for this season we should ensure we get as many as points as possible and start optimistic next season. If we start next season on the back of bad form many of the youngsters may still doubt where the next wins are coming from and we find things hard going again.

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:07 - Apr 6 with 8848 viewsTrequartista

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:01 - Apr 6 by BackToRussia

So in what way should we be able to replicate Norwich's success?

A mixture of youths and cheap mid-table bundesliga imports?
[Post edited 6 Apr 2019 13:08]

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:08 - Apr 6 with 8831 viewsBackToRussia

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:07 - Apr 6 by Trequartista

A mixture of youths and cheap mid-table bundesliga imports?
[Post edited 6 Apr 2019 13:08]

No doubt the extra money comes in handy.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:08 - Apr 6 with 8827 viewsN2_Blue

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:05 - Apr 6 by christiand

Yes, just can't stop winning, very envious. When you get on that roll it's difficult to stop the momentum and the confidence soars. Us on the other hand, are the complete opposite end of the scale. Nevertheless, they are going to have to make a lot of changes to just compete next season. I would say Cardiff and Fulham had stronger sides last year and look at them.

Envious indeed.

My scum supporting friends admit this season is the one they will enjoy most....as they expect to get mullered next year. The fun part is actually getting to the premier league rather than actually playing in for majority of clubs these days.

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:11 - Apr 6 with 8791 viewsTrequartista

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:08 - Apr 6 by BackToRussia

No doubt the extra money comes in handy.

What extra money?

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:13 - Apr 6 with 8767 viewsBackToRussia

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:08 - Apr 6 by N2_Blue

Envious indeed.

My scum supporting friends admit this season is the one they will enjoy most....as they expect to get mullered next year. The fun part is actually getting to the premier league rather than actually playing in for majority of clubs these days.

Unless you're willing to spend £30 million on one player a la Wolves. It is not surprising by now but it is still crazy to think that we still hold the record for top finish in a first season after promotion to the Premier League, Wolves will finish 2 places below our record and look how much they need to spend to get there. Puts Finidi George into perspective.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:19 - Apr 6 with 8695 viewsSE1blue

Norwich have scored three in one half...we’ve managed that once in 90 minutes all season.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:21 - Apr 6 with 8677 viewsFtnfwest

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:11 - Apr 6 by Trequartista

What extra money?

presumably the extra money they use to fund a wage bill three times ours. And a few purchases as well
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:24 - Apr 6 with 8636 viewsTrequartista

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:21 - Apr 6 by Ftnfwest

presumably the extra money they use to fund a wage bill three times ours. And a few purchases as well

The parachute money ran out and they had a £20m hole to plug. Sure they've still got some high earners like Rhodes and Klose on the bench, but the first XI could easily have been affordable for a dollar billionaire owner.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2019 13:24]

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:26 - Apr 6 with 8606 viewsBackToRussia

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:24 - Apr 6 by Trequartista

The parachute money ran out and they had a £20m hole to plug. Sure they've still got some high earners like Rhodes and Klose on the bench, but the first XI could easily have been affordable for a dollar billionaire owner.

Our two situations are completely incomparable. Just because the money has run out this year, they still got it for 3 years and that shows in their squad over the past few seasons including this - plus have been in the PL multiple times recently.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Got a passing manager in, got form out of a striker, and didn't let the impact.. on 13:33 - Apr 6 with 8524 viewsunstableblue

... of losing their Premiership players effect them.

But critically they stuck with a manager who was trying to play a new passing system, despite fans turning against the project, kept faith, and it turned.

There is now not one team in the top 7 that isn't primarily a passing team, only Boro in 8th play longer ball and contained football, and they have lost 6 on the bounce

We fecked up with Hurst in 3 ways
- he felt he could do well in the league with all procurement coming from the lower league,
- he thought he could manage international/senior players like League One players
- his system was actually too contained, and required the likes of Nolan and Skuse to work miracles in order to get forward

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:34 - Apr 6 with 8507 viewsParisBlue

I have this horrible feeling that the same day we become "Ipswich Town (R)" they will become "Scum (P)"

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:35 - Apr 6 with 8500 viewsTrequartista

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:26 - Apr 6 by BackToRussia

Our two situations are completely incomparable. Just because the money has run out this year, they still got it for 3 years and that shows in their squad over the past few seasons including this - plus have been in the PL multiple times recently.

The team 8 points clear at the top is made up of players we could afford. We keep getting told one sixth place was a miracle. Well this blows that miracle out the water.

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:36 - Apr 6 with 8492 viewsuefacup81

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:21 - Apr 6 by Ftnfwest

I think their ‘moneyball’ strategy could make for an interesting summer for them if some big clubs meet their valuations of their top players.

They could well find that replacing the likes of Hernandez could be a lot more difficult/expensive once clubs realise they have PL cash.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:48 - Apr 6 with 8419 viewsFtnfwest

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:24 - Apr 6 by Trequartista

Sold Maddison, done
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:50 - Apr 6 with 8392 viewsFtnfwest

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:35 - Apr 6 by Trequartista

The team 8 points clear at the top is made up of players we could afford. We keep getting told one sixth place was a miracle. Well this blows that miracle out the water.

Marcus probably could afford to pay all his players 2-3 times as much I guess but that’s what he’d have to do to get players of the calibre they’ve collected over the last few years. They have paid some decent fees as well, at least far in excess of what we have.
that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:51 - Apr 6 with 8393 viewsTheBoyBlue

that lot up the road are annoyingly good aren't they on 13:08 - Apr 6 by N2_Blue

Envious indeed.

I actually think they'll surprise a few next season. Momentum will get them a lot of points early on, they are so comfortable on the ball that a lot of the mediocrity that currently resides in the PL will struggle to contain them. The only thing they will need to do is strengthen in defence, although even then they have improved greatly on that side of things.

I'm surprisingly pleased for them. I have a few Norwich supporting chums and the size of both clubs and expectations of fans are broadly similar and I know how much I would be enjoying watching Ipswich play like this. Hoping we can produce similar over the next couple of seasons.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024