Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 game week coming up 09:48 - Sep 12 with 3213 viewsitfcjoe

Imagine that there will be a fair bit of rotation coming up - and Saturday's team will be picked with the following 2 in mind.

Wonder how Lambert will play it, the fact we only really have 2 fit strikers may see us try a 433 or 1 up front for at least 1 of the games to give everyone a rest.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

3 game week coming up on 09:50 - Sep 12 with 2859 viewsBigManBlue

Can't see us messing around with the strikers unless anyone looks like an injury concern - may well see the midfield getting shaken about a bit given we've got so many options and players coming back who need minutes.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

3 game week coming up on 09:51 - Sep 12 with 2851 viewsStokieBlue

Let's hope not after the experiment against Wimbledon.

Surely professionals can play 3 matches in 7 days and then have a 7 day break and be fine?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

3 game week coming up on 09:59 - Sep 12 with 2800 viewsPinewoodblue

One game at a time. Doncaster is an important game, lose and they are level on points and they have a game in hand.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

3 game week coming up on 09:59 - Sep 12 with 2805 viewsSomethingBlue

Saturday's is surely the hardest game, against a possible challenger for promotion, so would expect him to go full tilt with what's broadly worked so far and then look at the rest. One of the away games might be appealing for the 4-3-3 scenario you suggest.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

3 game week coming up on 10:01 - Sep 12 with 2792 viewsIpswichKnight

I can see us playing one up or 4-3-3 at Gillingham, Donny and MkDons will not be pushovers so I wouldn't change that much against them. Might shuffle Chambers out at MKDons for Wilson.

Would you give Dobra a game in one of these fixtures?
3 game week coming up on 10:09 - Sep 12 with 2753 viewsDarth_Koont

I know it's a league below but exciting to see what happens.

- We're at the top of the league
- We haven't played all that well at times and looks like there's more in the tank
- Players are getting up to speed fitness and form or just back from injury
- We have real competition in most positions

It will be fascinating to see how we (and Lambert) manage from a position of relative strength after all these years of punching upwards at best. To rotate or not to rotate: that looks like the biggest question.

Pronouns: He/Him

Nah, sod em.... on 10:11 - Sep 12 with 2742 viewsBloots

....they've just had a week off.

Keane will start taking some of the minutes off Norwood and Jackson soon anyway.

The squad can naturally rotate a bit now that players are coming back to match fitness.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

3 game week coming up on 10:12 - Sep 12 with 2731 viewsitfcjoe

3 game week coming up on 09:59 - Sep 12 by SomethingBlue

Saturday's is surely the hardest game, against a possible challenger for promotion, so would expect him to go full tilt with what's broadly worked so far and then look at the rest. One of the away games might be appealing for the 4-3-3 scenario you suggest.

It's going to be an awkward one to manage because the games are in order of difficulty in reality - hardest first.

I imagine it will be strongest team Saturday, with possibly one change from last week which will be Judge out after he has been on international duty and started midweek for possibly Georgiou (who also travelled but less minutes) and possibly Edwards in for Rowe who hasn't been as good the last couple of games

Login to get fewer ads

3 game week coming up on 10:25 - Sep 12 with 2669 viewsPinewoodblue

3 game week coming up on 10:12 - Sep 12 by itfcjoe

It's going to be an awkward one to manage because the games are in order of difficulty in reality - hardest first.

I imagine it will be strongest team Saturday, with possibly one change from last week which will be Judge out after he has been on international duty and started midweek for possibly Georgiou (who also travelled but less minutes) and possibly Edwards in for Rowe who hasn't been as good the last couple of games

Do you think, as the season progresses, we will see more academy products starting.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

3 game week coming up on 10:27 - Sep 12 with 2660 viewsMetal_Hacker

Yeah one game at a time . Get Donny outta the way as this will be real test to be fair . Living up in Sheffield and having plenty of customers over Donny way ,they're quietly confident about their own ability and are more than happy with the start to their season .

Whether they can sustain the challenge we'll wait and see but start with Saturday and use our strongest 11

Midweek and a week Saturday may well take care of themselves to be fair (injuries etc)

Poll: If it were one or the other

3 game week coming up on 10:31 - Sep 12 with 2628 viewsitfcjoe

3 game week coming up on 10:25 - Sep 12 by Pinewoodblue

Do you think, as the season progresses, we will see more academy products starting.

I don't see anyone breaking through into the first team squad who isn't there already as the squad is just stacked with numbers and quality.

But the first team squad already has loads - guess the wildcards are Dobra getting more of a role and how Folami and Morris look when they get back to fitness as both could add something to us

3 game week coming up on 10:46 - Sep 12 with 2576 viewsMrTown

Holy
KVY - Woolfenden - Chambers - Kenlock
Rowe - Downes - Skuse - Edwards
Norwood - Jackson

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

3 game week coming up on 11:27 - Sep 12 with 2495 viewsrickw

I don't think we'll make that many changes, Lambert might want to rest Chambers and Skuse a game each as they're both a bit old now...

Fringe players might also be rotated (the wide men, Kenlock) and I'm sure Keane will start to get some minutes

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

3 game week coming up on 11:57 - Sep 12 with 2403 viewsWickets

3 game week coming up on 09:50 - Sep 12 by BigManBlue

Can't see us messing around with the strikers unless anyone looks like an injury concern - may well see the midfield getting shaken about a bit given we've got so many options and players coming back who need minutes.

Think your right its more likely that if we are winning after about 60 mins one of them will be subbed so they only play an hour !
3 game week coming up on 11:58 - Sep 12 with 2398 viewschicoazul

Is KEane still miles away from fit..?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

3 game week coming up on 12:00 - Sep 12 with 2386 viewswkj

3 game week coming up on 11:58 - Sep 12 by chicoazul

Is KEane still miles away from fit..?

He'll be ready for his 45minutes for the season soon enough, patience.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

3 game week coming up on 12:03 - Sep 12 with 2366 viewsBiGDonnie

Keane not able to feature later in the week?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

3 game week coming up on 12:04 - Sep 12 with 2364 viewsportmanroadblue

There is always the option to start with the strongest team every game, and replace playersafter 60mins or earlier if we have a good lead.
3 game week coming up on 12:05 - Sep 12 with 2363 viewsKieran_Knows

Think as a few have said, strongest team on Saturday, followed by a couple of changes on Tuesday night, and then (barring injury or suspension), back to the same team as this weekend for Gillingham ... coming out with 9 points.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

3 game week coming up on 12:06 - Sep 12 with 2357 viewswkj

3 game week coming up on 12:04 - Sep 12 by portmanroadblue

There is always the option to start with the strongest team every game, and replace playersafter 60mins or earlier if we have a good lead.

Exactly, we have players who can play in the role of striker to see games out too, I believe Nolan, Roberts and Judge have deputised as game closing strikers in their careers

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

3 game week coming up on 12:17 - Sep 12 with 2333 viewsSamWhiteUK

3 game week coming up on 10:12 - Sep 12 by itfcjoe

Why do you think having the hardest game first is awkward? I would have thought that was the better way around.

Play your strongest team first out. Then, if things get difficult, you are more able to swap players, as the games will (on paper) be easier.

If it was easiest first, you'd have the arguably bigger dilemma of deciding who to rest, and hold back, who can play all three games, who might get injured for a harder game, etc.
3 game week coming up on 14:51 - Sep 12 with 2157 viewsIllinoisblue

put your life savings on Coppinger scoring.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

3 game week coming up on 17:52 - Sep 12 with 2056 viewsAlanG296

3 game week? A week is 7 days not 8. So it's games on Saturdays as normal plus a midweek game. The sort of thing that has happened several times a season as long as town have been a league club and probably for decades before. The same thing that happens frequently at all levels from the prem to the lowest level of the pyramid. It's business as usual. With 3 subs allowed per game, no reason at all to "rotate". Always pick your best team.
3 game week coming up on 19:59 - Sep 12 with 1960 viewsPJH

3 game week coming up on 14:51 - Sep 12 by Illinoisblue

put your life savings on Coppinger scoring.

Think he will only play the first half because I think his wife's shift at Ipswich hospital finishes at 4pm and he has got to pick her up.
3 game week coming up on 22:34 - Sep 12 with 1860 viewsBluefish

I've looked through the fixture list and there are no weeks where we have 3 games

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024