Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him 22:11 - Apr 2 with 2627 viewsjasondozzell

I know he's had a lean spell but I love his effort and energy. Even when he was warming up he was arguing with the ref for corner that wasn't given.

I don't know what KMac's thoughts are but I think he is worth keeping.
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:21 - Apr 2 with 2190 viewsdavblue

I would imagine the wages and the cost will mean we won’t bring him in. Not sure McKenna is a huge fan either with the lack of opportunities given during his time here.
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:22 - Apr 2 with 2170 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I would give his effort and energy. Sign me. I'm cheap.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:25 - Apr 2 with 2158 viewsGarv

He needs some serious work if we're going to keep him.

If today was how he's going to be, we don't want him. He just makes the wrong choice so often. Confidence is low and you can tell that with how he often takes the ball away from goal just so he can keep possession and not lose it, if we can get that confidence back then maybe.

But I thought he was pretty awful today. Arguing with other players and the ref while we're about to take a throw and try to get back in the game doesn't help either, all he did was slow the game down and waste time for them.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:26 - Apr 2 with 2159 viewsStewart27

KM won’t sign him.

Even Norwood is starting ahead of him and that’s saying something.
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:26 - Apr 2 with 2157 viewsjasondozzell

Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:21 - Apr 2 by davblue

I would imagine the wages and the cost will mean we won’t bring him in. Not sure McKenna is a huge fan either with the lack of opportunities given during his time here.

Yeah, he's not really given him a run has he. I suppose wouldn't be surprise if he's gone, but mckenna seems able to improve players. Bonne is better technically than he first appears despite the bash brother stuff.
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:28 - Apr 2 with 2147 viewsjasondozzell

Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:22 - Apr 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

😁

I know he needs to do more but he was great at start of the season and him being from Ipswich did seem to add something. Just a shame he hasn't recaptured that form.
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:28 - Apr 2 with 2139 viewsGarv

Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:26 - Apr 2 by Stewart27

KM won’t sign him.

Says Norwood is a better striker than him.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:29 - Apr 2 with 2136 viewsdavblue

Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:22 - Apr 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

Cheap but disruptive?
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 22:29]
Login to get fewer ads

Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:29 - Apr 2 with 2129 viewsEastTownBlue

I would have loved us to sign him back in January but less so now. The other clubs that were supposedly interested back then may well have also cooled their interest.

I can't see him being here next season.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 22:32]
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:30 - Apr 2 with 2119 viewsjasondozzell

KM won’t sign him.

Fear you're right. He definitely seems to prefer Nors. Wonder why as I think Bonne is technically better
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:30 - Apr 2 with 2113 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

If we can agree a deal, which we are hoping to, we will sign him
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:34 - Apr 2 with 2099 viewsjasondozzell

Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:25 - Apr 2 by Garv

He needs some serious work if we're going to keep him.

If today was how he's going to be, we don't want him. He just makes the wrong choice so often. Confidence is low and you can tell that with how he often takes the ball away from goal just so he can keep possession and not lose it, if we can get that confidence back then maybe.

But I thought he was pretty awful today. Arguing with other players and the ref while we're about to take a throw and try to get back in the game doesn't help either, all he did was slow the game down and waste time for them.

Yeah I think his desperation too have an impact sometimes works against him in that he gets bogged down in tussles and arguments with ref. Love his passion though.

You're spot on about confidence. At start of season he was main man and everything seemed to come off. He looks a bit unsure now.

I really hope we do keep him though. Fans are so fickle sometimes and easy to forget how much we were singing his praises in first part of season.
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:34 - Apr 2 with 2100 viewsFoD_Blue

It's a deliberate ploy. He has stopped scoring so that his value is reduced. We then sign him for next to nothing and he goes on to be the League 1 leading scorer next season.
One of our own!
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:34 - Apr 2 with 2093 viewsjasondozzell

Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:30 - Apr 2 by No_Moore_Kieffer

If we can agree a deal, which we are hoping to, we will sign him

Hope you're right!
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:36 - Apr 2 with 2078 viewslazyblue

KM won’t sign him.

And 100% both are leaving
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:38 - Apr 2 with 2058 viewsjasondozzell

Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:34 - Apr 2 by FoD_Blue

It's a deliberate ploy. He has stopped scoring so that his value is reduced. We then sign him for next to nothing and he goes on to be the League 1 leading scorer next season.
One of our own!

Always one step ahead. Bonne to score 30 next season!
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:39 - Apr 2 with 2051 viewsjasondozzell

Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:36 - Apr 2 by lazyblue

And 100% both are leaving

No more Bash Brothers?
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:42 - Apr 2 with 2047 viewsJuggsy

Seems he’s been awful since telling qpr not to recall him and getting told to get back in his box. He must be desperate for the move but he’s not really done anything to warrant it recently has he?
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:46 - Apr 2 with 2017 viewsjasondozzell

Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:42 - Apr 2 by Juggsy

Seems he’s been awful since telling qpr not to recall him and getting told to get back in his box. He must be desperate for the move but he’s not really done anything to warrant it recently has he?

No but to be fair he’s been in and out of side. I agree that he will be desperate for move. If a deal can be done I think he’s a pretty good option to have - his physicality is useful and there’s a player there.
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 00:30 - Apr 3 with 1764 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:46 - Apr 2 by jasondozzell

No but to be fair he’s been in and out of side. I agree that he will be desperate for move. If a deal can be done I think he’s a pretty good option to have - his physicality is useful and there’s a player there.

disagree. When not scoring, he offers nothing. Where is this physicality you talk off? He is chasing shadows most of the time, never wins flick-ons, seems to have low in-game intelligence and nearly always offside. I really like the man but as a player he isn't effective enough for a KM side imo. The hot-streak at the start of the season was surely just a freak.
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 01:00 - Apr 3 with 1740 viewsBlueBadger

Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 22:28 - Apr 2 by Garv

Says Norwood is a better striker than him.

LOL

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 01:56 - Apr 3 with 1698 viewsBigCommon

Personally think that attributes such as, enthusiasm, attitude, effort, work rate, and such . Should be an absolute "given" for any player. Along with fitness, they are bare minimum, if that...
You have to say, that the last few games in particular, have been set up nicely for someone like Bonne and one or two others, to be absolute hero's... But nobody, including Macca, has grabbed that chance. For whatever reason. Up that end of the pitch... And you have to ,also say, that all of our current forwards have been given a crack at it. Admittedly, some more than others.. Bonne, for me, has had the lions share of opportunities, to kick start a run of form... I'm not going to say "it hasn't happened for him"... Because sometimes you have to dig a bit deeper, and make it happen, yourself, especially at professional athlete level.. If you are capable of doing that, imo, people will trust you more, and feel more confident in relying on you, "when it matters".. If you can't be relied upon, in a group that needs to rely upon each other... Well, you get where I'm going with this..... Brutal logic....
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 08:32 - Apr 3 with 1493 viewsRegencyBlue

McKenna has implied he wants to keep Jackson from what he’s said publicly. He’s been pretty quiet about the other three strikers and I can’t see any of them being here next season.

We need to bring in proven quality up front and it’s going to cost us.
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 08:49 - Apr 3 with 1455 viewsgtsb1966

Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 08:32 - Apr 3 by RegencyBlue

McKenna has implied he wants to keep Jackson from what he’s said publicly. He’s been pretty quiet about the other three strikers and I can’t see any of them being here next season.

We need to bring in proven quality up front and it’s going to cost us.

I think you're spot on. Only Jackson will be here out of the four.
Bonne's enthusiasm - hope we keep him on 08:58 - Apr 3 with 1427 viewsVeggie

Effort and energy mean nothing if it doesn’t produce anything on the pitch. See also Alan Judge.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024