Well, Trump has certainly been panic tweeting non stop since yesterday. I think it's caught him by surprise and he was under the assumption that he'd successfully sweet talked Pelosi yesterday.
The SpruceMoose hot take is this:
1) He won't be removed from office. Impeachment is the correct, moral thing to do, but it isn't about getting him out of office.
2) That's not to say it won't be a useful election tool for the Democrats.
3) Watch as the Republicans release this one transcript and expect that to be the end of it. The entire complaint needs to come out, a transcript complete with sharpie alterations won't cut it for the Dems.
4) Right wing media and politicians will do all they can to make this about Biden. Already heard John Kennedy come out last night with the comparison that Trump is a policeman who caught a bank robber, but is now in hot water as he roughed him up a bit upon arrest.
5) Saying that, it'll be interesting to see how much the Republicans want to push the shock and outrage at a politician mixing politics with their kid's business interests, considering how Trump and his children consistently do both.
This gon' be good and interesting.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 14:51]