Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... 12:56 - Dec 3 with 5404 viewsmonytowbray

I beg you to watch this and tell me why you’re still going to do so.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/on-demand/68553-001

This is a serious request.

Watch it and tell me why you still feel justified in your actions. I am genuinely curious. I want to know what makes 1 in 3 children living that way okay with you. Tell me what makes you happy about the fact the current regime believes the people in this documentary are lazy and have no one to blame but themselves. Tell me these people have the same opportunities everyone in this country have and they’re simply not taking advantage of them because they want the moon on a stick.

Thank you.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 12:57]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 13:36 - Dec 3 with 2602 viewsBloomBlue

It's not a perfect world but you need businesses and without businesses you dont have a public sector because its businesses which drive the taxes which pays for the public sector. Labour's anti business approach will only drive businesses out of this country reducing the tax volume and only make the current situation worse.

I was hopeful Labour in this GE would change to a business friendly approach but no they haven't, all they're doing is kicking the poverty down the road
Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 13:44 - Dec 3 with 2593 viewsBlueBadger

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 13:36 - Dec 3 by BloomBlue

It's not a perfect world but you need businesses and without businesses you dont have a public sector because its businesses which drive the taxes which pays for the public sector. Labour's anti business approach will only drive businesses out of this country reducing the tax volume and only make the current situation worse.

I was hopeful Labour in this GE would change to a business friendly approach but no they haven't, all they're doing is kicking the poverty down the road

Tory Brexit plans will shaft more businesses than a few big companies having to actually pay some tax contributions.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 13:45 - Dec 3 with 2583 viewsmonytowbray

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 13:36 - Dec 3 by BloomBlue

What is anti business about Labour in your view? Or do you mean anti-Privatisation and employee/tax exploitation which is quite different?

I wouldn’t class monopolies on living essentials (utilities/transport) successful businesses. I wouldn’t say any business that has grossly rich share holders dodging tax whilst paying staff on zero hour contracts and having the state top up their wages to afford to live are successful either.

Your post still doesn’t address if you watched it and how you feel voting for a party that will actively make it worse in the name of “business” as you put it.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 13:50]

TWTD never forgets…

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 13:46 - Dec 3 with 2577 viewshaynes_toe1

I'd imagine because they don't believe the other parties are likely to do any better.

Certainly my view.
Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 13:49 - Dec 3 with 2560 viewsmonytowbray

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 13:46 - Dec 3 by haynes_toe1

I'd imagine because they don't believe the other parties are likely to do any better.

Certainly my view.

What specifically do you base that view on?

TWTD never forgets…

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 13:51 - Dec 3 with 2553 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 13:44 - Dec 3 by BlueBadger

Tory Brexit plans will shaft more businesses than a few big companies having to actually pay some tax contributions.

Madness innit. I can't believe that people have the nerve to criticise other parties for being "anti-business" when the Tories are on the cusp of implementing the largest act of self-harm this country has ever seen, which is opposed by all the UK's leading business organisations.

The financial impact of the Tory manifesto is far worse than Labour's or anyone else's; they've just conveniently forgot to cost in the price of Brexit.

And people still support it

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 16:29 - Dec 3 with 2490 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you think businesses are going to leave this huge customer base because they're going to have to pay a bit more tax you're deluded.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 16:31 - Dec 3 with 2483 viewsSwailsey

#prayforairliner

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 16:31 - Dec 3 with 2484 viewsHerbivore

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 13:51 - Dec 3 by Swansea_Blue

Madness innit. I can't believe that people have the nerve to criticise other parties for being "anti-business" when the Tories are on the cusp of implementing the largest act of self-harm this country has ever seen, which is opposed by all the UK's leading business organisations.

The financial impact of the Tory manifesto is far worse than Labour's or anyone else's; they've just conveniently forgot to cost in the price of Brexit.

And people still support it

What was Boris Johnson's view on business again? It was certainly quite succinct and not very positive as I recall.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 16:48 - Dec 3 with 2461 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Firstly - I haven’t watched the video as I’m at work and haven’t had time to do so. However I assume it illustrates some of the conditions children are living in at the extreme end of the poverty spectrum, which I’m sure anyone would agree is a massive issue and a cause for concern

However, some context is needed - these from FullFact are pretty good at illustrating that the poverty level is broadly unchanged by most metrics since the Tories came into power (or indeed since the start of the Millennium)

https://fullfact.org/election-2019/child-poverty-trends-since-2010/
https://fullfact.org/economy/poverty-uk-guide-facts-and-figures/

Would this Labour Party change that? There’s definitely an argument that they may, however I think it’s also fair to consider the validity of a number of their promises given the ever increasing cost of the manifesto. I would suggest that is a key reason why people who may have been inclined to agree with you may look elsewhere with their votes

I would also suggest that the comment ‘the current regime believes the people in this documentary are lazy and have no one to blame but themselves’ is a rather needless broadbrush statement that completely defeats any valid points you make

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 17:40 - Dec 3 with 2409 viewsRadlett_blue

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 16:48 - Dec 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Firstly - I haven’t watched the video as I’m at work and haven’t had time to do so. However I assume it illustrates some of the conditions children are living in at the extreme end of the poverty spectrum, which I’m sure anyone would agree is a massive issue and a cause for concern

However, some context is needed - these from FullFact are pretty good at illustrating that the poverty level is broadly unchanged by most metrics since the Tories came into power (or indeed since the start of the Millennium)

Would this Labour Party change that? There’s definitely an argument that they may, however I think it’s also fair to consider the validity of a number of their promises given the ever increasing cost of the manifesto. I would suggest that is a key reason why people who may have been inclined to agree with you may look elsewhere with their votes

I would also suggest that the comment ‘the current regime believes the people in this documentary are lazy and have no one to blame but themselves’ is a rather needless broadbrush statement that completely defeats any valid points you make

While there definitely are some poor people who are struggling through little fault of their own and the country has become far too unequal, "poverty" is a much abused term since the definition became one relative to median income. This means that (technically) we could all be millionaires, but still a large number of people would be defined as in poverty.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 17:59 - Dec 3 with 2390 viewsjas0999

I won’t be voting Labour whilst Corbyn is at the helm.
Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 18:01 - Dec 3 with 2380 viewsjeera

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 17:59 - Dec 3 by jas0999

Explain why.

500 words:

Go!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 18:04 - Dec 3 with 2374 viewsjeera

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 17:40 - Dec 3 by Radlett_blue

While there definitely are some poor people who are struggling through little fault of their own and the country has become far too unequal, "poverty" is a much abused term since the definition became one relative to median income. This means that (technically) we could all be millionaires, but still a large number of people would be defined as in poverty.

I don't know if there's any reason to disbelieve Shelter when they state this though:

https://news.sky.com/story/british-child-becomes-homeless-every-eight-minutes-sh

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 18:06 - Dec 3 with 2372 viewsjeera

How is Labour anti-business?

What do you make of many businesses feeling Brexit could be severely damaging?

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 18:11 - Dec 3 with 2356 viewsDubtractor

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 17:59 - Dec 3 by jas0999

Yeah. so you said.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 18:12 - Dec 3 with 2352 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree with the sentiment. Not sure demanding people tell you why they feel 'justified' is a particularly good tactic though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 18:23 - Dec 3 with 2336 viewsjeera

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 18:12 - Dec 3 by J2BLUE

Agree with the sentiment. Not sure demanding people tell you why they feel 'justified' is a particularly good tactic though.

I can understand his point though. It can be hard to get a straight answer from people when all you want is to understand their viewpoint.

I upset some bloke on FB today. A mutual friend had posted about the NHS and this fella put something about preferring this lot to letting that clown [Corbyn of course] destroy it.

When someone asked what he meant he replied "I've got my reasons".

I took the piss and he went into one.

What kind of answer is that though?

"This is my opinion"

"OK, why's that then?"

"I'm not telling - it's a secret".

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 18:58 - Dec 3 with 2302 viewsmonytowbray

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 16:48 - Dec 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

“I haven’t looked at the source material but...”

:S

TWTD never forgets…

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 19:01 - Dec 3 with 2297 viewsmonytowbray

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 18:23 - Dec 3 by jeera

I can understand his point though. It can be hard to get a straight answer from people when all you want is to understand their viewpoint.

I upset some bloke on FB today. A mutual friend had posted about the NHS and this fella put something about preferring this lot to letting that clown [Corbyn of course] destroy it.

When someone asked what he meant he replied "I've got my reasons".

I took the piss and he went into one.

What kind of answer is that though?

"This is my opinion"

"OK, why's that then?"

"I'm not telling - it's a secret".

This is my exact point. As I said, I just want a sensible answer as to why people feel they have no responsibility towards more vulnerable people and are fine with what the video entails. The rhetoric of “I don’t like the way you asked me that question” is deflection really.

TWTD never forgets…

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 19:02 - Dec 3 with 2291 viewsmonytowbray

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 17:40 - Dec 3 by Radlett_blue

Did you watch the video?

TWTD never forgets…

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 19:03 - Dec 3 with 2280 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 18:58 - Dec 3 by monytowbray

“I haven’t looked at the source material but...”

:S

I was upfront about that as I was aware my response may have completely missed the point of the video.

If it did then more than happy for you to explain why

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 19:05 - Dec 3 with 2274 viewsmonytowbray

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 19:03 - Dec 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I was upfront about that as I was aware my response may have completely missed the point of the video.

If it did then more than happy for you to explain why

If you watched the video you’d know why.

TWTD never forgets…

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 19:11 - Dec 3 with 2259 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 19:05 - Dec 3 by monytowbray

If you watched the video you’d know why.

My assumption that it depicts children living in appalling poverty is presumably wrong then - any chance of a synopsis as I need to head out in a minute so unlikely I’ll get a chance to watch anytime soon?

Tories of TWTD or those refusing to tactically vote this election.... on 19:12 - Dec 3 with 2258 viewsVic

I'll probably vote Tory because although there is much I don't agree with about them, and I really don't like Johnson, I dsimy don't trust labour with the countries finances. I dont therefore believe the pledges in their manifesto. It's all good (well some of it is good!) in theory, but the finance models of other countries Corbyn has praised havnt produced the goods. (Venezeula anyone?!)

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024