Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil 13:24 - Sep 3 with 5489 viewsBlueRaider

Hi Phil, do you have any idea what the timescale is for this ?

It will be good to be able to pick a team without the loan restriction affecting us

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 13:28 - Sep 3 with 4812 viewsFrimleyBlue

The Fa being the FA, it could take a while

Story recently of a local boy, 12 years old....... went abroad aged 2 months until 4 months old......

Been in UK ever since, been playing football.

Currently unable to play football as suspended until international clearance has been granted by the FA for the 2 months he was abroad...................

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 13:30 - Sep 3 with 4799 viewsBluefish

Just leave donacien out until he sorts it, it is his own fault really if he was going to be bad at sorting admin he should have just been born in England

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 13:38 - Sep 3 with 4764 viewsGuthrum

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 13:28 - Sep 3 by FrimleyBlue

Story recently of a local boy, 12 years old....... went abroad aged 2 months until 4 months old......

Currently unable to play football as suspended until international clearance has been granted by the FA for the 2 months he was abroad...................

This is nothing to do with the FA (didn't need international clearance as was previously playing for an English club).

It's about his leave to remain living and working in the UK as a person. Thus a matter for the Home Office/immigration/passport services.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 13:39 - Sep 3 with 4751 viewsBluefish

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 13:38 - Sep 3 by Guthrum

This is nothing to do with the FA (didn't need international clearance as was previously playing for an English club).

It's about his leave to remain living and working in the UK as a person. Thus a matter for the Home Office/immigration/passport services.

Be nice to frimley, I know he was wrong but he was less wrong than normal

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 13:44 - Sep 3 with 4726 viewschicoazul

Hostile environment. All those Ipswich supporting Tory voters did this to themselves.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 13:56 - Sep 3 with 4701 viewsPhilTWTD

It's not a work permit per se but discretionary leave to remain. It's all but done from what Paul H said yesterday and Stuart Hayton, the club secretary, said a couple of weeks ago. Donacien is just waiting for his passport to be returned with the stamp confirming it's done. Paul H said he hoped it would be done before the next match. Just realised I missed it out of the quotes yesterday but have added.

“Yes, I’d spoken JD and I was going to play Jordan Spence. The fact he wasn’t involved in the 18 was down to the loan difficulties that we’re having.

“I’m hoping that that will be sorted out for our next game in a couple of weeks because everything is supposedly in place but he’s just waiting for some kind of documentation then that can then be made into a permanent transfer.”

Bit from Stuart Hayton at the end of this:

Donacien: Everyone Seems to Be Gelling Well 20th Aug 2018 06:00
New right-back Janoi Donacien believes fans and players are “gelling well together” following a summer of change which saw nine new additions to the squad under incoming manager Paul Hurst. The St Lucian felt the backing of the Portman Road faithful helped the 10-man Blues to record Saturday’s 1-1 home draw with Aston Villa. 15

This post has been edited by an administrator
Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 14:00 - Sep 3 with 4676 viewsPinewoodblue

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 13:44 - Sep 3 by chicoazul

Hostile environment. All those Ipswich supporting Tory voters did this to themselves.

Ipswich has a Labour MP

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 14:10 - Sep 3 with 4625 viewsfactual_blue

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 13:56 - Sep 3 by PhilTWTD

It's not a work permit per se but discretionary leave to remain. It's all but done from what Paul H said yesterday and Stuart Hayton, the club secretary, said a couple of weeks ago. Donacien is just waiting for his passport to be returned with the stamp confirming it's done. Paul H said he hoped it would be done before the next match. Just realised I missed it out of the quotes yesterday but have added.

“Yes, I’d spoken JD and I was going to play Jordan Spence. The fact he wasn’t involved in the 18 was down to the loan difficulties that we’re having.

“I’m hoping that that will be sorted out for our next game in a couple of weeks because everything is supposedly in place but he’s just waiting for some kind of documentation then that can then be made into a permanent transfer.”

New right-back Janoi Donacien believes fans and players are “gelling well together” following a summer of change which saw nine new additions to the squad under incoming manager Paul Hurst. The St Lucian felt the backing of the Portman Road faithful helped the 10-man Blues to record Saturday’s 1-1 home draw with Aston Villa. 15

Although presumably he & Bart and Knudsen will have to leave the country on 30 March next year.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 14:31 - Sep 3 with 4566 viewsCotty

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 13:28 - Sep 3 by FrimleyBlue

It's nothing to do with FA, everything to do with the home office.
Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 14:44 - Sep 3 with 4505 viewspickles110564

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 14:10 - Sep 3 by factual_blue

Although presumably he & Bart and Knudsen will have to leave the country on 30 March next year.

Nope, we are not being as childish as the EU, we have already agreed people here already can stay.
Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 16:02 - Sep 3 with 4439 viewsElderGrizzly

Most EU will need to 'pay' for a permit to stay apparently. I was speaking to some Polish workers in Cambridgeshire at the weekend and they have said they need to 're-register' and pay a fee to be allowed to stay.

I didn't think it had got that far or ridiculous.
Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 16:17 - Sep 3 with 4397 viewsJeff_winger

I met Donacien when I was heading up to the family enclosure with my children.
He was with Freddie both stopped for photos and them came back again later when the boy decided he needed autographs aswell.

Asked JD about his passport he said hes expecting anyday but its going well (whatever that means)

both guys were top blokes with time for the youngsters, also Freddie is tiny
Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 16:18 - Sep 3 with 4388 viewsGlasgowBlue

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 16:02 - Sep 3 by ElderGrizzly

Most EU will need to 'pay' for a permit to stay apparently. I was speaking to some Polish workers in Cambridgeshire at the weekend and they have said they need to 're-register' and pay a fee to be allowed to stay.

I'm not sure why you think that is ridiculous. Surely it is better to have official settled status documentation rather than have another Windrush fcuk up in twenty or thirty years time.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 16:21 - Sep 3 with 4375 viewsfooters

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 16:18 - Sep 3 by GlasgowBlue

I'm not sure why you think that is ridiculous. Surely it is better to have official settled status documentation rather than have another Windrush fcuk up in twenty or thirty years time.

The government could just knock the cost off their previous and continued contributions to the exchequer? A sign of goodwill and attempt to keep key workers in the country?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 16:29 - Sep 3 with 4345 viewsGlasgowBlue

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 16:21 - Sep 3 by footers

The government could just knock the cost off their previous and continued contributions to the exchequer? A sign of goodwill and attempt to keep key workers in the country?

Perhaps they can also just knock the cost of my renewed passport considering my previous and continued contributions to the exchequer? No?

I really don't see the gripe here. The UK has unilaterally guaranteed EU citizens settled status in the UK. You talk about goodwill yet there has been no such guarantee to UK citizens living in the EU.

There is obviously an administrative cost to the settled status process. What school or hospital budget would you like to take this money from?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 16:30]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 16:38 - Sep 3 with 4302 viewsfooters

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 16:29 - Sep 3 by GlasgowBlue

Perhaps they can also just knock the cost of my renewed passport considering my previous and continued contributions to the exchequer? No?

I really don't see the gripe here. The UK has unilaterally guaranteed EU citizens settled status in the UK. You talk about goodwill yet there has been no such guarantee to UK citizens living in the EU.

There is obviously an administrative cost to the settled status process. What school or hospital budget would you like to take this money from?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 16:30]

The EU isn't going to lose a lot of key workers post-Brexit, we are. That comes at a cost.

Even if we agree that a minimal processing fee should be paid, I still think it causes unnecessary friction for people who had no choice in the matter and whose livelihoods are at risk because of the decision. Tensions are high enough in this country without an extra level of aggro. The cost would be minimal compared to that sense of detachment imo.

What the EU does is its own business and they were always likely to play hardball. Liam Fox said that it would be the easiest deal ever done FFS! Playing like this with people's lives is unnecessary and both sides should have acted far faster in their guarantees to citizens, and for me, that process should be without cost.

But I don't really want to hijack a thread about Donacien!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 16:43 - Sep 3 with 4292 viewsMullet

I thought Spence played well yesterday by and large, but given his recent improvements I'm really surprised by that. I thought Donacien deserved his place on merit and maybe Edun or Chalobah who were on the bench may have missed out.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 17:11 - Sep 3 with 4248 viewsPhilTWTD

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 16:43 - Sep 3 by Mullet

I thought Spence played well yesterday by and large, but given his recent improvements I'm really surprised by that. I thought Donacien deserved his place on merit and maybe Edun or Chalobah who were on the bench may have missed out.

Surprised me as well, assumed Graham would have been left out after PH's comments earlier in the week. I wonder whether he wanted a right-back who was more attacking, which I think Spence is from what we've seen of Donacien so far.
Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 17:14 - Sep 3 with 4231 viewsPJH

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 17:11 - Sep 3 by PhilTWTD

Surprised me as well, assumed Graham would have been left out after PH's comments earlier in the week. I wonder whether he wanted a right-back who was more attacking, which I think Spence is from what we've seen of Donacien so far.

I think in the debate on here as to which of the six would miss out the consensus was that it would most likely be Graham.
I though Donacien would be a certain starter.
Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 17:27 - Sep 3 with 4195 viewsbluebare

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 16:43 - Sep 3 by Mullet

Spence was awful out of position most of the time and couldn't pass wind. As for the passport/work permit would that make a difference to the loan quota as the window is shut and cant be signed as a permanent player till next window? Graham was woeful as well
Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 17:58 - Sep 3 with 4133 viewsMullet

Although strange that Spence didn't do enough to support Edwards, (maybe neither can catch him and we need to look at CM there) and there has been the odd good cross from Donacien into the box who I think AS fans felt was capable of attacking.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 18:05 - Sep 3 with 4107 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

If that were true -Looking at our squad mainly English. Norwich wouldn’t have many players left!
Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 18:26 - Sep 3 with 4065 viewsCoco

Stanley fans said he was almost like a winger due to his attacking qualities.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 18:38 - Sep 3 with 4053 viewsfactual_blue

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 16:02 - Sep 3 by ElderGrizzly

All the people who want this sorry farrago to continue are small-minded bigots.

I expect in a few moments to be able to list the user names of some of them...

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 19:47 - Sep 3 with 3940 viewsbraveblue

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 16:21 - Sep 3 by footers

So you want to pay for it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024