Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The war on waists.... 08:39 - Jul 27 with 8350 viewsitfcjoe

....and obesity

Sounds like big announcement from the Govt coming, as the Nanny State continues and Ed Miliband's 2015 manifesto continues to be implemented......

I struggle to see how it does anything more than just make junk food more expensive and punishes people without the money to afford to eat better when on the run.

I'm all up for creative suggestions as to how it doesn't, and think it is needed - but talk of banning of advertising is good, but no deals on junk food in supermarkets just hurts the wallets of those, often least able to afford it.

Obviously a much bigger scheme would be required, but I have Vitality Healthcare and have rewards for doing fitness activity in the week measured from fitness tracker etc. Something like that would be incredible, getting Britain moving and rewarding those who do, rather than just punishing everyone.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The war on waists.... on 10:13 - Jul 28 with 468 viewsBloomBlue

One of the biggest problems with weight gain as people get older is alcohol, either reduction in amount consumed is required by people or the Gov needs to do something dramatic with the cost of it.
The war on waists.... on 12:24 - Jul 28 with 408 viewsJ2BLUE

The war on waists.... on 05:47 - Jul 28 by Ryorry

Thought I was fairly well informed re nutrition & diet, but there's stuff there I knew zilch about, and you make a really good case for your strategies.

I know you were thinking about alternative careers. If you were to go get some qualifications - if you don't already have - via accredited course/s (which could be done online), I think you could have a very good career ahead of you in that field.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 5:49]

Thank you for the kind words. I'll definitely have a look into that as I would love to do something like that.

I think money has a lot to answer for when it comes to government advice. There is much more money for the likes of pharmaceutical companies having people eat the new standard western diet compared to going back to whole foods. There's a doctor called John McDougall (I don't agree with everything he says but he makes some great points IMO) who says that advising people to eat a plant based, starch based diet with added fruits, veg, legumes etc is considered extreme but eating a diet which causes all sorts of health problems and leads to people needing surgery (heart, gastric etc) or getting serious illnesses is considered normal.

I don't mean to make myself sound like some sort of diet saint. It's taken me decades to get this right and i'm all too aware of what happens when if you go back to your old ways. Junk food still calls me occasionally and I think the urge to turn to food will always be there when things get stressful. That is another thing most people don't seem to understand, food is a crutch. If you see someone who is more than 50 pounds overweight I can almost guarantee you that person has got into the habit of using food as a coping mechanism. Most people have a coping mechanism. For some it's something healthy like going to the gym. For others it's something negative like smoking, drinking, junk food, drugs etc. If you see someone who is massively overweight my theory is that something traumatic triggered their eating. Every single person on 'My 600 Pound Life' has something which triggered their eating disorder. They were either abused or lost a loved one in very traumatic circumstances etc etc. Some people think it's all greed and laziness.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024