Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, 07:55 - Feb 23 with 5482 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

was a Chelsea fan, and has appeared many times on the club's in-house channel, Chelsea TV.

So why is he now an Ipswich supporter? Are we now more fashionable than Chelsea?! Has he seen the popularity of Ed Sheeran and is trying to hitch a lift on that wagon?!

Enquiring minds must know.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 07:56 - Feb 23 with 3223 viewsSteve_M

Because he now lives somewhere just outside Ipswich.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 07:59 - Feb 23 with 3187 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 07:56 - Feb 23 by Steve_M

I lived in Crystal Palace but never supported them. I now live in Finsbury Park but I don't support Arsenal.

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:02 - Feb 23 with 3148 viewsSitfcB

Comedian Djalili Gets Acquainted With Town 8th Aug 2021 09:26
Comedian and actor Omid Djalili was at Portman Road yesterday for the Blues’ 2-2 home draw with Morecambe getting acquainted with his new local team. 27

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2021-08-27/comedian-omid-djalili-on-why-hes-fall

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:03 - Feb 23 with 3152 viewsChrisd

He seems to really enjoy his life in Suffolk and has fully embraced it. I’ve heard him in recent interviews discuss his love for the area and the fact he likes to go and watch us. Can’t really see what the problem is frankly, more publicity for us and a guy content with his life. What’s not to like?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 8:41]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:03 - Feb 23 with 3143 viewsSitfcB

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 07:56 - Feb 23 by Steve_M

He lives next to Christchurch Park.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:06 - Feb 23 with 3119 viewsDurovigutum

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 07:59 - Feb 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

I lived in Crystal Palace but never supported them. I now live in Finsbury Park but I don't support Arsenal.

I was born in Ipswich, lived in Croydon for many years, worked for Crystal Palace FC for a few years and watch out for their results, but I bleed blue.
Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:07 - Feb 23 with 3115 viewsitfcjoe

He lives in Ipswich and can walk down to the ground, I’m sure he’d still 100% say he is a Chelsea fan.

Lots of people move to Ipswich and start going to watch us, it’s the total hub of the town in almost every way

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:07 - Feb 23 with 3105 viewsGlasgowBlue

Quite simple. He’s a massive self confessed Chelsea fan. He’s move to Suffolk. He loves football. He’s watching his local team.

My dad was a Southampton fan. When I was 5.we were regulars at the Dell. When we moved to north east Essex my dad got a season ticket to Ipswich. My dad took me to every game. He remained a Southampton fan for the rest of his life.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 8:33]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:08 - Feb 23 with 3100 viewsBlueBoots

How you come to support a team isn't always based on geography...the closest ground to where I was born is Loftus Road, Stamford Bridge is the closest ground to where I've lived for 90% of my life (including now), but I had 2 very good reasons to become a Town fan...

(P.S. I cycle to Finsbury Park about 3-4 times a week on my fitness schedule )

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:08 - Feb 23 with 3090 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:03 - Feb 23 by Chrisd

He seems to really enjoy his life in Suffolk and has fully embraced it. I’ve heard him in recent interviews discuss his love for the area and the fact he likes to go and watch us. Can’t really see what the problem is frankly, more publicity for us and a guy content with his life. What’s not to like?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 8:41]

Where did I say it was a problem?

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:15 - Feb 23 with 3037 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:07 - Feb 23 by itfcjoe

He lives in Ipswich and can walk down to the ground, I’m sure he’d still 100% say he is a Chelsea fan.

Lots of people move to Ipswich and start going to watch us, it’s the total hub of the town in almost every way

I went on wiki as Lady Dollers didn't seem to know who he was and reckoned he hadn't been in anything lately... then read that he was born in Chelsea and was surprised he wasn't a Chelsea supporter.

Then I read further down "Djalili was a Chelsea fan, now Ipswich," hence my post. I must've missed the article Sitters linked above.

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:17 - Feb 23 with 3018 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:07 - Feb 23 by GlasgowBlue

Quite simple. He’s a massive self confessed Chelsea fan. He’s move to Suffolk. He loves football. He’s watching his local team.

My dad was a Southampton fan. When I was 5.we were regulars at the Dell. When we moved to north east Essex my dad got a season ticket to Ipswich. My dad took me to every game. He remained a Southampton fan for the rest of his life.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 8:33]

Yeah I was thrown by wiki saying, "Djalili was a Chelsea fan, now Ipswich."

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:18 - Feb 23 with 3006 viewsSteve_M

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:03 - Feb 23 by SitfcB

He lives next to Christchurch Park.

Ah ok, thought it was just outside when I read something a few months ago.

I fully expect hi to be extolling the virtues of The Woolpack and Greyhound soon then.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:37 - Feb 23 with 2866 viewshoppy

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:18 - Feb 23 by Steve_M

Ah ok, thought it was just outside when I read something a few months ago.

I fully expect hi to be extolling the virtues of The Woolpack and Greyhound soon then.

I’ve chatted to him a couple of times in The Dove, as he’s done a couple of unannounced sets in a New Act, New Material comedy night that Glass Eye Comedy host there.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:48 - Feb 23 with 2759 viewsFixed_It

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:37 - Feb 23 by hoppy

I’ve chatted to him a couple of times in The Dove, as he’s done a couple of unannounced sets in a New Act, New Material comedy night that Glass Eye Comedy host there.

And he still likes it here?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:55 - Feb 23 with 2704 viewsthebooks

When I lived in Hackney I used to go and watch — and support — Leyton Orient if Town were away, but I was still a Town fan.

I don’t think it’s that hard to understand, and he seems a very nice chap who’s embracing living in the town. ’s all good I reckon.

It did make me laugh when he suggested we sign Ronaldo and the reaction of the crowd was “nah”.
Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 09:03 - Feb 23 with 2662 viewsFixed_It

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:55 - Feb 23 by thebooks

When I lived in Hackney I used to go and watch — and support — Leyton Orient if Town were away, but I was still a Town fan.

I don’t think it’s that hard to understand, and he seems a very nice chap who’s embracing living in the town. ’s all good I reckon.

It did make me laugh when he suggested we sign Ronaldo and the reaction of the crowd was “nah”.

He spent quite a bit of time talking to the SAR Stand as he was directly in front of us. Unfortunately, the tannoy in there is so bad we can't make out a word of what is being said!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 09:11 - Feb 23 with 2609 viewshoppy

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:48 - Feb 23 by Fixed_It

And he still likes it here?!

Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 09:12 - Feb 23 with 2593 viewsJ2BLUE

Meh, who cares? Anyone of his profile who wants to say nice things about the club and go to games is more than welcome to.

I realise you never said he wasn't and your question was not meant like that!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 09:23 - Feb 23 with 2557 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:55 - Feb 23 by thebooks

As I've explained above, it's because wiki said he was a Chelsea fan, now Ipswich.

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 09:25 - Feb 23 with 2546 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 09:12 - Feb 23 by J2BLUE

Meh, who cares? Anyone of his profile who wants to say nice things about the club and go to games is more than welcome to.

I realise you never said he wasn't and your question was not meant like that!

Yeah I was just a bit confused. It happens a lot these days.

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 09:38 - Feb 23 with 2485 viewsSwansea_Blue

That’s because you’re a glory hunter who doesn’t support their local team. Def info.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 09:46 - Feb 23 with 2443 viewsclive_baker

You had a season ticket at Penge FC though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 10:07 - Feb 23 with 2328 viewsMattinLondon

Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 08:07 - Feb 23 by itfcjoe

Think it was Cole Skuse who said that he and other players found it hard to comprehend just how important and relevant the club is within the Town itself.

As a club, we’ll never be seen as a fashionable club by the National press when compared to teams in big metropolitan areas. But, clubs with a much bigger population than Ipswich would struggle to match our attendances after so long out of the spotlight.
Omid Djalili was born in Chelsea, on 10:11 - Feb 23 with 2294 viewsMaySixth

I am always suspicious of anyone who changes their football team.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024