Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see that the Spurs fan..... 12:38 - Dec 3 with 6352 viewsBloots

....that lobbed a banana skin onto the pitch yesterday has been given an indefinite ban.

The general consensus from many, including Ian Wright amongst others, is that this was an act of racism.

Am I on my own in just not getting that at all?

There are calls from a number of camps that it now needs to be a criminal investigation and that he should be convicted of a hate crime.

Surely he was just eating a banana and lobbed it on the pitch because they conceded?

The thought that he went in, ate his banana and then held onto it until a black player scored so that he could throw it at him when he celebrated in front of him is a bit far fetched.

They keep comparing it to the incident with Barnes, but it really isn't the same.

Does this now make me racist?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 14:28 - Dec 3 with 1384 viewsGarv

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 12:51 - Dec 3 by J2BLUE

Football lasts less than two hours. I've never really got people eating during the game/half time.

My half time snack of choice is usually the highlight of the game.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 14:44 - Dec 3 with 1358 viewstextbackup

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 12:49 - Dec 3 by SitfcB

But what if the goalscorer was white and the banana skin had still been thrown?

YOu never seen the newest planet of the apes film? There’s a white gorilla, so it would still be racist.... or not

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 17:05 - Dec 3 with 1311 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

Shame really. i know the bloke and he just finished his nana and was on his way to put the skin in the bin like any good fan would. Then Arsenal just scored and in the chaos he fell and the skin slipped out of his fingers and landed on the pitch.

Perspective is everything in these situations.

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 17:47 - Dec 3 with 1278 viewsBlueBadger

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 17:05 - Dec 3 by SimonCleggsNeck

Shame really. i know the bloke and he just finished his nana and was on his way to put the skin in the bin like any good fan would. Then Arsenal just scored and in the chaos he fell and the skin slipped out of his fingers and landed on the pitch.

Perspective is everything in these situations.

I think I saw him in A&E the other week after he tripped whilst hoovering in the nude and caught his cock in the nozzle.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2018 18:51]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 17:48 - Dec 3 with 1269 viewsSpruceMoose

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 17:47 - Dec 3 by BlueBadger

I think I saw him in A&E the other week after he tripped whilst hoovering in the nude and caught his cock in the nozzle.

That was a week after he fell off a ladder and a lightbulb went up his bum wasn't it?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 17:52 - Dec 3 with 1266 viewsPinewoodblue

The fan was arrested, has been charged and now on bail to attend court later this month. He may, or may not, be convicted with regards to racism but he will no doubt plead guilty to throwing a missile on the pitch and receive a banning order as a result. Spurs have banned him pending the result of the court hearing which is normal practise.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 18:24 - Dec 3 with 1243 viewsDubtractor

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 12:54 - Dec 3 by JakeITFC

Think there's a clear difference between throwing a banana at white person and a black person.

Whilst I'm pretty certain that the bloke hasn't taken a banana in to chuck at Aubameyang, I think it's fairly clear that it would be seen as big deal when it happens. Benefit of the doubt says stupid rather than a hate crime, but it really is very stupid.

This is it isn't it?

Like Bloots the thought crossed my mind that the bloke just threw whatever was in his hand, but you'd have to be a pretty dim individual to not join the dots in your head before throwing it.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 18:26 - Dec 3 with 1237 viewsSpruceMoose

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 18:24 - Dec 3 by Dubtractor

This is it isn't it?

Like Bloots the thought crossed my mind that the bloke just threw whatever was in his hand, but you'd have to be a pretty dim individual to not join the dots in your head before throwing it.

From a professional perspective surely to wanton littering of an organic item must have enraged you?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 18:29 - Dec 3 with 1229 viewsjeera

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 17:47 - Dec 3 by BlueBadger

Don't you just hate it when that happens.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 18:30 - Dec 3 with 1230 viewsDubtractor

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 18:26 - Dec 3 by SpruceMoose

From a professional perspective surely to wanton littering of an organic item must have enraged you?

I dunno, if its disposed of outside of municipal arisings it saves money to the public purse.

Plus its biodegradable so not really litter.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 18:30 - Dec 3 with 1224 viewsSpruceMoose

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 18:30 - Dec 3 by Dubtractor

I dunno, if its disposed of outside of municipal arisings it saves money to the public purse.

Plus its biodegradable so not really litter.

Shouldn't even have bananas in the UK if you ask me. Local fruits for local people.

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 19:15 - Dec 3 with 1192 viewsGeoffSentence

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 12:42 - Dec 3 by GlebeTractor

Who the feck takes a banana to football?

racists

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I see that the Spurs fan..... on 23:41 - Dec 3 with 1150 viewsFelstow1978

There's times at PR that throwing an entire fecking greengrocer's market stall onto the pitch in exchange for a lifetime ban is an appealing proposition

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024