Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieran Tierney 07:41 - Jun 23 with 1757 viewsgordon

Pat Bonner getting a bit uppity about a £15 million offer from Arsenal for the Celtic left-back:

"If Kieran was playing in England, he'd probably be worth about £50 million",

"Whether Arsenal is a big enough club for Kieran, that's the question".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48732772

Kieran Tierney on 07:47 - Jun 23 with 1725 viewschristiand

Pat Bonner has a point, Tierney is a terrific young fullback. £15m for the experience he has and a full international looks cheap in today’s market. Think he’d be a great signing for Manchester United’s rebuild.

[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 7:50]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Kieran Tierney on 07:50 - Jun 23 with 1707 viewsKieran_Knows

Don’t get me wrong, the Scottish league is a pub league, but they’re a few quality players up there and Tierney is certainly one of them. Amazing how Scotland are blessed with probably 2 of the best 5 left backs in Europe.

He’d be a very good signing for Arsenal, and Bonner does have a point on the price tag. £25m would still be a low sum.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Kieran Tierney on 07:56 - Jun 23 with 1679 viewschristiand

Kieran Tierney on 07:50 - Jun 23 by Kieran_Knows

Don’t get me wrong, the Scottish league is a pub league, but they’re a few quality players up there and Tierney is certainly one of them. Amazing how Scotland are blessed with probably 2 of the best 5 left backs in Europe.

He’d be a very good signing for Arsenal, and Bonner does have a point on the price tag. £25m would still be a low sum.

Just a pity both Robertson and Tierney play left back. I believe one of them switches to right back for Scotland, although it’s not their natural position.

Kieran Tierney on 07:58 - Jun 23 with 1674 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

There are but the problem with playing at that level is that it makes it difficult to judge exactly how good they are, hence SPL players will always have reduced values

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Kieran Tierney on 07:59 - Jun 23 with 1668 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Hard to say really. Would you get 25m for a Championship full back?

I'd see him going for more than 15m, but not more than 25m.

He's unproven at a good level, so still a risk.

Remember when Barry Ferguson was the next big thing?
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 8:00]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Kieran Tierney on 08:00 - Jun 23 with 1659 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kieran Tierney on 07:58 - Jun 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

There are but the problem with playing at that level is that it makes it difficult to judge exactly how good they are, hence SPL players will always have reduced values

Indeed.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Kieran Tierney on 08:14 - Jun 23 with 1589 viewsBobbyDazzler

Packie boner is right good player....could of done a job for us last seson
Kieran Tierney on 08:39 - Jun 23 with 1516 viewsKieran_Knows

Kieran Tierney on 07:56 - Jun 23 by christiand

Just a pity both Robertson and Tierney play left back. I believe one of them switches to right back for Scotland, although it’s not their natural position.

Correct, I think Tierney has played both right back, and centre back (left side of a 3) before so Robertson stays at left back (and rightly so).
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 8:41]

Login to get fewer ads

Kieran Tierney on 08:43 - Jun 23 with 1502 viewsKieran_Knows

Kieran Tierney on 07:58 - Jun 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Spot on. People knock the Scottish leagues (myself included), but if you have an eye for a good player, it’s always somewhere you’d pick up a good player for a fraction of a cost.

Kieran Tierney on 09:25 - Jun 23 with 1385 viewsStokieBlue

Stating that people are over or under valued seems a bit nonsensical to me (it happens daily on here).

The football transfer market is a supply and demand market. People tend to go for exactly what they are "worth" because both sides of the deal have to be happy with the price.

There is a case that could be made that smaller clubs can't resist offers so that skews it slightly but in the end that's still supply and demand - smaller clubs don't have an infinite amount of talent to sell thus their supply is limited and they have to make the most of any demand at the time.

Hence why the blubbing about the Harrison price was so odd - that's the amount he's worth to both teams at this point in time with the supply and demand available.

I will not the above doesn't apply to young players nabbed through tribunals which at the moment is a disgraceful process.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Kieran Tierney on 09:31 - Jun 23 with 1359 viewschristiand

Kieran Tierney on 09:25 - Jun 23 by StokieBlue

Stating that people are over or under valued seems a bit nonsensical to me (it happens daily on here).

The football transfer market is a supply and demand market. People tend to go for exactly what they are "worth" because both sides of the deal have to be happy with the price.

There is a case that could be made that smaller clubs can't resist offers so that skews it slightly but in the end that's still supply and demand - smaller clubs don't have an infinite amount of talent to sell thus their supply is limited and they have to make the most of any demand at the time.

Hence why the blubbing about the Harrison price was so odd - that's the amount he's worth to both teams at this point in time with the supply and demand available.

I will not the above doesn't apply to young players nabbed through tribunals which at the moment is a disgraceful process.

SB

Got to be honest, I think that’s a fair price for Harrison. We certainly couldn’t command a fee much higher based on last season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024