Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement 16:00 - Jan 15 with 5263 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/35275/twtd-possible-data-breach-announce

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:03 - Jan 15 with 4593 viewsSpruceMoose

Balls. What data do you suspect has been accessed (if you're able to answer that?)
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 16:05]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:09 - Jan 15 with 4529 viewsGavTWTD

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:03 - Jan 15 by SpruceMoose

Balls. What data do you suspect has been accessed (if you're able to answer that?)

The email address and password that you use on TWTD.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:10 - Jan 15 with 4518 viewsDanTheMan

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:03 - Jan 15 by SpruceMoose

I too would like to know if passwords have been lost.

Just a reminder to everyone though, get yourself a password manager!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:12 - Jan 15 with 4504 viewsSpruceMoose

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:09 - Jan 15 by GavTWTD

Got it, thanks.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:18 - Jan 15 with 4438 viewsWD19

I suspected the same over the weekend. Didn't report it, but changed my TWTD password at the time and this confirms my suspicions.
TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:19 - Jan 15 with 4418 viewsSpruceMoose

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:18 - Jan 15 by WD19

I suspected the same over the weekend. Didn't report it, but changed my TWTD password at the time and this confirms my suspicions.

How do you mean? A post you don't remember making? Upvotes/downvotes you didn't make?

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:25 - Jan 15 with 4355 viewsartsbossbeard

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:19 - Jan 15 by SpruceMoose

How do you mean? A post you don't remember making? Upvotes/downvotes you didn't make?

Something sensical posted, I'd imagine?

*joke*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:31 - Jan 15 with 4304 viewsBurwell_Blue

If you are not using something like https://lastpass.com/create-account.php across all your devices in 2019, you should.
Login to get fewer ads

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:33 - Jan 15 with 4287 viewsSamuelowen88

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:31 - Jan 15 by Burwell_Blue

If you are not using something like https://lastpass.com/create-account.php across all your devices in 2019, you should.

How is that more secure? Surely someone could hack the password for that and then have access to everything???

Poll: England v Wales Score

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:33 - Jan 15 with 4287 viewschorltonskylineblue

@GavTWTD If you change your password does it automatically sign you out of any devices you were logged into using your old password?
TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:34 - Jan 15 with 4276 viewsSpruceMoose

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:33 - Jan 15 by chorltonskylineblue

@GavTWTD If you change your password does it automatically sign you out of any devices you were logged into using your old password?

I've only ever been able to log in on one device at at a time. If I was logged in on my laptop, then sign in on my phone, it logs me out of my laptop.

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:41 - Jan 15 with 4235 viewsBurwell_Blue

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:33 - Jan 15 by Samuelowen88

How is that more secure? Surely someone could hack the password for that and then have access to everything???

You have 1 master password which you have to remember. That's all. The others are all generated randomly for you and stored securely.

So we have been asked to change the password on here but for me, whats the point? That password would have only ever have been used on here as I had the App generate it, even I don't know what it was.
TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:41 - Jan 15 with 4237 viewsGavTWTD

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:33 - Jan 15 by chorltonskylineblue

As Spruce said, you can only log in one at a time, so in effect, yes, just by loggin in fresh.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:52 - Jan 15 with 4165 viewsDanTheMan

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:33 - Jan 15 by Samuelowen88

As someone said below, that is possible but also unlikely as basically their whole job is making sure those passwords are secure.

Without wishing to rub salt in the wound, generally passwords today are stored hashed and salted (or more basically turned into a form where you can't work out what the password is unless you have the source).

So in the case of LastPass even if the database was accessed then it would take potentially months before even one password was cracked.

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:59 - Jan 15 with 4115 viewsSteve_M

CIL and her handlers in St Petersburg. Def info.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 17:00 - Jan 15 with 4111 viewsSwansea_Blue

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:52 - Jan 15 by DanTheMan

As someone said below, that is possible but also unlikely as basically their whole job is making sure those passwords are secure.

Without wishing to rub salt in the wound, generally passwords today are stored hashed and salted (or more basically turned into a form where you can't work out what the password is unless you have the source).

So in the case of LastPass even if the database was accessed then it would take potentially months before even one password was cracked.

Even for my standard password, which is 'passw0rd'. I keep that very secure - do you think I need to use a password manager for that?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 17:02 - Jan 15 with 4091 viewsDanTheMan

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 17:00 - Jan 15 by Swansea_Blue

Even for my standard password, which is 'passw0rd'. I keep that very secure - do you think I need to use a password manager for that?

That's 100% secure, nobody would ever guess that, especially not an automated system.

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 17:03 - Jan 15 with 4087 viewsSwansea_Blue

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 17:02 - Jan 15 by DanTheMan

That's 100% secure, nobody would ever guess that, especially not an automated system.

Cool, thanks

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 17:35 - Jan 15 with 3924 viewshoppy

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 17:00 - Jan 15 by Swansea_Blue

Ditto

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 17:39 - Jan 15 with 3914 viewsSpruceMoose

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 17:35 - Jan 15 by hoppy

Ditto

You guys might be interested in SpruceSafe Online. PM bank account deets for deets.

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 18:17 - Jan 15 with 3803 viewshoppy

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 17:39 - Jan 15 by SpruceMoose

You guys might be interested in SpruceSafe Online. PM bank account deets for deets.

No, it's fine thanks. Dan said it's 100% secure, so happy days!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 18:19 - Jan 15 with 3797 viewsSpruceMoose

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 18:17 - Jan 15 by hoppy

No, it's fine thanks. Dan said it's 100% secure, so happy days!

Dan is probably the only poster on here capable of carrying out the hack.

Just sayin'.

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 19:33 - Jan 15 with 3705 viewsBluebell

I am so glad I use an spare account for anything related to this forum.

That email I got addressed to Bluebell was just weird!
TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 12:15 - Jan 17 with 3470 viewsMVBlue

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 16:09 - Jan 15 by GavTWTD

Gav were the passwords stored hashed and salted, not plain text, as a secure storage format?

Was surprised to see this notice, really does affect everyone these days.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 00:26 - Jan 19 with 3340 viewsMVBlue

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 12:15 - Jan 17 by MVBlue

Gav were the passwords stored hashed and salted, not plain text, as a secure storage format?

Was surprised to see this notice, really does affect everyone these days.

Passwords protected Or not??

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024