Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? 10:00 - Sep 28 with 2773 viewsBluefish

I'm considering the snip, I'm now 41 and have 3 kids it seems to make sense but also seems like hassle.

Anyone had it done? Worth doing?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:04 - Sep 28 with 2402 viewsKeno

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:06 - Sep 28 with 2400 viewsCotty

Neither of those things. As always you overestimate yourself.

The Big V by Cotty 21 Jun 2021 15:28
El Snippo. Anybody taken the plunge?

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:10 - Sep 28 with 2376 viewsBlueBadger

I'm not sure what's more worrying - the fact that you decided this place was a good place to air this or the fact that you're apparently responsible for three children....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:22 - Sep 28 with 2306 viewsPhantasm

Had mine done at the turn of the year - zero issues all the way along. GP wasn't particularly rigorous in the questioning: "Are you both sure?" "Yes." "Ok I will refer." Appointment was booked about three weeks later.

Procedure itself was dominated by a collective effort on Popmaster (a bit unnerving admittedly and would have preferred focus on the job in hand) and when I mentioned discomfort they pumped more anaesthetic in there and it was all good.

At the very least it made for a week in bed free of obligation.
A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:31 - Sep 28 with 2266 viewshoppy

Yes - a few years back, shortly after we went through the heartache of CT being born sleeping, and not wanting either KJ or myself to have to ever go through that again... and deciding not to go with the option of her dad coming round with a couple of bricks (as already illustrated by my assistant, Keno) I had it done.

They said to have someone sympathetic bring me to the appointment, but as I couldn't find anyone that fitted that description, KJ came with me, and was very supportive and didn't find it at all funny, obviously.

I didn't really suffer any of the discomfort that they had tried to pre-prepare me that I might experience, but you don't ever let that on, as then you can't milk the after-care and taking it easy afterwards.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:33 - Sep 28 with 2255 viewsFtnfwest

Done years ago and took two goes as the little critters wouldn't go down fighting. I wouldn't call it the most pleasant 20 minutes (10 minutes x 2) of my life but not really that bad at all.
A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:38 - Sep 28 with 2207 viewsBluefish

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:06 - Sep 28 by Cotty

Neither of those things. As always you overestimate yourself.

The Big V by Cotty 21 Jun 2021 15:28
El Snippo. Anybody taken the plunge?

FFS was that this year? I must have been drunk that day

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:41 - Sep 28 with 2190 viewsCotty

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:38 - Sep 28 by Bluefish

FFS was that this year? I must have been drunk that day

I got referred by my GP shortly after that. Still to hear anything.
Login to get fewer ads

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:42 - Sep 28 with 2182 viewsKeno

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:31 - Sep 28 by hoppy

Yes - a few years back, shortly after we went through the heartache of CT being born sleeping, and not wanting either KJ or myself to have to ever go through that again... and deciding not to go with the option of her dad coming round with a couple of bricks (as already illustrated by my assistant, Keno) I had it done.

They said to have someone sympathetic bring me to the appointment, but as I couldn't find anyone that fitted that description, KJ came with me, and was very supportive and didn't find it at all funny, obviously.

I didn't really suffer any of the discomfort that they had tried to pre-prepare me that I might experience, but you don't ever let that on, as then you can't milk the after-care and taking it easy afterwards.

Always happy to help!

Not sure where they get 'its painless' from. Blooming hurt when I my thumb between the bricks on that first attempt

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:51 - Sep 28 with 2133 viewsFixed_It

It takes some balls...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:51 - Sep 28 with 2132 viewsBluefish

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:41 - Sep 28 by Cotty

I got referred by my GP shortly after that. Still to hear anything.

It is having to go to the doctors initially that is putting me off. It is so much hassle. I wonder if my online gp can refer

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:55 - Sep 28 with 2115 viewsCotty

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:51 - Sep 28 by Bluefish

It is having to go to the doctors initially that is putting me off. It is so much hassle. I wonder if my online gp can refer

Almost certainly yes. I just spoke to them on the phone anyway.
A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:55 - Sep 28 with 2112 viewsmrshallisfit

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:10 - Sep 28 by BlueBadger

I'm not sure what's more worrying - the fact that you decided this place was a good place to air this or the fact that you're apparently responsible for three children....

Definitely the bit about being responsible for 3 children.
A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 11:21 - Sep 28 with 2018 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I am toying with it myself, if you excuse the pun.

The part putting me off is just what happens to the Duncan Goodhews, as they have to go somewhere, it just can't be good for you right?
A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 12:08 - Sep 28 with 1923 viewshoppy

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:55 - Sep 28 by Cotty

Almost certainly yes. I just spoke to them on the phone anyway.

Wow. That really is going beyond the call of duty doing that for him... were they able to give him an appointment?

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 13:53 - Sep 28 with 1792 viewsCheltenham_Blue

You, of all people, should have it done immediately.
Happy to drive you there.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 13:57 - Sep 28 with 1775 viewschicoazul

If you must cheat on her, do the right thing and use a condom.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 15:06 - Sep 28 with 1714 viewslongtimefan

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 10:22 - Sep 28 by Phantasm

Had mine done at the turn of the year - zero issues all the way along. GP wasn't particularly rigorous in the questioning: "Are you both sure?" "Yes." "Ok I will refer." Appointment was booked about three weeks later.

Procedure itself was dominated by a collective effort on Popmaster (a bit unnerving admittedly and would have preferred focus on the job in hand) and when I mentioned discomfort they pumped more anaesthetic in there and it was all good.

At the very least it made for a week in bed free of obligation.

Had mine done during the second half of the 2002 World Cup England v Brazil quarter final match. Doctor was avidly listening to the commentary on the radio. First time ever or since that I wasn’t hoping for an England equaliser!
[Post edited 28 Sep 2021 15:07]
A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 15:25 - Sep 28 with 1678 viewshoppy

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 15:06 - Sep 28 by longtimefan

Had mine done during the second half of the 2002 World Cup England v Brazil quarter final match. Doctor was avidly listening to the commentary on the radio. First time ever or since that I wasn’t hoping for an England equaliser!
[Post edited 28 Sep 2021 15:07]

...or hit the woodwork...

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 16:32 - Sep 28 with 1624 viewsPinewoodblue

Will you change your username to Jaffa?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 16:42 - Sep 28 with 1612 viewsSwansea_Blue

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 13:57 - Sep 28 by chicoazul

If you must cheat on her, do the right thing and use a condom.

I've got a mental image of blubbers trying to work out condoms now

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 16:46 - Sep 28 with 1605 viewsElderGrizzly

I'm surprised you need the snip given you come across as a giant c..t
A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 16:47 - Sep 28 with 1602 viewsWD19

Like I said to your dad 43 years ago. Just do it. You will live to regret it otherwise.
A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 18:09 - Sep 28 with 1543 viewstextbackup

I’m considering it, but I’m really worried for her sake, that it won’t be as chewy as before.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

A new question and possibly a new low for twtd... vasectomy? on 18:29 - Sep 28 with 1509 viewsronnyd

Had mine done in 1969, wasn't available on NHS in those days, so a private clinic in Cambridge. Op progressed ok until the first snip and i really felt it. Had to have another shot of local and rest of op went off ok. Few days later severe bruising appeared from waist downt to mid thigh. Wife called doc out and his first words were "Jesus Christ, have you paid him yet". Prescribed pain killers, which was a Godsend as our oldest was in Addenbrookes at the time and we were visiting daily from Haverhill. Driving was interesting with nuts swollen twice normal size. All settled down after a few days and have never has issues since. My Doctor must have had a word as i never did receive a bill from the butcher/ surgeon. Don't let my tale of woe put you off though, as we had three kids under five and just didn't want any more.
Added...was 24 at the time.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2021 19:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024