Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes and Woolfy being snooped around 11:23 - Dec 3 with 2208 viewsMrTown

by Fulham and QPR then.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 11:23]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 11:25 - Dec 3 with 1769 viewsKieran_Knows

Surprised it's took this long to have clubs linked with them. There's no way they'll be here next season if we're still in division, so we really do need to get back up at the first time of asking.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Makes getting promoted this season.... on 11:26 - Dec 3 with 1750 viewsBloots

....even more important.

If we don't the squad will get ripped apart.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 11:28 - Dec 3 with 1744 viewsDyland

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 11:25 - Dec 3 by Kieran_Knows

Surprised it's took this long to have clubs linked with them. There's no way they'll be here next season if we're still in division, so we really do need to get back up at the first time of asking.

Everton scouted Downes season before last, in the game at Loftus Road. He's been on the big club radar for some time.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 11:31 - Dec 3 with 1735 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, makes promotion this season a must as can hold out through january.

If we don't go up we'll get rubbish fees for them both

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 11:33 - Dec 3 with 1715 viewswkj

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 11:28 - Dec 3 by Dyland

Everton scouted Downes season before last, in the game at Loftus Road. He's been on the big club radar for some time.

I think with young talent there is always that will-he-wont-he factor in terms of development. It very much seems both will rise to their potential. Whatever happens, if we sell them I hope it commands enough of a fee we can really do some building, not any of this £2million - £3million lark seems as the prices people pay now clearly become inflated by potential.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 11:34 - Dec 3 with 1697 viewsMrTown

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 11:31 - Dec 3 by itfcjoe

Yep, makes promotion this season a must as can hold out through january.

If we don't go up we'll get rubbish fees for them both

I think we can hold out January, failure to get promoted and we won't during the summer.

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 11:36 - Dec 3 with 1692 viewsSouperJim

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 11:25 - Dec 3 by Kieran_Knows

They've both got 3 years left (with option) I believe, so even if the worst happens I would hope we could hang on to them into next season at least. Evans has shown good resolve in the past.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 11:40 - Dec 3 with 1680 viewsitfcjoe

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 11:36 - Dec 3 by SouperJim

They've both got 3 years left (with option) I believe, so even if the worst happens I would hope we could hang on to them into next season at least. Evans has shown good resolve in the past.

They won't be playing in the 3rd tier next season, but if we go up unless it is silly money you'd like to think they'd both stay.

Best to go up as a mainstay of a team than leave and potentially not play as much - but if silly money they'd go and also go as a first teamer so works both ways

Login to get fewer ads

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 11:46 - Dec 3 with 1655 viewsBLUEBEAT

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 11:34 - Dec 3 by MrTown

I think we can hold out January, failure to get promoted and we won't during the summer.

Fair enough, that.

I do think Evans will stand strong in January with regards to these two.

Especially with Dozzell moving to Budgies

As an aside, why am I annoyed that Brian Talbot is with Fulham rather than us?

Poll: W or W

Any scout watching the first half against Blackpool... on 11:48 - Dec 3 with 1651 viewsunstableblue

... would have reported back that The Wolf and Downes should be a top priority.

My view is that these would individually attract a 2-4million bid today, but circa £10m if sold in the championship with another season of improvement under their belts.

Webster was £20m; Scott Hogan £12m.

Am sure Evans will hold out.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Any scout watching the first half against Blackpool... on 11:53 - Dec 3 with 1636 viewswkj

Any scout watching the first half against Blackpool... on 11:48 - Dec 3 by unstableblue

My view is that these would individually attract a 2-4million bid today, but circa £10m if sold in the championship with another season of improvement under their belts.

The Webster one stung on so many levels. I think almost everyone knew we mugged ourselves on how little we sold him for. Hopefully lessons were learnt from Evans' POV, because there is no point building our sustainability on youth if we are going to flog them off.

Crybaby

Any scout watching the first half against Blackpool... on 11:56 - Dec 3 with 1623 viewsitfcjoe

Any scout watching the first half against Blackpool... on 11:53 - Dec 3 by wkj

The Webster one stung on so many levels. I think almost everyone knew we mugged ourselves on how little we sold him for. Hopefully lessons were learnt from Evans' POV, because there is no point building our sustainability on youth if we are going to flog them off.

At that point people were defending everything Hurst did and said it was a good deal, it clearly wasn't. Even with his injury history.

I know when Webster had been linked away in the previous January under Mick, there was a view that we wouldn't be selling him as he was the sort of player who could/would be worth mega bucks in the future as is they type of player PL clubs want.

Any scout watching the first half against Blackpool... on 12:00 - Dec 3 with 1597 viewswkj

Any scout watching the first half against Blackpool... on 11:56 - Dec 3 by itfcjoe

At that point people were defending everything Hurst did and said it was a good deal, it clearly wasn't. Even with his injury history.

I know when Webster had been linked away in the previous January under Mick, there was a view that we wouldn't be selling him as he was the sort of player who could/would be worth mega bucks in the future as is they type of player PL clubs want.

Webster was when the shine started to dull with me, then faith turned to blind hope once Garner and Waghorn left. There is no denying MM is an excellent scout (unless it was Bowman)

Crybaby

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 12:34 - Dec 3 with 1470 viewschicoazul

Bournemouth are watching Downes too. I'll be amazed if he is still here next season regardless of what division we are in. Just hope we realise a lumpy fee for him.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Makes getting promoted this season.... on 12:38 - Dec 3 with 1452 viewschicoazul

Makes getting promoted this season.... on 11:26 - Dec 3 by Bloots

....even more important.

If we don't the squad will get ripped apart.

Be amazed if the squad isnt ripped apart anyway in the summer regardless. If Jackson has a good season i'd be very surprised if he is still here, same with at least 2 of Downes Andre and Woolf, and maybe Holy & KVY. We'll need a bunch of new players anyway, so another summer of huge churn on the horizon
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 12:38]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 12:50 - Dec 3 with 1409 viewslongtimefan

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 12:34 - Dec 3 by chicoazul

Bournemouth are watching Downes too. I'll be amazed if he is still here next season regardless of what division we are in. Just hope we realise a lumpy fee for him.

I’m probably in the minority here, and although I think Downes is a very important player for us, I really don’t see him as a potential Premier League player. For me he doesn’t really have enough quality to consistently beat players in midfield, or to play really incisive balls to forwards to make him PL standard. Also doesn’t really pose too much of a goal threat. Hopefully I’m wrong and he’ll develop more of these attributes, he is young after all. Woolfenden on the other hand I can see going all the way!
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 16:22]
Any scout watching the first half against Blackpool... on 12:51 - Dec 3 with 1408 viewsPhilTWTD

Any scout watching the first half against Blackpool... on 11:56 - Dec 3 by itfcjoe

I'm not sure Hurst could be blamed too much for Webster leaving. I think he had one training session with him, two maybe, and the player made it clear he wanted to go. The fee is probably a different question, although his injury history will have had an impact upon it.
Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 12:51 - Dec 3 with 1404 viewsMrTown

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 12:50 - Dec 3 by longtimefan

I’m probably in the minority here, and although I think Downes is a very important player for us, I really don’t see him as a potential Premier League player. For me he doesn’t really have enough quality to consistently beat players in midfield, or to play really incisive balls to forwards to make him PL standard. Also doesn’t really pose too much of a goal threat. Hopefully I’m wrong and he’ll develop more of these attributes, he is young after all. Woolfenden on the other hand I can see going all the way!

Couldn't disagree more.

Think the pair of them can play in the Premier League.

Any scout watching the first half against Blackpool... on 12:52 - Dec 3 with 1399 viewswkj

Any scout watching the first half against Blackpool... on 12:51 - Dec 3 by PhilTWTD

I'm not sure Hurst could be blamed too much for Webster leaving. I think he had one training session with him, two maybe, and the player made it clear he wanted to go. The fee is probably a different question, although his injury history will have had an impact upon it.

One training session with Hurst and he made it clear he wanted to go... I think that further stacks the cards against PH.

Crybaby

Any scout watching the first half against Blackpool... on 12:52 - Dec 3 with 1394 viewsReuser_is_God

Any scout watching the first half against Blackpool... on 11:48 - Dec 3 by unstableblue

Luton sold both of their full back int he summer to PL clubs for £10m a piece

If we sell Downes or Woolfenden in January for £2-4m each I will give my season ticket back.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 13:01 - Dec 3 with 1366 viewshaynes_toe1

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 12:51 - Dec 3 by MrTown

Couldn't disagree more.

Think the pair of them can play in the Premier League.

I think Downes stands out at this level but he has a long, long way to go before being considered for a Prem club.
Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 13:12 - Dec 3 with 1343 viewschicoazul

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 12:50 - Dec 3 by longtimefan

He's an unselfish "pivot" type of midfield player that there arent loads about of these days. And he is young hard and English. And he is finally, good.

Any scout watching the first half against Blackpool... on 13:29 - Dec 3 with 1291 viewsunstableblue

Any scout watching the first half against Blackpool... on 12:52 - Dec 3 by Reuser_is_God

If we sell Downes or Woolfenden in January for £2-4m each I will give my season ticket back.

I think my point is QPR and others will not meet the valuation that can be realised from these two players if we are playing them in the Championship and therefore; so they are not going anywhere.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 13:31 - Dec 3 with 1282 viewsmonty_radio

Downes and Woolfy being snooped around on 11:46 - Dec 3 by BLUEBEAT

Fair enough, that.

I do think Evans will stand strong in January with regards to these two.

Especially with Dozzell moving to Budgies

As an aside, why am I annoyed that Brian Talbot is with Fulham rather than us?

Though, after 6 seasons with them as a player, Fulham might have felt similar about a certain SBR (though they did throw away their own chance with him).

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Any scout watching the first half against Blackpool... on 13:51 - Dec 3 with 1231 viewsGarv

Any scout watching the first half against Blackpool... on 12:52 - Dec 3 by Reuser_is_God

Can't remember us selling such important players in a January window. Can't see it happening, especially with how important this season is. Lambert and Evans know this.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024