Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
solid start but 06:51 - Aug 19 with 630 viewskeanekipper

I worry that we don't look like a team that knows how or has a plan of how we are going to score goals. If we are a long ball team like a lot of the 2nd half of the Sunderland game and majority of the Pboro game, we haven't got the strikers for that.

But stay unbeaten and steal points like we did Saturday for as long as possible that losing habit will be a distant memory and then hopefully a playing identity will develop from there when confidence is better.
solid start but on 06:54 - Aug 19 with 618 viewsColchesterBlue1985

I think Downes is going to be instrumental to developing a playing style this season. Whilst he is more of a box to box midfielder than a playmaker as such I think he will dictate how we play going forwards.
solid start but on 07:42 - Aug 19 with 538 viewsSteve_M

We were very direct on Saturday but I didn't think we were against Sunderland, more disjointed and tending to overplay the ball.

There's a bigger point about having a defined style of play, Joe started a thread on it on Saturday evening, we started both Burton and Sunderland with an effective 4-4-2 that worked well but I'm not sure we're going to play that too often when more midfielders are fit.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024